dspear97

How to farm gold now?

BRD feels like it makes almost nothing, idk what to do at this point maybe 1/15 mobs have a junkbox there when the rate outside the instance is like 1/3. It's so dumb but anyway what can be done to make gold? I have skinning but devilsaurs are always camped.

Depends on your StealthFu, I would wait until you are at least 35, I would also use a Sub spec like this: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fZZxre0c0o

The rest is up to you. This gives you the best speed, stealth level, and the ability to reset if you are detected, use distract religiously. 

Now if you want to speed farm (35-40g per hour) I would wait until you are at least 50, preferably 60, I would use a spec like this:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#fhxzZMLVbbVzxfox0x

This gives you the ability to kill packs as combat swords by using Blade Flurry and Adrenaline Rush. I recall being able to farm up to Mauradon as combat Swords at 60 in vanilla. 

The issue you are going to run into is that Rogues have poor AoE, we are single target DPS kings, and as long as we can stun things we can do quite well, but our defensive cool-downs are all 3-5 mins, and our only AoE hits a 2nd target. I personally would either target SM, or find a location in the world that has a large concentration of humanoids that can be pick pocketed.

I am hesitant to give out my secrets for gold farming, as I do not like competition, but my best success has been combining Stealth/Sap and mining to get to nodes that are guarded, as well as Sap/Looting for chests.

While leveling my recommendation is to take skinning/mining, I easily made 200g by the time I hit 40 (I am st 150g at level 46 after buying riding and my mount) by skinning everything I saw and mining while leveling, then selling it on the AH, I got lucky with a couple of blue drops form lock boxes, but that added up to at most 50g. 

Otherwise, pick pocket EVERYTHING, especially while leveling and in dungeon groups, get an addon that opens the loot window at your mouse point and that will allow you to pick pocket on a 3 pack of mobs really fast. I have had no issues keeping great dps while also picking the majority of pockets in a pull. 

In vanilla wow, gold making is time consuming, and takes patience unless you are a hunter or a frost mage. There is a reason that in vanilla the majority of Chinese gold farmers were hunters, and AoE farming will always make good money.

adding my 2 cents as a brd farmer. it was totally ok for me till the last maintance (8g/run, approx. 8-10 mins per run). but now i can't loot gold from the pocket if there's nothing else except gold. well you actually can do it from like 2-10 try, but it takes time and increases your PPs chance to fail. made 5 runs yesterady after maintance and i ended with 24g instead of 40g guaranteed, asked some rogues who was doing BRD at that moment, some people didn't notice but then i got replies from them in some time that there's really a problem. RIP i guess.

They've killed pickpocket runs on this server and it seems in purpose. I'd say look on ah what sells well and go farm it or spam dungeons after sacrificing a goat to the rollgods. I easily make 30-40 an hour farming essences/elemental fire hordeside, not counting pickpocketing/additional loot.

Hi parabol.