Sign in to follow this  
Muhsogyny

Hunter "spells" don't scale with spell damage lol

Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, and Volley are not scaling with the spell damage from t2.5 at all. I have two pieces so far (+21 spell damage) and their damage has gone up by zero. It appears that immolation and explosive traps are the only abilities that are being affected by spell damage, I guess because they are full spells while the shots are spell hybrids, but they are supposed to scale as they did in vanilla. This is mainly a problem for pvp. Those spell damage stats that take up quite a bit of item value are being completely wasted. It's bad enough that it's there to begin with.

And no, hunter t2.5 is not trash. It has better stats than t2, you can use rapid fire twice or more in one fight, and you aren't putting a shitty debuff on the boss that can push off ignites.

Oh yeah, the hunter t2.5 shoulders quest isn't even in the game. I would really like that 5 piece set bonus. That's almost the whole point of getting the pieces.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:37 AM, Muhsogyny said:

And no, hunter t2.5 is not trash. It has better stats than t2, you can use rapid fire twice or more in one fight, and you aren't putting a shitty debuff on the boss that can push off ignites.

Stat wise is it better than T2? While for some pieces that might be true (depends on what +hit offpieces you have), the set overall is still disappointing considering that it comes from the second hardest raid in the game, and while the 5 piece set bonus might seem nice at first, as boss kills get faster, the only boss that I can see it helping is C'thun.

3 hours ago, Cornholi said:

Stat wise is it better than T2? While for some pieces that might be true (depends on what +hit offpieces you have), the set overall is still disappointing considering that it comes from the second hardest raid in the game, and while the 5 piece set bonus might seem nice at first, as boss kills get faster, the only boss that I can see it helping is C'thun.

It is better if you know how to play.

/Kind regards Killerduki

6 hours ago, Cornholi said:

All pieces give an increase an agility with no loss in crit %. There is a loss of I believe 2% hit when transitioning from 2 to 2.5, but hunters have many options for hit cap through scope, talents, rings, and leg/head enchants. The hit isn't a problem for me personally, it just depends how much gear you've collected. I'm trying to transition to a +7 damage scope without needing the 3% hit scope, while having surefooted. That said, the set could be so much better and it is disappointing for an AQ40 set.

I agree with you about the 5/5 bonus. I'm thinking its primary benefit will be C'thun and maybe Ouro (arguably the only hard/semi hard bosses in the raid), and pvp. Lowering rapid fire cd from 5 minutes to 3 minutes will make me much more likely to use it in a fight without worrying about needing it later.