Sign in to follow this  
Ozolz

rotations and dps

the obvious answer to this is GIT GUD but...

the rotation i find everywhere is autoshot, aimed, autoshot, multishot, auto , repeat

yet i see hunters 4 levels below me with crazy pets like hyenas (i got brokentooth) doing 30dps more with nothing close to that rotation, serpent stings and what not

so whats up?

my spec 

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cbZAVohxhtfhfb0h

maxed out MM , starting on survival next level on

6 minutes ago, Ozolz said:

the obvious answer to this is GIT GUD but...

the rotation i find everywhere is autoshot, aimed, autoshot, multishot, auto , repeat

yet i see hunters 4 levels below me with crazy pets like hyenas (i got brokentooth) doing 30dps more with nothing close to that rotation, serpent stings and what not

so whats up?

my spec 

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cbZAVohxhtfhfb0h

maxed out MM , starting on survival next level on

Levelling as BM usually yields more DPS. This build you posted is meant for lvl 60 Raiding.

Reason for this is that you usually never have top gear for your level when levelling and your pet can do 50% or even more of your damage with BM builds.

When you hit level 60 and get some of your prebis raid gear, you should switch to BM/MM 21/30/0 or the build you posted now.

thx for the advice

also found out my dps meter wasnt showing my pets dps at all...no wonder i was behind so much

yet it was merging other hunters pets to their total

SWstats dps meter seems crap

ok so i went 31 into BM, dps is like 5x better now :)

but where should i continue putting points? survival to get to surefooted and 3% extra hit? or marksman?

Im level 42 btw.

I leveled MM / Surv, 0/21/30. I liked it. Not the most efficient way to level, but I'm here to have fun. I spend DKP on the AQ Memeteor trinket and doesn't afraid of anything.

BM can be quite fun ^^ You should try and seek out a nice pet to work with. Pick up Hurricane and Broken Tooth and start ganking level 60s. lol

In my opinion, once you reach the end of Beast Mastery, start putting points in Marksman. Your ranged DPS will improve, your pet's melee DPS will hold aggro for you. In addition, you can get Aimed Shot at level 51 after going 31 points into Beast Mastery, and conveniently, a pre-raid BiS crossbow is available at level 51 if you manage to kill Korrak in AV. Bloodseeker.

If you prefer to try something really weird, you could go for survival after maxing BM. A BM / Surv spec could potentially make you pretty difficult to kill, no one really seems to know anything about that kinda build, so get yourself a nice 2h, make good use of traps, and annoy and confuse the hell outta people in PvP. Or figure out your own thing to do with that kinda build.

Hope that helps. Have fun, and good luck! :)