Sign in to follow this  
Tornslash

BRE vs Ashkandi

I'd guess Ashkandi by a narrow margin, since it has about a 10% higher top and bottom end hit dmg and ~55 ap in value (a rough value for +86ap minus 1% crit) to attempt to offset the BRE proc. And if you're clearing BWL, you should be using 1hers instead of either of these 2h swords for raiding.

700 armor reduction is about 8% damage increase, maybe even a bit more when it comes to MC/BWL monsters. (And of course, more with higher stack)

When comparing weapons you need to keep in mind that the damage range is a part of the total damage, so measuring 10% difference on the weapon alone won't do the trick. Unbuffed i've got slightly over 1k ap, that'd be about 1560 with worldbuffs. (111.4 dps on top of the 81.9/75.9 that you've got on your weapons)
the difference between the weapons is very slim when it comes to raw damage, but the BRE proc heavily outweighs the damage range favour of Askhandi. Despite it being 3.5 speed rather than 3.4. (When it comes to horde, the weapon speed matters a bit more, but your proc uptime should be higher as horde as you've got more incentive to spam hamstring)

1 hour ago, Fiers said:

I'd guess Ashkandi by a narrow margin, since it has about a 10% higher top and bottom end hit dmg and ~55 ap in value (a rough value for +86ap minus 1% crit) to attempt to offset the BRE proc. And if you're clearing BWL, you should be using 1hers instead of either of these 2h swords for raiding.

Yeah, i would like to raid with 1hers, but we rarely see weapon drops... What 1hers duo you think will outdps both of 2handers ?

9 hours ago, Tornslash said:

So as title says, what weapon would be better for raiding ? Im leaning towards bre, but not sure.

BRE probably but the difference isnt huge. I raid 2h-fury with Sulfuras/Askhandi and manage to top the other dw-furies and rogues on the regular.

7 hours ago, Tornslash said:

Yeah, i would like to raid with 1hers, but we rarely see weapon drops... What 1hers duo you think will outdps both of 2handers ?

2h-fury in bwl/AQ is pretty equal to dw-fury (for horde that is), alliance dw is definitely the better option. Which 1handers will outdps isnt easy to say becase there is many factors at play. Buffs, Horde vs alliance, racials etc.

5 hours ago, Jeetee said:

Bre is far better than ashkandi pve.

I wouldnt say "far" but probably better yes.

For reference, here's a BWL raid where I used exclusively Sulfuras:

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=77852

EDIT: Had Wericia (above poster) attended I wouldnt have been at the top though. He's a beast.

Afaik BRE nerf to 1 stack got reverted to 3 stack on AQ update so it's OP again. I usually lose with Ashkandi to BRE simply because they get lucky procs. But BRE can defo get higher meters currently.

4 hours ago, Overtime said:

Afaik BRE nerf to 1 stack got reverted to 3 stack on AQ update so it's OP again. I usually lose with Ashkandi to BRE simply because they get lucky procs. But BRE can defo get higher meters currently.

I'd reckon with only one proc, you're doing more damage with BRE compared to Askhandi. (Which should, at least for horde, be the case almost all the time with its ~13% procrate.)
With more than one proc, it's blowing it out of the water.

6 hours ago, Storfan said:

BRE probably but the difference isnt huge. I raid 2h-fury with Sulfuras/Askhandi and manage to top the other dw-furies and rogues on the regular.

2h-fury in bwl/AQ is pretty equal to dw-fury (for horde that is), alliance dw is definitely the better option. Which 1handers will outdps isnt easy to say becase there is many factors at play. Buffs, Horde vs alliance, racials etc.

I wouldnt say "far" but probably better yes.

For reference, here's a BWL raid where I used exclusively Sulfuras:

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=77852

EDIT: Had Wericia (above poster) attended I wouldnt have been at the top though. He's a beast.

Im horde undead at Darrowshire, so yeah wf all the way. So bre it is it seems