Sign in to follow this  
Xaph

Adds X elemental damage to your attack

So I've read up on Fiery Plate Gauntlets and Storm Gauntlets and see that they don't scale with spell damage and have a 100% proc rate, which is how the damage is added. But, does anyone know if they are supposed to work like seals and proc other procs or are they just a static damage increase? 

there was a bug on some privateserverrealms making these kind of items scale with spellpower, which resulted in rogues stacking spellpower gear and using flask of supreme power.

so id say its working as intended here.

I know it's not supposed to scale with spellpower, my question is whether it adds the damage to the attack and interacts with procs like seals do or if it counts as a proc and cannot therefore proc other procs. (that sounded better in my head)

In any event, it doesn't proc vengeance on crit (definite bug) and it doesn't proc judgement of wisdom or light (another bug).

it should proc off of both white and SoR and should also trigger Vengeance when it crits

that was the tradeoff for the devs removing its scaling with spell dmg

they took down the original bug reporting repository on the website but this was confirmed several months ago

It definitely is not procing vengeance when it crits and it doesn't proc judgement of wisdom or light so that is unfortunate. I crafted the gloves thinking I'd get better vengeance uptime and better mana regen but doesn't look like they're worth it = (.

24 minutes ago, Xaph said:

It definitely is not procing vengeance when it crits and it doesn't proc judgement of wisdom or light so that is unfortunate. I crafted the gloves thinking I'd get better vengeance uptime and better mana regen but doesn't look like they're worth it = (.

which server do you play on?

if you're on anathema get Black Grasp of the Destroyer instead and use a fast weapon with SoR for insane mana regen with JoW up

I'm on Elysium, wish I was Anathema = /. The progressive patches are brutal when all it really is is nerfing itemization for some classes.

On 07/19/2017 at 2:47 PM, Theloras said:

which server do you play on?

if you're on anathema get Black Grasp of the Destroyer instead and use a fast weapon with SoR for insane mana regen with JoW up

Does it proc JoW?

1 minute ago, Whitewolf said:

Does it proc JoW?

I can't remember - I vendored both sets of my gloves a while ago