I'm not going to make this long, but I wanted to highlight the unprofessionalism of the CM team at present, specifically Ash. I had seriously considered financially backing the server after the last few days, as had several members of our guild after the last few days of down-time. Myself and others have been immensely put off by some of the smart-arse, sarcastic and borderline contemptuous comments/memes made to the community in Discord during downtime. You're supposed to manage the community, Ash, not do a terrible job at hiding your contempt for it. 

I don't think it's appropriate to insult your player base, even if the most obnoxious of which have made their way to discord to be themselves. CM's are held to a higher standard and should not be stooping to the level of the average twitch-spammer. As someone that deals with customers and managing an organisational image daily, Elysium CM's need a sharp rise in professional standards.

CM's are currently bringing the server into disrepute through their own behaviour and interactions with the community. If Blizzard were ever looking at an official partnership or any kind of dealings with this project, I wonder how a smart-arse, smug and insulting CM would affect that prospect?

tldr; CM's, change your tampon and stop tarnishing the reputation of my server.

I mean take a look at your second sentence. When a GM reads that it's enough for them to think "Okay, can't take this guy seriously" because you sure as hell lost me there.

God damn, provide an example instead of just accusing? You were probably bitching on discord and being rude when a CM made an offhand comment to you to get you to shut up, and now you made this.

Ash is a good CM there's no need for you to be this arsed, let alone try to use him as an example of the rest of the CM's, what a joke.

Of course, our goal is to be liked and well-received by our players at all times, as our job, of course, is to work with them, provide and receive information, and actively gauge our communities reactions to announcements, posts, etc. It's difficult to do this if we're all unlikable individuals with sticks up our nether regions who can't crack a joke once in a while. 

With this in mind, we try to keep a professional nature, and of course, abide by our own ToS. 

Speaking of our ToS, it directly states that we openly accept any and all constructive criticism, which I believe was essentially the point of this post, although it's difficult to change our actions, specifically in cases like these, without any direct examples or evidence of wrongdoing.

If you have further complaints, now or in the future we have a direct forum subsection for reports, specifically for senior members of staff. (Found here: https://forum.elysium-project.org/forum/494-complaints-about-the-administration/) Please take advantage of this feature.

<3

9 hours ago, Artofwarrior said:

unprofessionalism

Volunteer - a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task

Professional - engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.

Unvolunteerism isn't a word.

It's a general discussion on the conduct of CMS and this information is useful for working on these servers. I also do my dissertation and you can pay someone for doing this job.

Edited by nick27381