Sign in to follow this  
Phemeto

Started a hunter, need some advice

Morning all,

So I started a hunter on anathema, and I've never played one before (though I've throughly read many guides). I do have a few questions though, mainly pertaining to the server.

So lupus isn't supposed to deal shadow damage anymore on the current patch, but I still see people wanting to tame him, why is that? Did they not patch that part in?

Also do pets scale with stats on this server? Seems that some servers do and some don't.

And outside the normal vanilla pet system is there anything else I should know that may be specific to this server?

Apologies for the potentially dumb questions. I just like to plan ahead.

Hey there fam.

Folks might still want Lupos for the sake of taming a rare, but if they want a rare wolf, I'd recommend Deathmaw instead. He has a faster attack speed.

Pets aren't supposed to scale with stats on vanilla servers. They don't here on Anathema.

There is one really important thing you should know, since you asked: Make sure you call your pet before you swap things in or out of the stable. A friend of mine lost their Broken Tooth a while back to the related glitch that causes your pet to be gone forever.

Hope that helps. If you need any more help, ask here or check out my Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux] thread ^^

Most people you see wanting to tame Lupos are probably from Elysium PvP where he still does shadow dmg and so is very popular.