Sign in to follow this  
Gardial

Viability about feral druid dps in Vanilla PvEHL

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys, (sorry for my bad english)

i've done a long search about this subject but i do not have a clear answer to that question : Feral druid  DPS it is a viable spec in Vanilla PvEHL ? 
I've seen in different topics about Feral druid Tank, and he can easily offtank (3rd or 4th tank), but about DPS ? 

Please, argument your replies and not said just "no it's bad" or "yes it's viable", and Thanks for your answers ! :)

I'll start by saying that pve feral dps is ok. It can work for someone who tries really really hard. For most it's going to be similar to shadow priest for dps output. I personally don't see feral dps being a smart choice to bring to a raid though because it's not utilizing enough of the hybridness of the class and becomes more of a wasted slot if you are simply bringing a low dps rogue with an extra innervate and battle rez. But a lot of it depends on the type of guild you are in and the atmosphere and goals they have.

While I agree with what @talardil is saying.... I will say that I have had no problem off tanking MC (typically 3rd, 4th, or 5th tank) as a fully dps spec feral druid (you just need decent tanking gear). we will see what happens in BWL in the coming weeks

Ok i see !

You (or i ?) become convainced me :) i  going to level up my feral druid ! 

If you are measuring druid only as feral DPS then he is not viable because badly geared rogue will output same DPS. 

As feral druid you should be able to fill any role needed depending on situation and not limit yourself to only one aspect. 

I'm currently running this dps spec http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0x0VhoZE0MsfbdtV 

And I'm able to dish out ok DPS and MT/OT bosses and trash in raids + when needed I can gearswap and take dispel/heal role in raid. 

Only drawback is that you will need a shit ton of gear (heal/tank/DPS/NR) and your bag will be constantly full .

one thing you guys seem to be forgetting is the added dps to your party members through the aura. Also, feral tanks do work in bwl, we use em as wing buffet eaters, on trash and nef p1

This is certainly a non-negligible contribution to raid DPS yes,  but no on ever gives hunters credit for their aura or warriors credit for their battle shout (although this is often redundant since many DPS parties will have more than one warrior).