Sign in to follow this  
Danken

Mage or rogue for vanilla pvp?

Hello guys, 

I need some help deciding what character to start playing here. Mages seem like alot of fun, but so does rogues. Ive played rogues alot in the past.

I will mainly be doing pvp, wont have alot of time to get BiS gear so have that in mind when answering 

Thanks /Danken. 

You might wanna know that for each faction mages are about 20% of population and rogues are about 15%. 

I have nothing else to add on the subject though.

Well if you plan on playing horde you should know that 50% of the horde playerbase is UD rogues and frost mages.

We could probably use a few more mages and rogues alliance side, although it only seems like there are less because of how many there are on the horde. 

Alliance really needs warlocks right now and they are a very solid PvP class if played right. They play very uniquely from a mage but still give you the caster feel. Shadow priests are godly as well, dwarf for alliance is best because of fear ward.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

23 hours ago, Enemyrogue said:

15 hours ago, arucado said:

- Warrior. Absolute shit without gear, awful solo class unless you are overgeared. However, if you are a hardcore player aiming for Rank14, Warrior is a freaking monster that will totally zerg every team with a healer behind his back, it's the godtier class for organized PvP, and probably the best class in the game if you are willing to nolife pvp ranks.

- Rogue. Pure bullshit that can be annoying in bg and good in 1v1. Anyway a geared Warrior will literally 2shot you. It is a decent class if you are planning solo wPvP and bg.

- Shadow Priest. Yes it is good for 1v1 but nothing more because the mana pool is absolute trash and you will stand with 0 mana in 2 seconds. Besides in bg your shadow words can be constantly dispelled. It's the best class for 1v1 and dueling people but really shit in BG /world fights. 

- Frost Mage. Damn annoying class, has a high base dmg and scales like a monster but also really squishy so you can do a lot of things but can also get 2shotted. It also has a good cc, so let's say it's a good solo class like rogue.

- Fire Mage. Not really good without gear, but in endgame gear is a freaking monter that will blow up anyone with retarded crits.

- Elemental shaman. With endgame gear is a beast and can literally clean half of a BG team in a few seconds, the problem is that is really hard to gear up.

- Ret pala. Fun class, it's good only with endgame gear, i don't recommend it at all tbh.

- Hunter. It's a good class, it has decent dmg and a lot of range, and it doesn't need that much gear like other classes. The issue is that other classes will outscale him in late vanilla.

- Enhance sham. Pure shit, its a leveling class.

- Warlock. One of the best classes for PvP. If you know how to manage your cds, it has good defense, it has cc, it has a lot of dmg on dots, and it has an insane burst with those shadowbolts. The problem is that you have to farm on shards and summoning shit takes a lot of mana, but for the rest it is a REALLY good pvp class.

- Druid. It's good for flag carry nothing more.

- Im not mentioning about healers.

Now if you want my personal opinion, every class is decent in some way, just play what you most like, but have in mind that a geared Warrior+healer premade will faceroll the shit out because you can't stop a Rank14 warr with 6500hp critting for 1200-1500 with freedom and heals behind, unless your team has some real geared burst classes such as Warlock or Elemental shaman, thats why i mentioned them. 

Mages are awesome in pvp ambit but once you encounter a geared warrior with freedom cya bye bye mage. Same thing happen to rogues, much stunlock but the moment the warrior gets a proc+overpower insta-shot rogue even if he has r14 gear. 

Well i hope i've been helpful thats pretty much vanilla pvp

HOLY SHIT.

The dedication man, my god. Thank you so much! I've decided to go with mage, love the thought of being able to be annoying, and the cc. The fact I dont go warrior is cause my mate is playing it, else it would have been war for sure after what you said ^^ 

Again, thank you for the thorough answer, very nice to see that people like you exist. Thank you thank you thank you. 

/Danken 

23 hours ago, Enemyrogue said:

Arucodo, bruh... Did you just say hunters are decent and get outscaled later on? Have you seen a tier 3 hunter with slavemaker or xbow of 1 shot? You can literally aimshot + multishot almost amy class and bring him/her down to 25% hp. 

Ive been one hit by a dragonstalker 8/8 geared hunter on my mage.

6 hours ago, madebyrockets said:

Arucodo, bruh... Did you just say hunters are decent and get outscaled later on? Have you seen a tier 3 hunter with slavemaker or xbow of 1 shot? You can literally aimshot + multishot almost amy class and bring him/her down to 25% hp. 

Ive been one hit by a dragonstalker 8/8 geared hunter on my mage.

Yes, thats a lot of damage. But a rogue or warrior does that dmg in almost half the time.

10 hours ago, Justme said:

Yes, thats a lot of damage. But a rogue or warrior does that dmg in almost half the time.

Any decent hunter, especially a dwarf hunter, that looses to a rogue or warrior should delete their character... Two of the easiest classes for a hunter to kill. 

9 minutes ago, madebyrockets said:

Any decent hunter, especially a dwarf hunter, that looses to a rogue or warrior should delete their character... Two of the easiest classes for a hunter to kill. 

I'm not discussing 1v1 scenarios here.

Both are extremely good in PvP, but if you won't take time to farm BiS gears or any gears for that matter you won't be able to do much as a rogue, they are extremely weak if you get caught or any of your stun or CC is missed etc.

I'd recommend mage, as they are extremely good in 1v1 scenario World PVP wise, even with pretty shitty gears, they can be monster if you're properly skilled and have some game knowledge of others class abilities.