Sign in to follow this  
chuecopro

More punishment for low-level murder

2 hours ago, Myllz said:

If the population is as high as you claim it is (which it isn't), then it doesn't sound like people are being deterred from playing here.  :thinking:

Are you blind or just dumb? Pretty sure 12pm EST on a Wednesday is not peak hours for Elysium and there are 8k people on right now.

And how many new fresh 60's do you see? as someone else said later leveling areas are much more relaxed and certain areas are not over populated that you can move to. But major and sometimes necessary questing locations are way over populated. Majority of those are low level areas because people start these new characters and eventually say fuck this to the ganking.

I can deal with the occasional gank and obviously expect world pvp on a pvp server. But when im venturing out to do a quest, and I EXPECT to be ganked multiple times, theres a problem with that. Go to another area? sure its either over populated and ganked as well, or theres no meaningful quests in the area. Struggling with STV? Oh go do all 5 quests in Arathi Basin till 40. Genuius idea.

So i rolled up on a lvl 55 mage with low health about to die to a yeti is WS last night. I was polite, i killed the yeti for him. He thanked me. Then i killed him. I was kind enough to save him durability. Us rogues have souls. 

3 minutes ago, Stayhi said:

Are you blind or just dumb? Pretty sure 12pm EST on a Wednesday is not peak hours for Elysium and there are 8k people on right now.

And how many new fresh 60's do you see? as someone else said later leveling areas are much more relaxed and certain areas are not over populated that you can move to. But major and sometimes necessary questing locations are way over populated. Majority of those are low level areas because people start these new characters and eventually say fuck this to the ganking.

I can deal with the occasional gank and obviously expect world pvp on a pvp server. But when im venturing out to do a quest, and I EXPECT to be ganked multiple times, theres a problem with that. Go to another area? sure its either over populated and ganked as well, or theres no meaningful quests in the area. Struggling with STV? Oh go do all 5 quests in Arathi Basin till 40. Genuius idea.

Afternoon EST IS peak hours for during the week, actually.  The server also caps before 10K, so yeah, there's never 10K+.

Right now on Alliance: 37 players at level 59, 23 players at 58, 34 players at 57, 25 players at 56, 30 players at 55.  

Assuming Horde is around the same (they should be slightly higher since they have a larger population), that's 300 players between 55-59 out of 7800 currently online.  That's a decent number of soon to be fresh 60's, and that's not including the actual fresh 60's online right now, because there's no way to actually count them.  Seems like people are leveling just fine.

3 minutes ago, Myllz said:

Afternoon EST IS peak hours for during the week, actually.  The server also caps before 10K, so yeah, there's never 10K+.

Right now on Alliance: 37 players at level 59, 23 players at 58, 34 players at 57, 25 players at 56, 30 players at 55.  

Assuming Horde is around the same (they should be slightly higher since they have a larger population), that's 300 players between 55-59 out of 7800 currently online.  That's a decent number of soon to be fresh 60's, and that's not including the actual fresh 60's online right now, because there's no way to actually count them.  Seems like people are leveling just fine.

That's surprising then this is peak hours. I believe the population does cap at around 10k but I know for an absolute fact, more than once, I have seen the realm status page show more than 10k, never recall seeing it 11k however. Regardless 8-10k players is an over populated server. No argument can be made against that. With over population comes problems. But lets ignore the fact the people actually value level 22 twinks because they can gank so easily, they dont even need WSG 10-19 or 20-29 in order to use their twink. This is not retail. This is an issue. Im glad you had no problem leveling, that's not the case for everyone.

8-10k is not over populated and if the severs could handle more I think it would be even more awesome.  The cap is at around 8.8k now but it used to be around 10.5k.  There are pros and cons to everything but playing on a high pop server is way more fun for me and I don't experience "over population problems" that seem to plague you even though I'm leveling up my 3rd character.

51 minutes ago, Stayhi said:

Im glad you had no problem leveling, that's not the case for everyone.

Sounds like a you problem considering how many don't have a problem.

11 minutes ago, Myllz said:

Sounds like a you problem considering how many don't have a problem.

I think "git gud" would've been just as valuable as a response.

I guess the forums account for the majority of the player base.

1 minute ago, Stayhi said:

I think "git gud" would've been just as valuable as a response.

I guess the forums account for the majority of the player base.

Getting good has nothing to do with it.  You're playing on a high pop server and complaining about it.  A month ago the Elysium team migrated characters off of a smaller server and they allowed the majority of them to go to Elysium, so it's pretty clear they're OK with having a very high population.  If you have a problem with that, it's a you problem.  They're not going to change the server just because a few don't like getting ganked while leveling due to how many people are running around at all times.  Roll on Darrowshire where it's PvE or Anathema where there's much less pop if you don't like getting killed (inb4 lolpve and too progressed).

git gud, I've leveled on Nost & Elysium, multiple 60s. My favorite zone is STV because of how many and easy quests are there, sure I die sometimes, but if their stickin' around I level a different alt or go make some food, come back & continue questing. Quit yer complaining cause you cant figure out how to avoid being killed.