Sign in to follow this  
Porta

Two-handed fury build for Horde

Hey ya'll, 

i've recently taken a liking to my Tauren warrior and was wondering what the go to spec is for using a two-handed in PVE.

specificly a two hander pve spec for a Horde toon, do they go arms or do they use an alternative fury build?

7 hours ago, Nirinia said:

quick question, is this for max level or still leveling, pve or pvp, also which server?

Mostly from a max lvl(i'm not there yet) as I pretty much always lvl as arms. 

There's only really 1 weapon that lets 2h fury compete in 40mans, and that's Bonereavers Edge. As horde its very viable due to WF greatly helping the proc uptime, and especially in MC its incredibly powerful due to so many cleave boss fights. Pretty much every single DPS record set in MC was with BRE, although that dps relies upon your guild actually doing the cleave kill strategies. As tauren its a smart choice since the axe combo isn't nearly as strong for you as it is for orcs.

In BWL and beyond it's still strong but due to the lack of cleave boss fights the uptime isn't as reliable. Sometimes you will get lucky with procs and wf and do insane damage, sometimes you will not and do sub par. Still a very fun weapon because you tweak your rotation a bit based upon how you are procing.

3 hours ago, Haestingas said:

There's only really 1 weapon that lets 2h fury compete in 40mans, and that's Bonereavers Edge. As horde its very viable due to WF greatly helping the proc uptime, and especially in MC its incredibly powerful due to so many cleave boss fights. Pretty much every single DPS record set in MC was with BRE, although that dps relies upon your guild actually doing the cleave kill strategies. As tauren its a smart choice since the axe combo isn't nearly as strong for you as it is for orcs.

In BWL and beyond it's still strong but due to the lack of cleave boss fights the uptime isn't as reliable. Sometimes you will get lucky with procs and wf and do insane damage, sometimes you will not and do sub par. Still a very fun weapon because you tweak your rotation a bit based upon how you are procing.

Then would it be wise to go 3/3 imp cleave? Or is it not worth it cuz of the situational dependency

yeah i figured bre would be the best pick as a 2h fury

Nah imp cleave only works on the bonus dmg granted by cleave so its a very minor talent, a point taken away from any other talent in that build posted above would be worse. Some try to be clever by taking away points from imp bshout and relying on other warriors, but that's not consistent and a far larger dps loss when that doesn't work. 

On 2017-08-25 at 8:31 AM, Porta said:

Hey ya'll, 

i've recently taken a liking to my Tauren warrior and was wondering what the go to spec is for using a two-handed in PVE.

specificly a two hander pve spec for a Horde toon, do they go arms or do they use an alternative fury build?

15 hours ago, nemex said:

Arms is a pvp spec, fury is the pve spec.

This is the standard spec for 2h fury pve: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbIbZVVbVMxoVo

I would recommend going 1/3 cleave and 1/1 peircing holw instead. It's very nice to have in certain situations even in raids, one of them being Nefarian fight, both phase1 and sub 20% when adds come rushing the raid.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbIbZVVzVRxoVo

12 hours ago, Haestingas said:

2h fury is competitive with several weapons. Sulfuras, Ashkandi, Dark Edge Of Insanity and ofcourse BRE. Personaly I only own the first two of these and in MC/BWL I will often be top5 on the DPS meters. As an orc my next objective is to get the Dark Edge.

4 hours ago, Xanadu2112x said:

As a orc warrior could i go 2h fury with preraid bis gear and Unstoppable Force or would I be better off dual wielding FrostbiteThrash Blade      

Just doing MC and Ony for now.

I havnt really tested 2h fury in pre-raid gear but I think you'd be better off with Thrashblade MH and Frostbite OH instead of Unstoppable Force.