Sign in to follow this  
Jazzwah

PREMADING IS A HUGE PROBLEM...

...at least for people who play this game only to PVP, and PVP only for pure joy of facing another human being and pushing their skills to limit, NOT to roflstomp enemy team in matter of few min at best, often without any resistance at all.

Which unfortunately is the only reason why premading exist in the first place -NOT to have fun and develop yourself as a player, but only to push further those fucking boring numbers called honor (which ofc results in them being even more stronger by getting those shiny epix and killing the fun for everyone, including themselves -LOL!!!)

Real PVPers despise this ridiculous shitfest that we have today, so i would like to propose a solution to this madness.

It's really simple -dont ban the premades...but make it so that you cant get any honor if you're queuing as a group! This would ensure that BG's are the place where u get your daily dose of actual PVP rather then this depressive 24/7 afking that we have today.

I know this is pretty radical approach, but devs i beg you, at least think about it. PVP participation would sky rocket!!!

Sooo you do know how brackets work? If you would soloqueue all day long, it would be much harder to set brackets to get maximum honor gain.

But I suppose you arent interested in ranking anyways, therefore you dont have a clue about the meta of ranking.

Fuck bracket MAFIA! I'm here to have fun PVPing! Me not being interested in ranking have nothing to do with lack of knowledge about brackets or ranking..where did u pulled that off? 

I assumed as you propose changes that would break the game for anyone who would like to rank so YOU can have some random PvP fun, yeah not gonna happen. Go find some friends and raid alliance towns if you want PvP fun.

"Bracket mafia" is as old as ranking itself. As soon as people figured out that ALL people who rank would gain ranks alot faster when there is an honorcap and brackets, they were established. Go make 4 friends and stall the premades, you say you dont play for ranking so an hour long turtle warsong might just be the thing you'd like. Snipe enemy premade games and let them pay for their ranking effort.

It's not just for me...it's actually for everyone who like to PVP for sake of PVPing, NOT just accumulating fucking numbers. I'm proposing these changes so we could all enjoy better quality. (yes, an hour long turtle game of wsg is not ideal, but it's still light years better than crap that we have here)

Pointing out the flaws of vanilla pvp system doesnt change the fact that something has to be done. Also my intention is certainly not based around stalling the premades, but rather to have far more enjoyable pvp experience for everyone that likes this part of the game we all love and play so much.

That's how vanilla is.

If you don't want to play against 90% premade, just go alliance, there is almost no horde premades (because it's not worth the time/honor gain). If you group with two or three friends who know how to play, you can actually win every bgs.

That's how vanilla is

The thing is ...it doesnt have to be like this. Therefore i made a suggestion on how to change it.

It just doenst hold up another two minutes of thought.

- What do you do against people who count down?

- Do you want to punish people who want to play together because they become friends ingame and now want to play with 5 people in a group with interaction?

- Would you dedicate your time to become a BG GM to monitor the AFKing? Because AFKing would increase tenfold because  you wonthave bracketcaps and such (it would extreme FFA). The only thing that would grant you an increase of your honortab would be staying in BGs. The depressive AFKing would be even worse with your change...

I repeat myself but: Get your daily dose of PvP outdoors. Go to the fire circle in Arathi, contest Devilsaur in Ungoro or other zones where highly contested loot is tobe found. There you WILL get heavy group PvP that isnt AFKing but actual PvP to the death and camping thereafter.

I think you are some lonewolf who wants to achieve something in this game without putting in the effort to get to know people and play with them. Farm your PvP BiS in dungeons, raids and BGs and have fun anywhere in the world or in small group premades.

2Jazzwah

U understood bro? Gtfo of our bgs. You lonewolf. Its our bgs, we farm honor here, you lonewolf. You wanna have fun? Haha, noob. No fun for you. Its, vanilla bitch. No fun here.

19 hours ago, Jazzwah said:

...at least for people who play this game only to PVP, and PVP only for pure joy of facing another human being and pushing their skills to limit, NOT to roflstomp enemy team in matter of few min at best, often without any resistance at all.

Either go world pvp or make some friends you blithering moron

Good questions ismeckye.

6 hours ago, ismeckye said:

- What do you do against people who count down?

This one is a bitch. Maybe something like: make a pool of queued ppl, then from that pool every 5 min or so, the system randomly picks 10/15 ppl and put them together in bg? ...I honestly don't know + i don't have a clue about programming. But still i'm pretty sure that something can be done.

How would you approach this problem, when you would want to solve it? Or anyone else? ...let me hear some out of the box thinking!

7 hours ago, ismeckye said:

- Do you want to punish people who want to play together because they become friends ingame and now want to play with 5 people in a group with interaction?

Absolutely not! They could still play together ofc, only they would have to give up on gaining honor.

7 hours ago, ismeckye said:

AFKing would increase tenfold because  you wonthave bracketcaps and such (it would extreme FFA). The only thing that would grant you an increase of your honortab would be staying in BGs. The depressive AFKing would be even worse with your change...

No it wouldn't. There is little to none afking in pug games + we have a report system to fight this problem.

6 hours ago, creeps1 said:

U understood bro? Gtfo of our bgs. You lonewolf. Its our bgs, we farm honor here, you lonewolf. You wanna have fun? Haha, noob. No fun for you. Its, vanilla bitch. No fun here.

Not sure if trolling or not, but your teenage, edgy attitude doesn't impress me at all.

6 hours ago, Ironsides said:

Either go world pvp or make some friends you blithering moron

How about: either stop making non relevant suggestions or just stfu if u have nothing smart to add?

9 hours ago, Jazzwah said:

How about: either stop making non relevant suggestions or just stfu if u have nothing smart to add?

Premading ain't going away kiddo. WoW is a fucking MMORPG. Multiplayer game. Just because you're a fucking dumbass that no one wants to premade with doesn't mean you can't change yourself for the better. Try a lobotomy, I think it'd be an improvement for you.

Alternatively, just go solo world pvp. You are playing this game for fun, right? You ain't a real pvper, you're a real faggot 100% Don't take the name in vain, small son.

2 hours ago, Ironsides said:

Premading ain't going away kiddo

I never said it should be going away. Learn to read.

Just because you're a fucking dumbass that no one wants to premade with doesn't mean you can't change yourself for the better.

The amount of ignorance and stupidity is staggering in this one. Don't act like you know me, or the char that i play with.

Try a lobotomy, I think it'd be an improvement for you

If it worked for you, it doesn't mean it will work for me.

You are playing this game for fun, right?

And you don't?

There are only 3 reasons why would anyone play this game:

1. Playing for fun

2. Playing for money

3. You are either a sick masochist, that needs professional help or like in your case, had a lobotomy and now can't distinguish fact from fiction.

36 minutes ago, Justme said:

How about removing honor from soloqueueing instead to up the challenge?

It would accomplish nothing.

Sure that number of premades would rise, but that would actually make things even worse for ppl who just want to pvp and don't give a shit about grinding honor.

I think whats wrong is premades keep pushing each others honor cap, which results in playing more, which results that pugs mostly face premades.

Now, why do they push each others honor cap? Because both want the best standings.

So people have to calm down and give others the rank first... or just play for fun, really. and with Fun i mean play as much as you want, people premade ONLY for ranking. I dont know, there seems to be problem with how people play here, i mean you can rank up by having fun in bgs until what, rank 10 ? Then you could go premading, but damn not 12 hours each day, maybe if you are rank 13 then i would guess ok... Premade people are very greedy and they need to get down from their high horses. Not trying to be mean, but... You dont need to farm 12+ hours for 7 days if you premades didnt push each other, if the most greedy premade wants it, THEN GIVE THEM, it will be over..

You are going to archieve rank 14 with standing 1 right ? You can get standing 1 with 300k honor and you can get standing 1 with 900k honor. Your decision.... its up to each single player.

3 hours ago, Jazzwah said:

It would accomplish nothing.

Sure that number of premades would rise, but that would actually make things even worse for ppl who just want to pvp and don't give a shit about grinding honor.

It would make it more challenging! Isnt that what OP wants?

If soloqueue gives no honor nobody would afk it!

On 8/28/2017 at 4:11 PM, Pipi said:

I think whats wrong is premades keep pushing each others honor cap, which results in playing more, which results that pugs mostly face premades.

Now, why do they push each others honor cap? Because both want the best standings.

So people have to calm down and give others the rank first... or just play for fun, really. and with Fun i mean play as much as you want, people premade ONLY for ranking. I dont know, there seems to be problem with how people play here, i mean you can rank up by having fun in bgs until what, rank 10 ? Then you could go premading, but damn not 12 hours each day, maybe if you are rank 13 then i would guess ok... Premade people are very greedy and they need to get down from their high horses. Not trying to be mean, but... You dont need to farm 12+ hours for 7 days if you premades didnt push each other, if the most greedy premade wants it, THEN GIVE THEM, it will be over..

You are going to archieve rank 14 with standing 1 right ? You can get standing 1 with 300k honor and you can get standing 1 with 900k honor. Your decision.... its up to each single player.

I think this answer is spot on. But... the problem then is in the game mechanic itself, since it only allows a certain % of the players to reach the top, it means by definition that no matter what MOST players do, there will only be a handful of them allowed (again, by definition) on the top Rank, and therefore allowed the top items etc (the Purple fever).

If the honor system was one that allowed ALL players to access everything (just harden the requirements, but don't limit it to a small player %), then it would depend entirely on YOU to reach Rank 14. It would be more democratic, not a Dictatorship of hardcores.

On 8/28/2017 at 5:40 AM, Pendragon said:

wtf I hate premades now

That's only because you're done ranking.

Just now, woahwut said:

I think the issue is that premades should be hooked up with only other premades.

They did that before on nostalrius, and the result was wintrading between chinese premades.

8 minutes ago, Hkn said:

They did that before on nostalrius, and the result was wintrading between chinese premades.

Which can be fixed with a simple detection system.

Premaders are so full of themselves - im already wearing my big boy pants so flame away all you like.

Facts:

1) Premading did happen on Retail Vanilla, it was usually for 4-6 hours a day and as a pug you came across a premade less than 10% of the time. 

2) When premading started to get really serious, and people understood the ranking brackets and started to push the boundaries blizzard blew up the entire system and created buying items with honor - during vanilla. 

3) It never got even 1/4 as bad on retail as its been on Nost/Anathema/Elysium. This is a failure of the leadership of the project to correctly address this issue from launch. They are too afraid of 50-100 people who actively Rank to realize the 100,000 other players have given up on PvP (a key tenant of the game) and ultimately get bored and quit. 

4) Premading as it currently stands on Elysium does not require any skill, it doesnt even require you to be friends with anyone and it certainly hasnt created a vibrant close nit community. Its created a group of people who follow instructions to sit at certain honor caps and rank. Sorry Premaders but your not the best, most skilled PvP'ers on the server - those people either quit or gave up because its no fun afk'ing to farm honor. When you DO come across another premade you wintrade while trying your hardest not to look like your wintrading instead of engaging that Premade and having fun fighting each other.

5) The same small group of people who control the PvP ranking are also hyper active on the forums and will flame anyone who threatens to disrupt their syndicate. The sad thing is, they arnt having fun, they arnt enjoying the game and a huge % of them burn out and quit. You defend something you dont even like doing all because you want the epics that come along with ranking. But what are you going to do with those epics? your not going to enjoy PvP with them.....

If you cant accept that the premades are fundamentally hurting the project then you need to step back a bit. Ask why are these posts made so frequently by people who just want to PvP for the fun of PvP? This isnt about me not being good enough to get into a premade, or me needing to get a life and make friends. This is about the fact that a small group of people, less than 0.1% of the population is engaging in a behavior that is fundamentally weakening the entire community. Its not against the ToU, i dont have a solution for the problem but it is a problem and to pretend it isn't is ridiculous.