Sign in to follow this  
Rafale

Shadow priest: What race ?

2 часа назад, Rafale сказал:

The Title is the question.

Dwarf for Aliance. I think troll is better than ud, but both of them are good.

i used to love shadowmeld for afk and gank purposes. But i can't decide myself

Does shadowguard proc blackout on each tick?

Dunno about Shadowguard having a chance to proc Blackout on each damage tick, but since it's Shadow school it makes for a rather powerful combination for Troll Shadow Priests, since your Shadow talents augment and synergize with Shadowguard the same way they do with other Shadow spells.

It procs both Blackguard and Shadow Weaving with every tick. It also has monstrous scaling since Shadowguard takes 100% of your spell damage divided across 3 ticks which are then multiplied by Darkness, Shadow Weaving, and Shadowform. The result is that you add roughly 48.5% of your spell damage to each tick, so it's a very welcome source of spammable high-scaling, fast DoT damage for Shadow Priests (You can even downrank it and it will still do heavy spell damage if your gear is good), whereas Devouring Plague takes 24 seconds, has a cooldown and huge mana cost, and only adds 50% of spelldamage because it's a drain life effect, which is then divided across the entire DoT. Devouring Plague on the other hand does provide a very large heal in Shadowform and doesn't require you to get hit to do its damage, but at high spell damage gear values Shadowguard will be outshining Devouring Plague no contest. Undead also have Will of the Forsaken, and that's usually a clincher in fights against Warlocks and mirror matches against Priests (a Troll's heal-reducing hex will still come in handy against both though).

On Horde side it's Troll or Undead, take your pick. I think Undead are better Priests overall thanks to Will of the Forsaken, but if you want to scale hard as a Shadow Priest, you need to go Troll for Shadowguard, since Shadow Priests have terrible spelldamage scaling otherwise. Shadowguard is simply monster damage. You can always drop out of Shadowform to cast smites and heals though. In fact against casters smiting and self-heals are much better than the 15% shadow damage or the physical damage reduction.

On Alliance side Dwarves are simply best race for PvP and PvE. For PvP Stoneform lets you break out of a Rogue's Blind like a trinket and remove any bleeds and poisons, Desperate Prayer is good, and Fear Ward has strong uses. For PvE, Fear Ward is high in demand since it's needed to handle raid bosses with fear. Perception won't really save you from getting ganked by Rogues (high CD, unless you use it at just the right time, you won't see them coming), so Dwarves are actually better against Rogues for the Stoneform. A Human's Feedback becomes increasingly marginal at high values and Fear Ward can help in PvP. Night Elves have shit stealth, no self-heal, a worthless channel, and their dodge has a low CD and you still need to get lucky for it to do something. Warriors in particular will just hit you hard with Revenge if you dodge.