Sign in to follow this  
thepparker

Development Update 04.10.2017

If you have evidence that this change breaks the retail vanilla behavior of the class, then I encourage you to gather that evidence and submit it on an issue on the official github where it will be reviewed. 

After reading all the patch notes in wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches/1.x , I confirm that there isn't any patch change in Vanilla retail version that claims to "fix" the Swing timer not resetting after casting a spell, instead there are 2 patch changes  that go over Swing timers and those are:

Extra attacks gained from spells and abilities are applied immediately
and do not affect normal combat swing time.      (This means that Spells such as Stormstrike  won't  be resetting the auto attack timer, after the spell damage is applied the Swing time remains the same, and yes this is a change that supports and promotes the use of spells in between attack without getting the Swing timer resetted). 

And:

When you swap weapons in combat, you start your swing again, 
instead of continuing your last swing.     (There is this only patch change that forces the Swing timer to reset on weapon changes during combat. In order to prevent the abusive usage of weapon effects consecutively/resetting the Swing timer to increase the dps).

In later patches there is not any change to Swing timer resets, and there is not any hotfix that modify the modus operandi that comes by default in the game, if you cast a spell while your swing timer CD goes off the swing delays until the cast is done, not resetting the swing timer unless the cast  is done before the swing timer CD ends, cancelling the unfinished previous action.   

This allowing to be able to cast spells in between attacks if you can time the the spell correctly to not be done before the next swing  is line to be executed. This meaning that if you start casting a spell that has a cast time of 2.5 after the next swing of your 2.0 weapon starts to load the swing will go right after the spell is succesfully casted.

Edited by Hanzemon

11 hours ago, Hanzemon said:

I know maybe it doesn't depend entirely of you as a Game Master but I and many other players out there that maybe don't come here to the forums or maybe just give up on trying something that's already hard and become harder would appreciate if you can consider this as a change in the near future.

please