Sign in to follow this  
thepparker

Development Update 04.10.2017

56 minutes ago, Stodola said:

CLASS ABILITIES and MECHANICS are designed to work as per vanilla 1.12.1, not how YOU specifically want them to. 

It's not about me, I just used "me" as an example, there are several number of players who LOVE Shamans and would like to PVE with them. There are not too much options but taking the most beneficial aspects of the Shaman mechanics and Talents, and the use specifically of those 2 talents combined with the mechanic of casting a quick spell between swings can make them Viable for DPSing as a hybrid class, The frustrated goal of hundred of players who worked hard for being relevant as a hybrid DPS/Support Shaman in a high end PVE scenario could be achieved now.

The use of this mechanic is only relevant specifically in PvE and wouldn't make Shamans stronger in any PvP scenario and wouldn't even make them too strong for PvE -just not that underdog-, also, It is not that I'm asking for something personally, again, it's for the community and it's a change that would make the game less punishing and more rewarding for players that go the hard way in this game  and will motivate them to keep going on. It is not a proposal to make huge changes to Enh/Ele Shamans or just Shamans overall that could differ of the main purpose of this server which is to be like Blizzard's 1.12.1 Wow, It is about a small little fix that doesn't trigger any abusive playstile or affects negatively any of the other classes/players in the game but to make a specific spec not that irrelevant, and i don't know if it was like this back then in Blizzard's Vanilla, but if we think about it this is the great oportunity to make what they could not do back then and solve a remarkable problem of Blizzard's vanilla here, now. and make an aspect of the game that was not so good, "so good" and be it something to be proud of.

I know maybe it doesn't depend entirely of you as a Game Master but I and many other players out there that maybe don't come here to the forums or maybe just give up on trying something that's already hard and become harder would appreciate if you can consider this as a change in the near future.

PD:  i'm wasn't trying to argue or show off that I'm discontent , I didn't try to be toxic by using bold in the most important terms of the previous post I made, and if you took it like that, I apologize.

Edited by Hanzemon

Please also stop making your font larger to make your posts more emphatic - like posting large images, it's obnoxious.

I've explained the situation. This is NOT about what makes the class fun (ask the Paladins who would love to have custom changes and reversions to improve their play style and viability). It's about how the class worked in retail vanilla at patch 1.12.1. 

Well, if you already disliked my persona, there is certainly nothing that I can do to change your mind, it would be nice if you could just take me off the image and consider it as a neutral idea that came fout of nowhere, again, I apologize, I'm really new to the forum and didn't know that using the tools of the comment section to give more emphasis to something I think it's very relevant could be taken as offensive, inappropiate or toxic.

I have to point this is not a custom change to Shamans, but a small aspect of the game that I can't tell if it worked like that in retail vanilla, I have to add that I learned about this mechanic in a old WoW dead forum from back then, is there any possibility that this change is a mistake?. And if it's not reconsider my last comment, from human to human I'd invite you to read it again and try to reconsider.

Edited by Hanzemon

If you have evidence that this change breaks the retail vanilla behavior of the class, then I encourage you to gather that evidence and submit it on an issue on the official github where it will be reviewed. 

After reading all the patch notes in wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patches/1.x , I confirm that there isn't any patch change in Vanilla retail version that claims to "fix" the Swing timer not resetting after casting a spell, instead there are 2 patch changes  that go over Swing timers and those are:

Extra attacks gained from spells and abilities are applied immediately
and do not affect normal combat swing time.      (This means that Spells such as Stormstrike  won't  be resetting the auto attack timer, after the spell damage is applied the Swing time remains the same, and yes this is a change that supports and promotes the use of spells in between attack without getting the Swing timer resetted). 

And:

When you swap weapons in combat, you start your swing again, 
instead of continuing your last swing.     (There is this only patch change that forces the Swing timer to reset on weapon changes during combat. In order to prevent the abusive usage of weapon effects consecutively/resetting the Swing timer to increase the dps).

In later patches there is not any change to Swing timer resets, and there is not any hotfix that modify the modus operandi that comes by default in the game, if you cast a spell while your swing timer CD goes off the swing delays until the cast is done, not resetting the swing timer unless the cast  is done before the swing timer CD ends, cancelling the unfinished previous action.   

This allowing to be able to cast spells in between attacks if you can time the the spell correctly to not be done before the next swing  is line to be executed. This meaning that if you start casting a spell that has a cast time of 2.5 after the next swing of your 2.0 weapon starts to load the swing will go right after the spell is succesfully casted.

Edited by Hanzemon

11 hours ago, Hanzemon said:

I know maybe it doesn't depend entirely of you as a Game Master but I and many other players out there that maybe don't come here to the forums or maybe just give up on trying something that's already hard and become harder would appreciate if you can consider this as a change in the near future.

please