Sign in to follow this  
Rocki

Hit cap wrong?

So, went BWL today on Elysium. Human with 2H sword, skilled up all the way to 305, 7% hit from gear. Still got misses with BT and Execute. Am I missing something, or did something behind the scenes change that causes a need for more than 7% hit with 305 weapon skill? I only started noticing this a few weeks ago, not sure how long it's been going on.

BT doesnt require weapons and thus isnt affected by the +hit provided by weapon skill. I think the same applies to Execute but I'm not sure.

15 minutes ago, levran said:

Chance to miss cannot be less than 1%.

Correct, although noone said it did either.

I'm also missing a lot of special attacks ( mortal strikes f.e. ) with 5 % hit in PvP. Never had that issue on a server before or at least not by such a high amount.. it definetly seems kind of fishy to me..

2 hours ago, getintouch said:

I'm also missing a lot of special attacks ( mortal strikes f.e. ) with 5 % hit in PvP. Never had that issue on a server before or at least not by such a high amount.. it definetly seems kind of fishy to me..

Are you sure those are misses though and not simply dodges or parry? Do you have the logs to back it up?

11 hours ago, Storfan said:

BT doesnt require weapons and thus isnt affected by the +hit provided by weapon skill. I think the same applies to Execute but I'm not sure.

Execute does require a weapon.

So basically, even though the human racial gives me a reduced hit cap, I still need to get 9% hit in order to not miss.

10 hours ago, levran said:

Chance to miss cannot be less than 1%.

Is that 100% sure though? With my 9%+ hit DW setup, I have yet to notice a miss that isn't an autoattack. Likewise, with 7% and 2H, I have not seen a single miss other than BT and Execute.

1. Only spells have a permament 1% chance to resist, meele has no such thing and you can completely cap your miss chance. 

2. Storfan is correct in that Bloodthirst does not require a meele weapon to use, and thus your 305 weapon skill does not get applied to it and you need 9% hit to fully cap bloodthirst. It's the same for Execute at the moment because of a bug, it doesn't check for your weapon when it gets used and so it doesn't check for weapon skill, which ends up with the 9% hit cap. 

3. On most servers the PvP hit cap would be 5%, however Elysium changed the hit-cap formula a few weeks ago. This change seems to have affected PvP, raising the cap from 5% to 5.6%, so you effectively need 6% now to cap yourself for PvP. You can test this out yourself by going to Karazhan and spamming hamstring on the level 60 mobs there at 5% hit with combat log enabled, you will see some of your hits miss. 

sadly legacy logs is fucked up but, i could have you even show how warriors with less then 9% hit ( 5% +human and OEB) misses Execute/BT and there were even misses with WW on it in MC it seems that only a few weaponskill points even count for other Abilities aswell :) 

get 9% hit  , Most good items in MC/ BWL have hit on it anyways 

17 hours ago, Storfan said:

Are you sure those are misses though and not simply dodges or parry? Do you have the logs to back it up?

yeah I'm 100% sure it were misses. Don't have the logs yet but shouldn't be a problem to get them.

12 hours ago, Kolmar said:

1. Only spells have a permament 1% chance to resist, meele has no such thing and you can completely cap your miss chance. 

2. Storfan is correct in that Bloodthirst does not require a meele weapon to use, and thus your 305 weapon skill does not get applied to it and you need 9% hit to fully cap bloodthirst. It's the same for Execute at the moment because of a bug, it doesn't check for your weapon when it gets used and so it doesn't check for weapon skill, which ends up with the 9% hit cap. 

3. On most servers the PvP hit cap would be 5%, however Elysium changed the hit-cap formula a few weeks ago. This change seems to have affected PvP, raising the cap from 5% to 5.6%, so you effectively need 6% now to cap yourself for PvP. You can test this out yourself by going to Karazhan and spamming hamstring on the level 60 mobs there at 5% hit with combat log enabled, you will see some of your hits miss. 

this would explain it I guess. Anyone can confirm this by looking at the source code?

28 minutes ago, Vollfos said:

it was an official statement from the guy who rescripted it in the core about 6 -8 weeks ago 

good to know, thanks. rip the dream of playing with 8% hit unbuffed

46 minutes ago, getintouch said:

good to know, thanks. rip the dream of playing with 8% hit unbuffed

Honestly, it's not like +hit gear is in short supply though.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:38 AM, getintouch said:

I'm also missing a lot of special attacks ( mortal strikes f.e. ) with 5 % hit in PvP.

Because you need 6%?