Sign in to follow this  
shitgameisshit

Horde lowbie gankers?

When I joined this server I originally played Horde side and had no issues with ganking or anything. When I made a Alliance character I found that redridge, wetlands and duskwood are camped often by gankers, often by level 60's but sometimes by twinkers/hackers. E.G. a level 19 rogue somehow dodging all my attacks despite me being 6 levels higher and does 1k hp in damage within seconds. Nice.

I know PvP was unbalanced in vanilla but I thought it was mainly for end level players not 20-30. Kinda ruins the server.

I've been leveling on Horde and I've been GY camped a few times. So it definitely happens on both sides. Sure it slows you down a bit but that's just the way leveling in vanilla was. If anything I'd say it makes the server more authentic to have people like that on both factions. Definitely doesn't ruin the whole server...maybe it results in a few unproductive leveling sessions but that's how things go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Rothop

It is a full cycle of life. We do it because we hate each other, because we get bored and eventually because we are tired of being ganked and want revenge. I am of the latter.

I don't condone ganking low levels.. but I'm sure it has a lot more to do with it happening to them than anything else.. like the 20 person level 50+ alliance group camped outside grom gol and nessingwary for 3 hours the other day making it impossible to even res. 

Edited by Subrias

Being the bigger person does not occur in this game. Too many indifferent people and too many people need to pass that karma back to someone at some point. Being a holy priest and too cheap to respec as i level gives me great satisfaction to kill a green. I still dont hit greys.

Of course ganking and corpse camping occurs on both sides of the faction. The problem is not really that players do this but rather in my opinion it is because everyone allows it. The only solution I have ever come to for this having played mmo's since 1999 is through a community effort to passively punish same faction offenders rather than attempt to extract revenge on the opposing faction.

Let players on your faction know they are a minority and are creating problems for their own factions lowbies. Single them out, refuse to cooperate with them in questing, levelling, raiding.  Stop blaming the other faction or hoping for Elysium dev support and be proactive.

This IS a PVP server but it doesn't mean it has to be a griefing server. And that is what you are doing when you maintain a passive stance against your own faction players when they camp quest npc's, corpses, gy's, etc. Allowing others to hide behind the juvenile line of "it's a PVP server" or "that what opposing factions are for" is asinine at best. But as long as we continue to support these dishonorable players through in game cooperation they won't stop.

We have to police ourselves. It's not the GM's or the dev's job or responsibility.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, shitgameisshit said:

When I joined this server I originally played Horde side and had no issues with ganking or anything. When I made a Alliance character I found that redridge, wetlands and duskwood are camped often by gankers, often by level 60's but sometimes by twinkers/hackers. E.G. a level 19 rogue somehow dodging all my attacks despite me being 6 levels higher and does 1k hp in damage within seconds. Nice.

I know PvP was unbalanced in vanilla but I thought it was mainly for end level players not 20-30. Kinda ruins the server.

There is nothing strange with that. Rogue use Evasion ability and you can't really hit him.You will see only misses on almost all your melee hits. Also using Tea which gives energy make him able to pull huge damage burst.People who come there for pvp almost always have a decent gear, much better than the one you have normally during leveling. Also if someone with similar level attacks you it's not ganking, it's just real open world pvp.

I agree with nealio. There seems to be a misconception on classic servers that the main purpose of playing on one is to gank and camp people or whole areas.

Probably because people praised wpvp as something that doesn't exist anymore on retail, saw some youtube videos of people shitting on healers in blackrock and think this is the way you have to play. The result are people running braindead into me, even when they are much lower level without a chance. Several people running after me in tanaris from the middle of the map to the sea for minutes.

What vanilla is actually praised for is the community, playing on a server together without cross-servers, but with a majority of people making people hate and leave the server because of the way they behave, it's just sad and boring.

You guys are trying to rationalize PvP into becoming a 'click to challenge to duel' type of feel. I am not condoning the behavior but unfortunately you cannot control the population. 

On 3/15/2018 at 9:07 PM, Mario Aguilar said:

You guys are trying to rationalize PvP into becoming a 'click to challenge to duel' type of feel. I am not condoning the behavior but unfortunately you cannot control the population. 

No, I'm just saying ganking someone who is clearly not worth any honor and 20 levels below you is contrary to building a successful server. Enjoying the ability to fire at will is great but just because you have that freedom doesn't mean griefing others 20 levels below you is "ok" just because "it's a pvp server dude!"

And then camping corpses, clearing out low level areas of npc's, camping quest npc's is even worse.

On 2018-03-23 at 10:58 AM, Theo1987 said:

This is just a game, never make it so serious. If so, that proves your life game sucks.

^ Ive seen this argument way too often.

Sports are games too, but you don't see those players taking a dump in the middle of the game to grief others.
MMOs are social games, where the pixels on the screen represent other actual people doing the exact same thing as you are.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:08 AM, nealio said:

Of course ganking and corpse camping occurs on both sides of the faction. The problem is not really that players do this but rather in my opinion it is because everyone allows it. The only solution I have ever come to for this having played mmo's since 1999 is through a community effort to passively punish same faction offenders rather than attempt to extract revenge on the opposing faction.

Let players on your faction know they are a minority and are creating problems for their own factions lowbies. Single them out, refuse to cooperate with them in questing, levelling, raiding.  Stop blaming the other faction or hoping for Elysium dev support and be proactive.

This IS a PVP server but it doesn't mean it has to be a griefing server. And that is what you are doing when you maintain a passive stance against your own faction players when they camp quest npc's, corpses, gy's, etc. Allowing others to hide behind the juvenile line of "it's a PVP server" or "that what opposing factions are for" is asinine at best. But as long as we continue to support these dishonorable players through in game cooperation they won't stop.

We have to police ourselves. It's not the GM's or the dev's job or responsibility.

Overall I agree. However it seems to have got to the point now where this server is unplayable. I was ganked 3 times in 40 mins in three diff locations, by high level Alliance players, deliberately seeking low level Horde. I'm at the point now where I am going to take a break from Elysium because it has ceased to be any fun. I don't mind grind, I don't mind PVP, I don't mind the occasional gank when a player is within 4 levels, but the constant high level ganking/camping is basically making the server unplayable. So I do think it is the GMs/Devs responsibility to look at this. Whether it is a PVE server option as they had before, or a name and shame board, so that once a player gets X individual complaints it's a ban (which I know would be easy to abuse, but counter-measures could be looked at). I think there are lots of options to consider, and to ignore it will mean that players like me will migrate elsewhere, and these servers will slowly die. We need to engender a healthy, fun, combative environment, not a toxic, trolling, anti PVP realm. Because that's what this is - it's not PVP as I remember it, PVP has some sense of balance, of chance, of skill. This is mindless and moronic, tiresome and frustrating... and that's really when one wonders as to the point.

Well Elysium has lost another player. I haven't been able to do anything for the last two days because of ganking/camping by BWL geared guild Higurshi, Maximum Effort, and Higurshi in Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes, and WPL/EPL. So I'm done.

Yes it's a pvp server but the constant griefing is not what pvp is about for me so I will go to Light's Chapel or elsewhere. The quality of this servers community has continued to fall with no apparent care from the Devs/GMs so as the pop seems to fall steadily we'll see what happens here.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:55 AM, Deceivement said:

All I've seen is Alliance ganging up on Horde in leveling zones, so its payback for being a shithead.

+1