Easy Waters

Log-in Disconnects, random lock up

So over the past few weeks, when I initially log into character selection, I will immediately disconnect. No big deal right? When I select my character to play, the loading screen is abnormally long and when it is finished loading, I will disconnect to character selection. Meh ok let me try again. It seems to only do it once per character I select, it was no big deal until recently my client will randomly lock up, and log me out. So far I haven't been killed when this happens, but it is rather inconvenient, and I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before? 

Did you ever try a VPN to connect first? It could be a routing issue. We have received 2-3 of these types of reports recently, but with so little information its hard to diagnose.

What information could I provide to help? I would really like to continue playing, but if I have to play through a VPN, I would rather continue my adventure in WotLK server I have been playing. This has never been an issue. Not since Nost and all the previous releases after all that has happened throughout this server.

After reinstalling a fresh client, from the thread in this forum, the problem still persists.

With the fresh installation I have noticed a lot of stalling/freezing. Such as stuttering frames and slight freeze ups. I have about 10 addons and I have 1g dedicated to them so I wouldn't assume they are the issue for the stalls and freezes.

What happens if you disable all addons and play? Still stalling and freezing?

I doubt your hardware is an issue given the length of time the game has been around.

There is also a server launcher and connection tool you can try https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/63998-download-server-launcher-and-diagnostics-tool/?tab=comments#comment-465390

Addons with 1024mb should be plenty as well.

Do you have any other stutter issues in other games? Do you have other USB devices that could be giving input lag, like controllers and such?

So I played for about 8 hours yesterday and the random freezing/stalling/lock ups have seemingly disappeared. Now I have been killed twice from random D/C.

However, I still have the issue of being disconnected after character log in, and abnormally long load screen times. I actually timed it, logging in for the first time today it took 23 seconds to load the screen, and another 10 secs after loading to actually pop in game. Also, every model seems to take a while to load, I'm talking like 30 seconds of running around before my toon/others appear. 

I do not have any issues in other games that I play, maybe it really is the VPN issue. I just cannot understand how this is an issue now, when I leveled a 50 druid with no issues like this, whatsoever, and now all of a sudden hopping toons has become a hassle. 

Well it's worse then ever now, initial loading screen will render my client "Non responsive" at about 1/5 of load and will disconnect me each time I try to log into a toon for the first time. Guess it's just my PC? I ran the test above and it said I would have issues with audio etc but it isn't an audio issue...