Sign in to follow this  
TheDeathSonata

Tbc server longevity and possible wrath server?

Will the tbc server stay separate and ongoing like it's vanilla counterpart?  Is there a chance of a wrath server? I particularly  would not want to see one as it would further divide the population and opens a portal to other expansions.

TheDeathSonata:

I am 99.9% sure the Elysium TBC will be a separate server, my question would add "Will the TBC server include a full Vanilla server?

My question stems ffrom the fact that Blood Elf and Drenei characters start out as new level one.

I have another question about transfers, will I be able to transfer my existing 60 Shaman, but faction change it to Alliance the day the server comes online?

Edited by Hater

@TheDeathSonata The vanilla server will stay up, and you'll be able to progress your character to the TBC realm. There are no plans for a WotLK realm.

@Hater The 1-60 zones, if that's your question, will be there, yes. And you'll be able to level your draenai / blood elf characters. We will not allow however faction changes for paladins / shamans until a later date after the release.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:00 AM, TheDeathSonata said:

Will the tbc server stay separate and ongoing like it's vanilla counterpart?  Is there a chance of a wrath server? I particularly  would not want to see one as it would further divide the population and opens a portal to other expansions.

TBC will be it's own separate realm. This gives the community the option of either staying at Nighthaven or transferring over to TBC. As you'll be able to transfer your characters over to TBC to progress in that expansion. (Nighthaven, Elysium PVP, Darrowshire & Anathema characters) Anathema will be merged into Nighthaven once Nighthaven's patch matches Anathema's. You can find out more information HERE

WotLK realm has been casually talked about a few times. But we have no definite future plans for a WotLK realm. 

On 9/17/2018 at 8:54 PM, Hater said:

TheDeathSonata:

I am 99.9% sure the Elysium TBC will be a separate server, my question would add "Will the TBC server include a full Vanilla server?

My question stems ffrom the fact that Blood Elf and Drenei characters start out as new level one.

I have another question about transfers, will I be able to transfer my existing 60 Shaman, but faction change it to Alliance the day the server comes online?

We haven't confirmed yet if faction change on day 1 is going to happen. But we know a lot of you want day 1 faction change. 

Is the char transfer to BC actually a transfer or a copy? Just wondering as it would be kind of nice to have my cake and eat it (i would like to progress to BC but I have made die hard Vanilla friends who will remain on Nighthaven and it would be nice to be able to still play with them on occassion)