Sign in to follow this  
QuadbikeTokubetsuKōgekita

Install Botched

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
Program:    C:\WoWC\WoW.exe

Failed to open archive model.MPQ: The system cannot find the file specified.

This was after I did the step by step beginner's guide:

I'm lost and don't know how to begin to fix this thing...

Sounds like you don't have correct permissions or something is blocking you from accessing the file. Are you running the game as Admin? Do you have your firewalls disabled? Make sure if you have Avast, you also like the game as an exception (or disable Avast).

If none of those work, it's possible the file is corrupted and you need to start over with a fresh client.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:41 PM, QuadbikeTokubetsuKōgekita said:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition
Program:    C:\WoWC\WoW.exe 

Failed to open archive model.MPQ: The system cannot find the file specified.

What version of Windows are you running?

1 hour ago, Gewd said:

What version of Windows are you running?

The newest updated version of not Win 10. Because I like, Windows, not a phone app overlay pretending to be Windows. Do I need a 2018 driver or something? Is it a script issue?

3 hours ago, DarknessCalls said:

Sounds like you don't have correct permissions or something is blocking you from accessing the file. Are you running the game as Admin? Do you have your firewalls disabled? Make sure if you have Avast, you also like the game as an exception (or disable Avast).

If none of those work, it's possible the file is corrupted and you need to start over with a fresh client.

I saw that in the beginner's guide and ran through the list of things it could be using a google search about this version of Warcraft. None of them were specific to my issue. Any idea where I might find a complete working client? The link I used was in the guide on this forum.

I would recommend downloading/installing a brand new version of WoW 1.12.1. As DarknessCalls said, they are very easy to find. Also, use a new directory for your new install or completely delete the contents of your current vanilla directory. If you have any other issues after you download/install a fresh client please let me know. I do not see this being a Windows or driver issue.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:05 PM, DarknessCalls said:

The vanilla client from Kronos works great. You don't need to install either, you just need to torrent it. Once done, just change the realmlist file.

Yeah, no, I never use torrent software because they are pathways for viruses to slip in. Thank's anyway.

On 9/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, Gewd said:

I would recommend downloading/installing a brand new version of WoW 1.12.1. As DarknessCalls said, they are very easy to find. Also, use a new directory for your new install or completely delete the contents of your current vanilla directory. If you have any other issues after you download/install a fresh client please let me know. I do not see this being a Windows or driver issue.

I did this before, I just need a complete client, and google is playing the retard and linking me to anything but simple, free, DL locations. I'll keep you posted.

Direct download that was used for Nostalrius is here.

It's a fresh client, just remember to change the realmlist.wtf file to "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org"

On 9/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, Gewd said:

Direct download that was used for Nostalrius is here.

It's a fresh client, just remember to change the realmlist.wtf file to "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org"

Can you upload it to Mediafire? I don't want to have to DL another one time useless program like MEGA-DTA, just to get this one file. I'm not a user and don't want to be or to endorse them.

So, I DL'ed that whole file unzipped it to my directory, it runs fine after I did the "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org" wtf. Do I have to create another account other than the one for Elysium? Because I put in my name and code and it still says "Disconnected from server".

This version says 2006-2008 on the screen under the log in boxes, is this all I need?

It's side box says its European? What did I do wrong now.

And why isn't this easier!?! lol

Edited by QuadbikeTokubetsuKōgekita

On 10/3/2018 at 8:12 AM, Zancon said:

Are you trying to use the launcher? Don't use the launcher, only use wow.exe

Please make sure you have read and understand https://elysium-project.org/howtoplay/en

I used the wow.exe, directly after I sent it to desktop from the new directory. It's nothing so simple. I read that and understood it, but it's not helping me at all.

The new directory is located on the desktop as well? Or a secondary drive? If you install it to the default location it will not work.

3 hours ago, Zancon said:

The new directory is located on the desktop as well? Or a secondary drive? If you install it to the default location it will not work.

Yeah, I think I figured it out, and it's not that I didn't do the procedure correctly. I had the battle.net directory installed first, but they ruined the original game by dumbing it way down and making it super easy so a 9 year old can play it. It why this appeal's so strongly to me. I uninstalled it but there is likely a residual file I need to manually delete. Once I find it the game should link to Elysium's servers. I can't think of any other reason, but I will keep you all informed if I fail or succeed in the endeavor.

Thanks for the attempt's at helping.