Sign in to follow this  
jose7318

Have the rules for reporting ToU violations changed?

Have the rules for reporting ToU violations changed? I had someone clearly safespotting me and I opened a ticket in-game as described in many forum posts here. I linked to an imgur address where I posted a screenshot of the safespotting, again as described to be proper procedure according to forum posts. The screenshot clearly showed the violating player standing in the safe spot, my dead body lying on the ground, and my combat log showing that I died at that players hands. The GM that handled the ticket told me that they have to witness the attack directly themselves "in order to do anything." The GM said that a screenshot doesn't "100% show they were attacking." I don't understand how the screenshot was not proof enough. I don't understand how any rules can be enforced if a GM has to witness every violation directly. I don't understand why players are even asked to report if after we report we are told reporting is useless. Again, he didn't say that the screenshot didn't have enough information, he said screenshots in general were not proof of anything. He said, and I quote, "I realise you added a screenshot, but we do need to witness this occuring in order to do anything." Need to WITNESS to do ANYTHING. That is a blanket statement that eliminates any and all player reporting from being accepted, not just screenshots. Video, screenshots, eyewitnesses, repeated reports on the same player, anything but a GM witnessing violations directly is no longer accepted according to this GM.  That cannot be true, can it? Are we not supposed to report anymore? Are we supposed to trust that a GM is watching? Is a GM watching?

On 1/4/2019 at 11:34 PM, jose7318 said:

Have the rules for reporting ToU violations changed? I had someone clearly safespotting me and I opened a ticket in-game as described in many forum posts here. I linked to an imgur address where I posted a screenshot of the safespotting, again as described to be proper procedure according to forum posts. The screenshot clearly showed the violating player standing in the safe spot, my dead body lying on the ground, and my combat log showing that I died at that players hands. The GM that handled the ticket told me that they have to witness the attack directly themselves "in order to do anything." The GM said that a screenshot doesn't "100% show they were attacking." I don't understand how the screenshot was not proof enough. I don't understand how any rules can be enforced if a GM has to witness every violation directly. I don't understand why players are even asked to report if after we report we are told reporting is useless. Again, he didn't say that the screenshot didn't have enough information, he said screenshots in general were not proof of anything. He said, and I quote, "I realise you added a screenshot, but we do need to witness this occuring in order to do anything." Need to WITNESS to do ANYTHING. That is a blanket statement that eliminates any and all player reporting from being accepted, not just screenshots. Video, screenshots, eyewitnesses, repeated reports on the same player, anything but a GM witnessing violations directly is no longer accepted according to this GM.  That cannot be true, can it? Are we not supposed to report anymore? Are we supposed to trust that a GM is watching? Is a GM watching?

Sorry for the late reply and I am sorry you are experiencing this problem. Please keep on reporting if you see anyone violating the ToU on Elysium. GMs are watching and are making sure that people are not violating the ToU. GMs can be watching at any moment so it is very important to be following the rules of the server. 

Please open an in game ticket if you experience this issue again.

Thank you, Byu. 

On 1/4/2019 at 11:34 PM, jose7318 said:

We never saw this dialogue happening between you and the gm so none of this is relevant

6 hours ago, Byu said:

Sorry for the late reply and I am sorry you are experiencing this problem. Please keep on reporting if you see anyone violating the ToU on Elysium. GMs are watching and are making sure that people are not violating the ToU. GMs can be watching at any moment so it is very important to be following the rules of the server. 

Please open an in game ticket if you experience this issue again.

Thank you, Byu. 

I have seen too much shady shit to believe this.... Sorry, try harder....

After seeing safe spotting, retarded boss pulls through walls with flying hunter pets, I have given up reporting anything due to GM inaction.*

* I dont do any of this crap, I dont believe in it, but when it happens, I just drop group or run back, rez and go do something else...

As a player as well as staff member I understand your disappointment. But the fact of the matter is there simply are not enough GM's to be at every incident. A GM must witness these occurences because there simply is not enough evidence from a screenshot to prove that a ToU violation occurs.

It is too easy to create a screenshot implying a violation that does not happen. And in some cases a perceived violation is not an actual violation.

I can tell you that we are working on ways to reduce safespotting in particular. Though as with anti-cheat measures we will not discuss details in order to protect the integrity of the measures and methods we use.

In the future should you feel a player has been safespotting please follow the procedure for reporting them.