Sign in to follow this  
Iblinkyoudie

Will be TBC a success?

Hey guys 🙂

mb you already heard about the other new TBC Server for example Netherwing or Sunwell.

They launched a couple of weeks ago and for example Netherwing got about 6000 player  primetime.

Now my question: what do u think? will we have good pop on the TBC Server, too? Or will the server die before it really starts cause of the big competition?

I'am realy afraid that mb all potential TBC players allready joined the servers that launched earlier this year so that we don't have this player for the new server. 😞

Edited by Iblinkyoudie

We recognize the work other projects are doing in TBC. I think we are doing our launch a bit differently than others. Elysium is doing it as a true expansion experience with being able to continue your characters journey from Nighthaven into TBC with a character copy over to the new realm. So you will not have to level 1-70 here unless you are rerolling Draenei or Blood Elf. 

Were also spending quite a bit of additional time testing and re testing our scripting and raid environments. 

I think when we are complete and ready for launch the community will be pleased with all if our hard work and have a great experience here.

I have spent countless hours on Sunwell, Netherwing, Light's Hope, in countless streamer chats, Discords, etc.. The overall feeling I have gathered from the private server community is that the most well scripted, blizz-like, and stable server will draw the largest player base. We at Elysium have not only learned from our past with Nighthaven but are also learning from the trial and error mistakes of other servers to bring the best, most complete well scripted, and blizz-like experience ever in the private server community. 

sorry that i will sound like an asshole again but this servers are no competition  at all i tryed both  and .....ely first tbc beta had better pathfinding and less bugs

A strong core of players that donate to the cause is a success both for the creators and the core group. Any extra is a bonus. Looking forward to the first real progression into TBC. 

On a side note. Is beta testing for the bloodelf starting zone needed?  I’ve only seen requests for 58+ and for raids?

I think it could be a success.

The only thing that worries me is faction imbalance since they said:

"

Q: Will you provide incentives like other TBC servers to 'entice' players to roll Alliance in the event of a faction imbalance?

A: No.

"

I hope they reconsider this if Horde has 70% of server population 2weeks after launch.

Just in case... join us and fight for the Alliance! 😄

Well I think so, too.

On Netherwing they got a faction que and a for free factionchange from horde to alliance. Very good ideas to fight a 70/30 pop i think.

A good balance ist one important reason for a tbc server to be a success. 

An important difference between our project and other is that we are continuing progression just like retail and we have a pretty even population now on Nighthaven. It's not like we have an entire server of re-rolls like others.

With all the staff problems that seem to have happened last year, are you still able to deliver a bug-free TBC experience ? 

I'm asking without ill intend, on the contrary I'm very happy to be here. :) 

Only roles above level 58 can be duplicated? Unable to replicate below 58? If the role below level 58 can not be copied to TBC, I think the population of TBC is not much, because now most people have begun to practice at level 60.