Jump to content
Rain

TBC: How to play!

Recommended Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------- TBC QUICK START GUIDE - HOW TO CONNECT --------------------------------------------------------------- Elysium Project's upcoming "The Burning Crusade" server is a brand new realm provided by the Elysium team that will feature WoW's second expansion in its entirety . The game will be hosted on a new realm with a copy of the original vanilla database and characters will be available to play immediately. A new client will be required to access the new realm.

No, this doesn't mean the current vanilla realms will "convert" to TBC. That wont happen.

If you are unsure about how to connect to the new realm, please follow the below instructions.

How to connect:

1: Since TBC does not run on the 1.12.1 client, we will need the 2.4.3 client. Download a client from this website https://www.dkpminus.com/blog/wow-2-4-3-download/. (Torrent is recomended)

2: Once installed, navigate to your realmlist.wtf file, disable "read only" mode in the properties, and replace the existing text with set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

3: Log in and enter the realm selection screen. Here you will see all the realms hosted on the login server. If you cannot see the realm, be sure you are on the correct tab on the bottom.

4: Log in and play!

Note: you must already have an account with Elysium to access the realm. If you have not yet signed up, you can easily do so here https://elysium-project.org/

Remember, TBC requires new addons. Addons designed for 1.12.1 will not work with the TBC client. If you experience crashes, please try downloading a new client.

 

Big thanks to Ziggy for putting this guide together!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i was hoping you could enlighten me, i followed the steps and currently on the launcher and able to login in, but the realms under development are all offline on my launcher, the only realm i can enter is the one under test sever called PTT # 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 1:09 PM, Rain said:

--------------------------------------------------------------- TBC QUICK START GUIDE - HOW TO CONNECT --------------------------------------------------------------- Elysium Project's upcoming "The Burning Crusade" server is a brand new realm provided by the Elysium team that will feature WoW's second expansion in its entirety . The game will be hosted on a new realm with a copy of the original vanilla database and characters will be available to play immediately. A new client will be required to access the new realm.

No, this doesn't mean the current vanilla realms will "convert" to TBC. That wont happen.

If you are unsure about how to connect to the new realm, please follow the below instructions.

How to connect:

1: Since TBC does not run on the 1.12.1 client, we will need the 2.4.3 client. Download a client from this website https://www.dkpminus.com/blog/wow-2-4-3-download/. (Torrent is recomended)

2: Once installed, navigate to your realmlist.wtf file, disable "read only" mode in the properties, and replace the existing text with set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

3: Log in and enter the realm selection screen. Here you will see all the realms hosted on the login server. If you cannot see the realm, be sure you are on the correct tab on the bottom.

4: Log in and play!

Note: you must already have an account with Elysium to access the realm. If you have not yet signed up, you can easily do so here https://elysium-project.org/

Remember, TBC requires new addons. Addons designed for 1.12.1 will not work with the TBC client. u experience crashes, please try downloading a new client.

 

Big thanks to Ziggy for putting this guide together!

I have gone to the unzipped folder and found the realmlist.wtf file.  When I go to properties, I do not see 'Read-only' checked in the Attributes section under the 'General' tab.  I"m not sure what the existing text is or where to find it.  Requesting assistance. 

REF:

2: Once installed, navigate to your realmlist.wtf file, disable "read only" mode in the properties, and replace the existing text with set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that before we start as of the time of this post the Stormrage TBC server is down to effect some fixes from the initial merge.

If it's not set to read only in the specific download you have, then simply open it in a program such as notepad.

Then change the file to only say the below and ensure there isn't any additional spaces or lines in the file. Save the file again as Realmlist.wtf and launch the game again.;

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any ETA? Also I'm curious if we will of lost everything that was still inside the in-game mail system during the merge any idea about how that's going to work out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ETA and part of what they are fixing is trying to restore all mailbox items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So on the bottom with tabs there are options of 'Development' and 'Test Server' (test servers are all offline though). With my 2.4.3 client, I see stormrage, stormrage - extra chars #1 and also #2 as not greyed out (all others are greyed out). If I click on any of them it thinks for a second then goes back to the Realm Selection screen. This is as of 8:32 Central time (gmt  = 1:32 am) 

Am I doing something wrong or is it just not up yet?

Thank you guys! ❤️

 

Oh, p.s. I can get into the vanilla realms with the 1.12.1 client fine.

 

Edited by KinaMonsterRawr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Servers are up. As to what realm, Nighthaven is our Vanilla realm and you need a 1.12.1 client to play there. Stormrage is our TBC realm and you need a 2.4.3 client to play there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need help with my guild, it's not on TBC!

I played on Nethergarde, and our guild name was Disco Business. Apparently, the server was closed and our characters moved to Nighthaven. I checked on Nighthaven, and the guild is there. However, since I finished downloading TBC client and logged onto Stormrage, my character is there; but the guild is gone!

I am the guild leader, so I don't believe I can be kicked. I don't know what to do, please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 минуты назад, Zancon сказал:

Servers are up. As to what realm, Nighthaven is our Vanilla realm and you need a 1.12.1 client to play there. Stormrage is our TBC realm and you need a 2.4.3 client to play there.

Hi. I have a problem to connect TBC. I'm unable to connect.  Trying to connect and have error "Disconnected from server"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The development team is looking into the guild issue. I have not been given an update from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DredKnot said:

Hi. I have a problem to connect TBC. I'm unable to connect.  Trying to connect and have error "Disconnected from server"

Disconnected from server errors are due to not setting your realmlist.wtf file properly. See the original post for what you need to do for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As answered above, disconnected from server messages are related to not having your realmlist.wtf file set properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon,

I have downloaded the MediaFire version - I cannot however open it (Windows) - I keep getting told 'This app can't run on your PC' - can you offer any assistance please?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That version appears to be one of the self extracting archives - maybe try installing a compression manager / archiver like 7-zip and see if that works? https://www.7-zip.org/

Other then that the only other thing I can think of was somehow the download was corrupted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps so - I kept getting file path errors trying to open it. 

Which options above have been successful for people downloading now? 

The Google Drive links suggest the file does not exist.  I have tried nearly all options, including via a Torrent and none seem to end up working with differing errors.

 

 

Edited by [email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I did a faction change from nightelf to a orc. My orc is on nighthaven, but not on stormrage? Why so and did i do something wrong and why isnt my character transferd over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I log on the only server is PTR2 online and the other 3 are offline. None are labeled Stormrage. Is this correct? I don't want to start playing on a PTR and get stuff wiped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Perhaps so - I kept getting file path errors trying to open it. 

Which options above have been successful for people downloading now? 

The Google Drive links suggest the file does not exist.  I have tried nearly all options, including via a Torrent and none seem to end up working with differing errors.

 

 

I used a torrent, but have had the client for years.

4 hours ago, Jojo44 said:

Hi. I did a faction change from nightelf to a orc. My orc is on nighthaven, but not on stormrage? Why so and did i do something wrong and why isnt my character transferd over?

When did you do this? We have had the faction transfers disabled for several days now

3 hours ago, jeon said:

When I log on the only server is PTR2 online and the other 3 are offline. None are labeled Stormrage. Is this correct? I don't want to start playing on a PTR and get stuff wiped

Click the development tab in the realm selection,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! When i try to login,i get the message that my information is not valid.  

I use the same name and password as  when playing vanilla right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×