Rain

TBC: How to play!

Hey,

I have 2 Characters on Nighthaven that i just recently bought and they are not appearing on Stormrage. 

Can we not play Characters on Stormrage that we did not level ourself or is there something i need to do to copie them? 

Thank you very much in advance.

The copy happened the morning of 8/8/2019. That was the copy, anything after that date and the servers are separated and nothing on one effects the other.

I attempted to sign in today to the TBC server(with the WoW 2.4.3 client) after not playing for a while and received a message upon login attempt that it was unable to connect to the server this is after I already updated the realmlist.wtf file using notepad++ to "set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org", I am able to login fine to the vanilla server(with client version 1.12) just not the TBC for whatever reason any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Edited by mediumjbcone

If you never get to a server selection screen and get disconnected from server than you have an extra space or return or something in your realmlist.wtf. you can actually just copy the one from your vanilla install over to your TBC installation if you know that one works. Make sure in TBC you are selecting Stormrage. 

Hi there, i followed all the instructions and for some reason i can't connect to the stormrage server. It goes to connect then it just kicks me back to the realm selection list. I tried all the servers till i was finally able to connect to the PTR#2 server. i find it strange that i can't connect to the servers.

59 минут назад, THERagnaros сказал:

Hi there, i followed all the instructions and for some reason i can't connect to the stormrage server. It goes to connect then it just kicks me back to the realm selection list. I tried all the servers till i was finally able to connect to the PTR#2 server. i find it strange that i can't connect to the servers.

+1, cant connect. today all was normal, now not go, in the list server not choose

2 hours ago, THERagnaros said:

Same thing. Was able to play the last couple days, now I get to the realm selection screen, choose Stormrage, get the logging into the game server, then kicked back out to the Realm Selection screen.

4 minutes ago, BeerPanda said:

Same thing. Was able to play the last couple days, now I get to the realm selection screen, choose Stormrage, get the logging into the game server, then kicked back out to the Realm Selection screen.

Same for me, i was able to play TBC the last several days, and ive been trying for the last few hours, every 15 minutes or so, to log on, but am kicked out after selecting which server to play on.

The TBC Server is dow rigth?

will be any compensation for the lose time for lvlup and when will be up again

5 minutes ago, acier said:

The TBC Server is dow rigth?

will be any compensation for the lose time for lvlup and when will be up again

I was about to say it cant be just us few that have issues right? Are others able to get in or you think the servers are down for something.

The server was down for a couple hours today.

All the latest server information is updated first on discord link in my signature below.

2x XP and 2x Rep has been enabled for 24 hours on the server.

1 hour from now it will be restart again… is this a rollback or only a reset because of server changes ? 

With kind regards,

DDarkangelnl

This is a set of fixes. I am awaiting responses from the developers about which fixes are in the batch. 

Changelog as of 16/08/2019

-Fixed quest "Finding the Antidote"
-Fixed quest "Curing the Sick"
-Fixed quest "Felsworn Gas Mask"
-Fixed an issue in Steam Vaults that caused the door to close and lock after players open it.
-Made further improvements to the anti-spam
-Fixed an issue in The Mechanar that caused the end event to spawn npcs and the boss twice
-Made several core changes to Guild and Guild charters in attempt to alleviate some issues
-Fixed an issue that caused onyxia to be spawned in Shadow Labrynth.
-Added a 24hr cooldown to Transmute: Arcanite Bar, this will be removed in patch 2.4.3.
-Fixed an issue causing jumping to behave not as intended in underground places
-Fixed an issue causing the shadow labrynth key chest to not spawn
-Fixed custom mounts not having the intended model.
-Added dynamic respawns to alleivate heavily constested npcs and gameobjects.
-Enabled "Smelt fel iron bar" on mining trainers.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, Lordianguard said:

Why can't i login though? I get the message that my info is invalid.

I am also having this issue.how did you fix it?

Most likely your realmlist.wtf isn't set correctly. If you have a vanilla install that's working and are trying TBC simply copy the realmlist.wtf filenfrom your vanilla install and paste it to your TBC folder and over write the one already there.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:31 PM, Zancon said:

Most likely your realmlist.wtf isn't set correctly. If you have a vanilla install that's working and are trying TBC simply copy the realmlist.wtf filenfrom your vanilla install and paste it to your TBC folder and over write the one already there.

That worked for me. Thank You!

On 8/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, Dolamroth said:

I am also having this issue.how did you fix it?

How about you?

Hello !!! I have downloaded the WoW TBC 2.4.3 client package per step 1 above. The resultant file was a 7.75 GB file with a .7z extention. I downloaded 7zip and can read the file now....

Step 2 says "Once installed..."  I'm not sure how to install it. Do I install it over my existing Elysium WoW directory, or in a new directory all its own, leaving the original directory as is (in case I wanna go back) ?

Edited by JaggedOne

Extract the 7 zip archive to a new folder. Do not over write the vanilla installation. 

8 hours ago, Zancon said:

Extract the 7 zip archive to a new folder. Do not over write the vanilla installation. 

Zancon, thanks for all your help. I got the TBC version installed and working. Except for one really weird thing.....

Every one of my 7 toons (4 Horde and 3 Alliance) have exactly 100.00.00 gold each now !!! This includes 2 of my Horde toons that had over 100g each (one had 163.74.70 and the other had 151.40.69) and even the two poorest toons, neither of which had managed to accumulate one full gold yet (0.10.53 and 0.40.84). I realize that I actually came out ahead on paper, but my 59 Hunter needs the 63g she lost for buying skills, esp. with 60 coming up, and clearly something's just not right.

Zancon, can you give me any idea of what's going on, or how to fix it, or.....something ??

EDIT: I disabled all addons....no difference. 😞

Edited by JaggedOne

On 8/13/2019 at 6:29 AM, Zancon said:

If you never get to a server selection screen and get disconnected from server than you have an extra space or return or something in your realmlist.wtf. you can actually just copy the one from your vanilla install over to your TBC installation if you know that one works. Make sure in TBC you are selecting Stormrage. 

Thanks for the assistance Zancon however I was able to resolve the problem, apparently in my two week move into my new place my brain got scrambled and I forgot how the internet works. It ended up being one of my firewalls blocking the connection that being my firewall under the name of "Tiny Firewall".

Edited by Mediumjbc

My apologies if this has been asked before, or if I am in the wrong topic, but I cannot seem to find a topic regarding my question using the search function.  Anyway, my son would like to play occasionally and we would like to play together.  Is there an IP exceptions list or something similar to have 2 accounts from the same IP address?  I do not box, but do not want to get banned for assuming I am boxing either.  Any information is appreciated.  Thank You!

No restrictions on the same IP. It's quite obvious when folks are multiboxing. Don't run around on /follow and you will be ok.