Sign in to follow this  
Embersong

TBC Mail Bug?

I have been sending things I made with TBC LW to another char on the same account to disenchant and the other char gets a blank mail message with no items and neither char has the items anywhere. Has happened at least twice that I noticed.

Can you disable all of your addons and try with a grey item or something and see what happens?

i had the same problem and no reply. maybe i should try that but, what happens to the items i already lost? lost for good, i guess.

Some mods seem to interfere with mail but I am not entirely sure which ones yet. You also have to make sure you log on all your characters and some may need name changes which is also what messes up the mail.

39 minutes ago, Zancon said:

Some mods seem to interfere with mail but I am not entirely sure which ones yet. You also have to make sure you log on all your characters and some may need name changes which is also what messes up the mail.

I just tried to mail myself bags crafted by my tailor just now, lost in mail. I tried a second time, lost again. Out of mats now. Please find the cause fast, it's really annoying.

I DID disable all addons, didnt change a thing. So i guess its impossible to mail stuff between characters now, how inconvenient...

Edited by Josy
adding details

We believe we have a fix for this issue and can recover and return most items effected. Were awaiting some programming to finish so that we can deploy the fix.

That's good news, it's happening to me too. I just got the Elk Mastery gun so thought I would go to AV vendor & buy the ammo pouch. Turns out it costs Honor & Marks now so I couldn't. So I try to make the lesser leatherworking pouch on an alt, mailing herbs, mats etc between alts to make it was a hassle, some stuff (not all)  was going missing. I end up buying the elixirs off the ah to make the pouch & when I mailed it to my main I just got a mail with no pouch attachment. I made a second one & tried again, same result.

Have you renamed all your characters properly? Even ones that might exist on the "extra chars " realms. You can switch between the servers at character selection. We rename flagged all if them with "#Rename" now so it's more apparent. Have you also deleted your WDB folder to ensure you have the correct server cache?

I have no chars on the extra chars realms, & all my Stormrage chars have their names correctly displayed. I deleted my WDB & then tried to mail a mana drink from the alt I was having problems with, to my main. I still just receive the mail with the name of the item (morning glory dew in this case) but no attachment. This was about 15 minutes ago.

Strange thing is, I have been sending mail between these 2 chars since launch for auction house accessibility with no problems. 

it's working again now.

edit: still not right, some of my chars can send mail to others & some can't. Yesterdays char that was giving me grief is working now, but now I can't send mail between my to highest lvl chars.

Edited by Totokadoba

Can you help with an experiment? Send the mail and wait 1 hour before attempting retrieve it and let's see what happens. Send a grey item or whatever has little to no value at all. 

My theory is the instant mail is broken.