Sign in to follow this  
huntsbg

Mailbox bug after server merge

Hello,

I am experiencing a bug on Nighthaven on my character Nutcracker ever since the two vanilla servers were merged. Basically, I cannot receive any mails or attachments ingame from anyone, either my other characters, auction house or other people. I can send emails to other people just fine but cannot receive anything since the server merge. My theory is that "Nutcracker" is a fairly common nickname so there is a good chance that there is a character with the same name coming from the other vanilla realm (forgot the name) that was merged to Nighthaven. Then is it possible that the other "Nutcracker" has not yet logged in and is currently having the same name and receiving my mails? I guess that if he hasn't logged in yet he will not be asked by the game to change nickname at the character screen and it's bugged. Could you please check this and support because it's not very nice to play without auction house or item/gold support from my higher level chars. I made a ticket for this but no one is replying for a week now.

We just implemented a fix yesterday for this and it should have returned all mail and caused the duplicated nick names to say "#Rename" in character selection.

Hi Zancon,

Thank you for replying.

Did you do this for Stormrage or for Nighthaven? Because currently the problem is still there for me on Nighthaven. Is there a need for server restart for this to take effect?

It does require a server restart - I believe only Stormrage received it so far.

That's cool i guess, if it means mail is fixed. That's just too bad it didnt return the items we lost on day 1 of tbc ^^

So is it possible to make a scheduled restart because the change has still not taken effect as the server is way too stable 😄

Edited by huntsbg
underscore misclick

Hello again,

There was a server restart on Nighthaven but I am still having the same issue and I don't think something has changed. Kindly asking for a solution to this.

Were still trying to research this issue. 

Can you do a test and document mailing if grey / worthless items and log them?

Something like on Nighthaven Zancon sent [old boot] to Zanconik. Etc. So we can try and track this? On our side its difficult because the server thinks it was sent and received as normal so it's a tricky issue. The more information we have we believe we will be able to figure it out and fix.

Hello,

I just did the following:

On Nighthaven

Selyanin sent Runecloth to Nutcracker

Selyanin sent 1 copper to Nutcracker

I don't receive anything on Nutcracker and I am sure that the reason is the person with the same name - can you check if they are receiving something - I am pretty sure the other character is not used recently. If you can't solve the issue is it possible to grant me with a name change for this character please so I can play normally?

There is no longer name duplicates in the DB. Any duplicate names were flagged as "#Rename" they may not update on the armory so it may appear like they have a duplicate name, but they don't until they log in again and rename themselves.

With my own experience, I can tell that so far, every time i sent only one item, most of the time it got lost. When sending packages,i only had it "eaten" once, and it was grey items.. haha. Back then i didnt know about the bug, it was the first day of tbc. But even now, i always make sure to send more than 1 item and maybe i just got lucky, but i didnt lose anything that way...so far.

Hi Zancon,

My toon Ydamarie sent 1 wool to Ydazzry. Both on Nighthaven.

Here's what happened:

1. Mail did not send. The wool still remained in her bag.

2. Postage cost was deducted.

Thank you for helping us.

Is it possible to flag my character for renaming as well so we can see whether this fixes the issue?

That's not a bad idea - I wonder how that would effect things. Send me your account and char name in a PM and I will see what I can do.

I have not been successful in getting a reply to the name change. We have also not been able to solve all the mail issues. 

OK so should I expect a solution to this or will this just be the state of things from now on?

On 8/17/2019 at 6:49 PM, Arnica said:

I have a problem that is very similar to yours.

I can send emails to other people just fine but cannot receive  [audacity temp mail origin anything since the server merge. My theory is that "Nutcracker" is a fairly common nickname so there is a good chance that there is a character with the same name coming from the other vanilla realm (forgot the name) that was merged to Nighthaven. 

Edited by gailyta

Also, I have a ticket raised for this for 1 month already in game which has not been serviced - funny thing is that probably you can't see it because of the duplicated name... Please provide me with a name change for my character so that we can see whether this fixes the issue. Then the same can be applied to other people with this problem. I don't think this is something very difficult to do and shouldn't take much time.