Pottu

[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

Thanks to St0rfan for these:

You will NEED the addon called 'SuperMacro' for them all to work though. This addon can be found in most 1.12.1 addon archives you can find with a simple google-search.

- This is the Vanilla version of "start-attack-macro" that require you to bind autoattack to any button referenced in the macro. I bound mine to the last button on the lower right bar (actionbutton 24). The numbers of all buttons you can reference can be seen in the picture bellow. Numbers 13-24 are the "hidden" scroll-bar and arent shown in it.
http://i.imgur.com/BcuQKTO.png 

The macro is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
/run if not IsCurrentAction(24) then UseAction(24) end;
/run CastSpellByName("bloodthirst")

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Bellow are a bunch of double-tap macro's that include stance-switching in the same button. Very handy when dancing to BattleStance to use OverPower, or want to use zerk-rage to pre-empt a fear. Double-tap means you will have to push the macro twice for all its functions to execute on screen. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charge:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Charge"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OverPower:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Overpower"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;
Intercept:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Intercept"); else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;
Thunderclap:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Thunder Clap"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;
WirlWind:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Whirlwind"); else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;
BerserkerRage:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Berserker Rage"); else CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance()"); end;
Mocking blow:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Mocking Blow"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;
Disarm:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Disarm()"); else CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;
Universal interupt (Pummel and Shieldbash) in same button:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Pummel"); else CastSpellByName("Shield Bash()"); end;
Taunt:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(2); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Taunt"); else CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance()"); end;
PanicButton:
/eq [Quel'Serrar]
/eq [Draconian Deflector]
/cast defensive stance
/cast shield wall

Universal charge/intercept/intervene(ish):
This require you to make 3 separate macro's, one for each stance bar and the button will have to be placed in the same spot on all 3 bars. I.E you put your charge macro on button [6] on all 3 stance bars. This macro incorporate an if/else argument that takes your current combat situation into consideration and they are as follows:
Battlestance charge and/or intercept. (will change to zerkstance automatically if you are in combat):
/run if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance"); else CastSpellByName("Charge"); end;
Defensive stance charge and/or intercept. (Will change you to zerk or battlestance depending on your combat situation):
/run if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance"); end;
Berserker stance charge and/or intercept. (Will change you to zerk or battlestance depending on your combat situation):
/run if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then CastSpellByName("Intercept"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance"); end;

Thank you for the honorable mention. If there is a demand for it, I'll gladly polish my other guides aswell and post them here. Maybe I'll consolidate them into one single thread to avoid forum cluttering.

9 of 15 total macroses can be replaced by simple "/cast Ability /cast Stance".

Only reason to use SuperMacro by warrior is quick 1-button macro for Def.Stance+1-hand+Shield+Save Abilities.

Edited by Soad

Thank you for the honorable mention. If there is a demand for it, I'll gladly polish my other guides aswell and post them here. Maybe I'll consolidate them into one single thread to avoid forum cluttering.

That would be for the best. I'll retire this thread once you're ready so that you'll have the OP.

I feel I should mention

/script KLHTM_Sunder()

If you are using any Macro in order to cast sunder, such as a change stance and sunder macro from Berserker stance. You will need to use the following script instead of /cast Sunder Armor. This is because KTM does not recognise Sunder uses in Macros. As brief explanation is given below.

The mod has a slight problem with Sunder Armor. The difficulty is that no message comes up in the combat log to tell when sunder has been cast. At present, the mod instead detects when you have pressed sunder armor from your action bars, then gives you a sunder. It then checks for sunder fail messages, e.g. "Your Sunder Armor was parried by x." or "not enough rage" messages, etc. If you are just using a sunder button, the mod will work fine, so stop reading!

The point is, the mod can't tell when you cast Sunder inside a macro. If you are using a macro to cast sunder, the mod will only be able to detect the events where sunder fails (e.g. is on the cooldown, or not enough rage, etc). As a result, your threat will be large and negative if you tend to spam the button. So you have to modify your macros slightly to tell the mod you are casting sunder. In general:

/script CastSpellByName("Sunder Armor")
or
   /cast Sunder Armor

becomes

/script KLHTM_Sunder()

Credit for explanation goes to Alliedroc.

I'm actually not sure if it's an addon that gives me this functionality or if it's a part of the Vanilla setup, but my sent chat messages are stored and can be cycled through by using the up and down arrow keys while the chatbox is open.

When I use a macro such as this:

/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Charge"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

the macro-text is also stored as if though it were a regular chat message, and the macro-text shows up when I cycle through my sent chat messages.

While not exactly game-breaking, it is mildly annoying, as your list of sent messages become diluted by non-relevant macro text.

Is there any way to circumvent this?

One thing that I would like to point out: This does not happen with macros such as:

/use Bloodrage

So it might have to do with the /run command? I'm not sure.

Also, thanks for the useful macros. :)

Back in the days, I had my own macros similiar to these and they worked just fine...they are...but, all supermacros with abilities are now "highlighted" even when I dont have enough rage to perform them or I'm out of range to do them, anyone has an idea how to fix it?

the first macro on the list is not working for me, or perhaps i'm misunderstanding what it's meant to do, but it does not start autoattacking on the button pressed. do you need rage for it to work?

the first macro on the list is not working for me, or perhaps i'm misunderstanding what it's meant to do, but it does not start autoattacking on the button pressed. do you need rage for it to work?

Make sure your auto attack ability is placed in the correct slot, use the image provided below and edit the macro to change the number 24 to the number of the slot that your auto attack is set to.

/run if not IsCurrentAction(24) then UseAction(24) end;

Image of all ability slots:

http://i.imgur.com/BcuQKTO.png 

Hey folks! When using the startattack macro, it starts attacking. BUT i cannot use the spell. Kinda sucks since then i cant smash buttons and need another keybind just to start attacking. CBA clicking everything. I have supermacro addon.

Ples help

2 hours ago, Devoth said:

Hey folks! When using the startattack macro, it starts attacking. BUT i cannot use the spell. Kinda sucks since then i cant smash buttons and need another keybind just to start attacking. CBA clicking everything. I have supermacro addon.

Ples help

Try doing it like this:

/script if not IsCurrentAction(13) then UseAction(13) end;
/cast Mortal Strike

13 being the number of the action bar slot you put the auto attack on.

For me this works without any problems. Keep in mind that it's case sensitive, so don't forget any capital letters

Edited by Taurior

I apologize if this has been answered, but i cannot find the solution. I'm attempting to create a weapon swap macro with Supermacro that switches to my 1h / shield when i cast defensive stance, and back to my dual weapons when i cast battle or zerker stance. Any ideas?

Edit: Never Mind bros, i found a thread that helped me solve my weapon swap issues. Turns out i needed a second addon called Weapon Swap or something of that nature. Cheers!

Thread with the info: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/84603-fury-warrior-guide-hiddehs-ed-edition/

Edited by o0oNullo0o
Updating information

I'm getting an error when I attempt to create these macros. I'm fairly new to this so I'm not sure if its something I'm doing wrong. Below is a picture of the error I get and what it looks like for how I attempt to put the macros in. Any help would be appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/r97iH

If I try lets say Overpowered macro, it just switches stances.. even if Overpowered is not ready (no dodge..) is there a way how to make it first "check" if you are actually able to use that spell?

OverPower:
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Overpower"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

I dont understand it so much so.. I thought that "IsCastable" means.. it will switch only if overpower is castable but..

22 hours ago, Suiro said:

If I try lets say Overpowered macro, it just switches stances.. even if Overpowered is not ready (no dodge..) is there a way how to make it first "check" if you are actually able to use that spell?

OverPower:

I dont understand it so much so.. I thought that "IsCastable" means.. it will switch only if overpower is castable but..

when u click the first time, the macro will switch u to battle stance, and when u click it again, it will cast overpower. so even if ur overpower is not triggered, it will switch u to battle stance.

if u wanna know when to use it, u can get an addon called "overpower alert" or smthn like that.

is there anyway to add to the /run if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then CastSpellByName("Intercept"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance"); end;

script, to besides check if im in combat and swapping to battle stance to also check for amount of rage and if its 50+ then also check if im in combat and if out and rage isnt 50 or + then to swap to battle stance then.  becuase i could have 90 rage and i dont want to dump my 90 rage to do a charge, at least not in every situtation. 

and i want to use the one key for all my charging needs without needing to check if im dumpiong 30 rage.

Edited by ldrancer