Sign in to follow this  
Patchi

<Echo> (A) US guild on Anathema

Loot council as a basic principal, is a group of people usually 5 to make an uneven vote, decide who gets loot based on many factors. Most of these factors include performance, overall upgrade, raid viable upgrade, last time looted, as well as attendance and time in grade(time as a raider).

Our loot council has always been and will continue to be fair, balanced and have no steak in gearing people other than those items. If a person on loot council is putting on for an item, they are replaced for that loot decision by another officer, or person deemed so at the start of each raid week.

In most opinions, Loot council, if done right is the most raid friendly form of loot distribution, as it gears a raid and rewards people for their hard work and dedication, rather than just who has the most saved up points.

Former Echo member here. Love you guys, lot of great people in this guild and a lot of good times were had, but this is not an accurate description of how loot council works in practice. 

If it were a matter of performance, overall upgrades, raid viable gear, last loot, and attendance, there is no way both the Silithus shield (2nd BiS for tanks) and the Chromag shield (BiS) would have gone to the same tank within a week when all tanks had perfect attendance, did their jobs equally well, and were all using inferior shields. Call me a salty tank (I'm Ghod, lest you think I'm trying to hide behind anonymity) if you must, but the loot council is more a trickle-down loot system, where the best loot goes to the perceived best in class every time unless they don't need it or pass on it (Like Vio passing on the t2 chest for months). 

I really don't want to come off like I'm trying to derail your recruitment, I really wish you guys the best, and anyone who wants to raid will not find a better raid group to do it with. And don't get me wrong, you'll get gear, and you'll get gear fast, the loot council is a great system for gearing up new players to be competitive in raids, but towards the end of progression the flaws in the system show. 

I honestly don't even know why I'm bothering to respond to this, it's likely only going to make you guys dislike me, but I think those applying to the guild should be informed of the system to its fullest extent. It will get you very good gear pretty fast, but for full BiS, you'll be waiting a while, and there's no opportunity to "save up" for one piece of gear you really want like you get in a DKP system. Both systems have flaws. If you geared up in a DKP system as quickly as you do with LC, you'd be in debt forever. But with LC you have no better shot at getting a piece of gear, regardless of how long you've waited for it. So I guess that's my point. Please don't ignore the flaws in the LC system, that will only grow resentment. 

A+ guild though, I truly mean that. Best of luck to you guys and see you on the 17th.

Ghod, thanks for replying and giving your perspective of the guild, and the kind words. 

The only correction to this message I'd make, is I believe that you're recalling what happened with the silithus shield incorecctly. Viowar never received the Shield from the AQ quest boss, but instead Picko did. As we've only ever got two Chromag shields, which one indeed did go to Viowar, being our Main Tank. The other went to Picko on a vote, mainly because he was our second tank, and someone that tanked bosses significantly more than any of the other tanks we had. As well as it was an Item at the top of his list that he wanted over all else. Picko at the time was only 5/8 T2, and pretty much not taking any gear in waits for the shield to drop, all of which was taken into account, and it was indeed a very, very hard decision to make. And given a do-over, the AQ shield would have likely gone to another tank, had we known the Chromag shield was going to drop that week. But again, we had seen 1 shield in months of raiding.

Loot council is a loot system built around making the guild and the raid as strong as possible. Giving items to the tank that is taking the brunt of the raid damage to mitigate heals and thus make it easier, is a good thing, and most people would agree, having a strong Main Tank will ease your pains later in the content.

Either way, I appreciate the kind words Ghod, best of luck to you!

Edited by Slayde

Former Echo member here. Love you guys, lot of great people in this guild and a lot of good times were had, but this is not an accurate description of how loot council works in practice. 

If it were a matter of performance, overall upgrades, raid viable gear, last loot, and attendance, there is no way both the Silithus shield (2nd BiS for tanks) and the Chromag shield (BiS) would have gone to the same tank within a week when all tanks had perfect attendance, did their jobs equally well, and were all using inferior shields. Call me a salty tank (I'm Ghod, lest you think I'm trying to hide behind anonymity) if you must, but the loot council is more a trickle-down loot system, where the best loot goes to the perceived best in class every time unless they don't need it or pass on it (Like Vio passing on the t2 chest for months). 

I really don't want to come off like I'm trying to derail your recruitment, I really wish you guys the best, and anyone who wants to raid will not find a better raid group to do it with. And don't get me wrong, you'll get gear, and you'll get gear fast, the loot council is a great system for gearing up new players to be competitive in raids, but towards the end of progression the flaws in the system show. 

I honestly don't even know why I'm bothering to respond to this, it's likely only going to make you guys dislike me, but I think those applying to the guild should be informed of the system to its fullest extent. It will get you very good gear pretty fast, but for full BiS, you'll be waiting a while, and there's no opportunity to "save up" for one piece of gear you really want like you get in a DKP system. Both systems have flaws. If you geared up in a DKP system as quickly as you do with LC, you'd be in debt forever. But with LC you have no better shot at getting a piece of gear, regardless of how long you've waited for it. So I guess that's my point. Please don't ignore the flaws in the LC system, that will only grow resentment. 

A+ guild though, I truly mean that. Best of luck to you guys and see you on the 17th.

So, they're a corrupt loot council guild? Got it. :icecream:

So, they're a corrupt loot council guild? Got it. :icecream:

If that's what you gathered by seeding gear to one of the Main Tanks to ease content and future progression. Then sure.

If that's what you gathered by seeding gear to one of the Main Tanks to ease content and future progression. Then sure.

Naw, what I gathered was -- you got the shield from one of the Lords -- went to BWL later that week, and decided to give yourself the Chromag shield instead of passing it to another tank even though you just grabbed the one from the Lords. :confused:

Ease content. Lmao, it's BWL/MC, but hey -- that's loot council for yeah.

The person that got the shield wasn't a part loot council, and I'm not a tank or one that got the shield.

I don't exactly know what you're trying to say, or even do by replying to a situation you don't really know about, but I guess thanks for the free bump!

Still recruiting!

The person that got the shield wasn't a part loot council, and I'm not a tank or one that got the shield.

I don't exactly know what you're trying to say, or even do by replying to a situation you don't really know about, but I guess thanks for the free bump!

Still recruiting!

You're welcome for the free bump, and I know you're not the tank. I recognize your name from Taliza's posse crew. 

Don't know what I am saying? I can see your reading comprehension is low, but damn.

Tank 1 got a shield from a Lord.  Tank 1 got another shield from Chromag the same week. Thus, a фекал loot council.  Wow -- I can see why you'd find that hard to comprehend.  :kiss_hand:

You're welcome for the free bump, and I know you're not the tank. I recognize your name from Taliza's posse crew. 

This made me laugh hard. Miss-informed trolls are always the funniest. Thanks for the good laugh!

I like trolls too but not in guild recruitment. Pest, if you want to make an idiot out of yourself please visit the Grizzly guild post. There's plenty of entertainment to be had there and over there they actually encourage it.

I find interesting Slayde and his crew are accused of corrupt looting practices. Looks like this has followed them from original Nostalrius.

Its no secret really. My guild stopped doing partnered runs with them on Saturdays because Slayde threw several fits about gearing his alts. He flat out said if anyone rolled against his Rogue, Milksteakx, on loot, he would not attend. On one instance, he cursed and berated one of our members in whispers for over 20 minutes, simply because said member beat Slayde on a fair roll for Core Hound Tooth. Slayde wouldn't let his guildies attend the run either since he didn't get his way. Despite Emptora's and Nickyp's best efforts to apologize time and time again for you Slayde, you abused the relationship you had with our guild until we refused to run MC with Echo's alts. Not to mention embarrassed your guild and Nickyp and Emptora with your childish behavior.

Slayde also has 3 Best-in-Slot geared characters, which he reclassifies as his "main" as he sees the need for loot on them. He denies people loot who have waited for it for 3 or 4 months on their mains, just so he can take it on his 3rd and 4th alt. The fact that many of his guildies didn't return speaks to the fact of his guild seeing through his corruption. Several great players have migrated to fairer pastures to escape his corruption.

I'll never forget that he took Echo's first Ash'kandi on his hunter, and after said raid he announced his new main would be Patchi, his BoE Green Mage. He subsequently took 2 Best-in-Slot pieces of caster gear that next week, over long-standing raiders in his guild who waited for that gear on their main. Leading by example at its best. Rumor is the current members of his guild meme and laugh at his leadership (or lack there-of) amongst themselves.

Last but not least, why don't you step up and tell everyone how you embezzled the BoE's and crafting materials from the Alt MC runs on Saturdays Slayde, and sold them on the AH for gold. This gold was used at your personal disposal, which you used to buy gear and enchants for you and your non-guilded, personal friends.

TL;DR: Want a guild without corruption and drama up to the neck? Click the back button your browser and keep searching... Want to gear the 5th Alt that Slayde is leveling? Hop on over and apply...

I like trolls too but not in guild recruitment. Pest, if you want to make an idiot out of yourself please visit the Grizzly guild post. There's plenty of entertainment to be had there and over there they actually encourage it.

I am not trolling, buddy.  I read what a past member had posted, and commented.  Your name also looks familiar -- aren't you the guy who posted a suicide note on the nost forums?  I would google, or try and look it up, but i think that's definitely you lol.

Yes, you're welcome for the free bump. It was just as funny as the first time.