Rhena

[ADDON] LunaUnitFrames

I like these unit frames, they are pretty good. Close to pitbull but not quite there.

I've been messing around with them for a while today, and had a few questions.

Can i manually adjust colors of frames?

Can I adjust the transparency of frames?

Basically, I want to get them silimar to my old UI.

Here is a pic for comparison: 8sJI8ec.jpg

and here's what I have currently:

J36kvIP.jpg

What I cant figure out how to do:

1. disable portraits completely

2. adjust colors (if possible)

3. adjust transparency

4. get them closer to looking like that.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by gangstabro

1. There's a checkbox in the settings for every unit, player/target and so on, where you can disable them.

2. Press the colors button.

3. There's a master alpha in general settings. And individual in settings for every frame.

4. Make an effort.

Theres not for me. General settings has no alpha, and there is no colors button.

perhaps i dont have the newest version, ill look into it.

edit: yes, i had a version from dec. 2016 from github.

adjusting the new version now, much improved.

Edited by gangstabro

Hello Again @Rhena,

I made a suggestion a number of months ago for an alternative way to display buffs/debuffs associated with the unit frames...

On 7/4/2017 at 7:30 AM, Razorwynd said:

Hi @Rhena!

Would it be possible to incorporate a priority buff/debuff icon over the class icon like Enemy Frames uses? Perhaps even using the same priority list and somehow just enable it for Luna Frames instead of just the default unit frames... I think that would be VERY cool!!

...and you kindly replied:

On 7/4/2017 at 8:23 PM, Rhena said:

I am currently way to busy for feature requests. I like the idea though.

I am sure you are still super busy, but I thought I would plant another seed in your head for how to better filter buffs and debuffs associated with the amazing Luna Unit frames. It seems like a quick and functional solution might be to only display buffs (and debuffs) whose remaining duration is shorter than a user-specified time. All the buffs I want to see above my player unit frame are generally shorter than 60 seconds and all the buffs I never want to see above my player unit frame are vastly longer than this. 

I think that sure a feature would serve to greatly minimize the clutter around player frames that can occur when fully raid buffed.

On 22.2.2017 at 2:53 AM, Shaezz said:

I had to remake my UI last weekend due to PC crash and I downloaded the latest Luna from github. Before that, I had been using a version of Luna which I downloaded in last September. And with the newest version the next problem occurs:

I use mouseover macros with every heal and the addon shows healing predictions on raid frames. But instead of showing the healing prediction on the target I am targeting by hovering the mouse over it's raidframe, the healing prediction shows it on my raidframe. So the heal is casted on right target, but the healing prediction thinks i am casting the heal on myself.  This happens on every 1/3-1/2 of heal casts, especially when I am spamming the heal buttons. Before the new version, this problem never occurred.

I've reinstalled the addon, my WTF folder was clean(thanks to the crash) and I've tested it without any other addons. Is this an unique issue I've managed to create or is the mouseover macro not perfected with latest version of Luna? 

This is the mouseover macro I use:

/script if nil then CastSpellByName("SPELLNAME") end
/lunamo SPELLNAME

Thanks for all your work Rhena!

The problem he describes does still exist in latest version. I have lunamo macros for every heal too, and its very confusing when the healing predictions pops on myself instead of my mouseover target.

Did you find any solution for this Rhena?

V 2.221

- Minimize the seeing yourself being healed instead of your target (HealComm).
This will not go away if /lunamo and a SpellStopCasting macro are spammed. This will/CAN not be fixed!!!
- Attempt to fix Vael/Suppression Room lag. (For other laggy locations (Fankriss tunnel,...) 
use the General options to generally disable castbars of others and the combat log based range check.)
- Reverted quick ToT clearing since it will cause flicker for mouseover casting spam

https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/releases

Could you consider having a 40 yard range check the same way sRaidframes Improved has? With an enable/disable button ofcourse. I have been missing this since I swapped toward your take on raidframes, more than 2 years ago. I've tried figuring it out myself but my lua knowledge is very small :P

Aggro getting displayed with a red border or with red name would be pretty cool aswell.

Thank you for creating this addon and keeping it up to date!

The heals showing up on the player should be entirely fixed now. Please test the current master version thoroughly before i make an official release. It also has continuous 40y range checking now as long as a healing spell remains on the cursor.

This addon have target arrow or something? Or which addon have, or how can i use arrow from questie to find location my target in raid group?Nobody knows?

12 hours ago, Rhena said:

The heals showing up on the player should be entirely fixed now. Please test the current master version thoroughly before i make an official release. It also has continuous 40y range checking now as long as a healing spell remains on the cursor.

I have tested with version 2.221 in our latest Raid and the problem still occurs sometimes.
It happens when I hit a lunamo healing macros on a "new" mouseover target, while a healing spellcast is still in process of going off.
I guess this cant be fixed, like you said. Just have to get used to it and spam less ;)

Can you tell more about 40y range check setup. What do you mean by "having a healing spell on cursor"? Is it working with /lunamo macros? For the combat log based Range check, do I have to keep a separate combat log window open all time? Is it better to check every combat message like party / friendly etc?
I also have set my combatlog range in console to 40.

Is there any more i can do to get better 40y prediction? 

Cheers

You have to download the current master and remove -master from the folder name to see the fixes.

https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/archive/master.zip

I have not made it into a release yet in fear of additional errors showing up.

Combat log based range detection is enabled in the general options of Luna and it has nothing to do with the combat log you have on your screen. Setting the range to 40 is correct though.

The having a "healing spell on the cursor" means that you turn of auto self cast and press a healing spell. You then have a glow around your cursor that will allow you to click this spell onto any unit. The glow will turn blue when you are able to cast the spell on whatever is beneath your cursor.

As long as that spell remains on your cursor Luna will be able to check this spell against everyone you are grouped with and therefore will have an accurate range (fading people too far away). The /lunamo command does this too. It will

- disable auto self cast if necessary

- cast the desired spell

- check everyones range

- target the spell on the right unit

- re-enable auto self cast if necessary

The checked unit will remain memorized as in range for 4 seconds. If it isn't refreshed it will fade as it is deemed as out of range.

What is the cause of these errors? And is it possible to correct these errors?

1013de4d2a19t.jpg

de705ea30475t.jpg

f2f3d20f1aa5t.jpg

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Thank you for your amazing work! I've been avoiding UI overhauls because I never liked their design but yours is so customizable I spent two hours enthusiastically tinkering with the settings like a kid.

I have one question - I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I messed up the settings, but my aura tracker is behaving weirdly. Under the Raid settings, I enabled it and set which buffs I want to track. This works perfectly in the raid grid, but the odd thing is that the buffs are also tracked in the party interface, despite this being disabled in the party UI settings. When I enable party auratracking, it curiously turns off the indicator along with others like aggro and the HoT trackers. Another thing that might or might not be connected is that healing prediction for party pets doesn't work despite being enabled. What could I be doing wrong?

is their a way to show enemy buffs on the target frame whenever i target a alliance player i cant see their buffs on the target frame yet if i target a ally player i see alll their buffs ?

Hi there.

I still have the old version, but i am looking to upgrade to this. However, if you use the mouseover macros in version 1, /lunamo spellname you dont get the cooldown of that spell on your hotbar. Do you have this working in the new version?

/Calth

Ok, i deleted WTF and got newest version of Luna. If i target myself, the target of target frame is flickering between players i mouseover.

/Calth

I have been unable to figure out how to export/import my Luna settings. I'm sure it's explained somewhere, but I cannot find it. Interestingly, there's a "Copy Settings for new Profile from *" menu item but I'm unable to figure out it's supposed to work.

I am using V.2225.

Thanks, in advance

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to disable the changing of player color based on how much health they have left. I've done it before but I had to re-install and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I posted same issue on github page, but I'll try here as well. It would be fantastic if there was a way to avoid clique sending commands on player, target, ToT and party members frames, so that I can bind my right button to a spell and it will cast only when I am clicking on the raid frames. 

is it possible to use the in build click casting in luna to downrank spell or it will always cast the highest? i can't find the command to make it work

help appreciated