Sign in to follow this  
polmohr

Warlock set tiers

Heey!

So i'm new to warlocks, and have been reading treads about speccing and gearing up.
But it seems like every gear guide excludes all the tiers in their equipped sets, blue and greens come first apparently.

So i just wanna know.. Are warlock tiers complete and utter useless, in vanilla?
I've checked the stats for most of the gear, and the T2 set has some great stats + set bonuses. Are these bonuses taken into consideration when using dps calculation programs, such as https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13DCuP9Yhia2QBHWsuFlFk7XQ6mpIFE8E6zS9n7VQJLU/edit#gid=118447046

3-piece T2 is taken at most for PVE using shoulders, belt, and either head/gloves/bracer, which ever you don't got hit in that slot for.

The set bonus is decent, but isn't as good as getting your + hit items and max SP, but is a good hold over until you get it.

T2 other items can be good for world solo / PvP.

Allright thanks.

I just find it a bit strange, that greens have alot highers scores then the epic ones. I know it's mostly for the +SP, but with the lack of mana and stamina, you're doomed to get one or two shotted by boss mechanics, because you'd have to use Life Tap all the time, wich will drop you pretty low on health percentage. 

Allright thanks.

I just find it a bit strange, that greens have alot highers scores then the epic ones. I know it's mostly for the +SP, but with the lack of mana and stamina, you're doomed to get one or two shotted by boss mechanics, because you'd have to use Life Tap all the time, wich will drop you pretty low on health percentage. 

Don't lifetap down to 5% hp?

You're still bound to die if you're covering yourself in those shitty +SP greens. You need health, resist, and even some degree of intellect.

You're still bound to die if you're covering yourself in those shitty +SP greens. You need health, resist, and even some degree of intellect.

You won't die on any fight if you have a clue about the mechanics. maybe mandokir if he charges/whirlwind combos you.

Don't lifetap down to 5% hp?

Of course.. but it's a big difference if you have 3k hp abd use two life taps to go down to 2.1k.

And if you have max 2k hp, and you use to life taps to wind down on 1.4k

You won't die on any fight if you have a clue about the mechanics. maybe mandokir if he charges/whirlwind combos you.

Fun fact: If you have a clue about mechanics, you dont get charged on mandokir as warlock.

But honestly, rng can always kill you if you have less than 2k hp. A preraid bis clothie should be at around 2.3k, which can be right on the edge depending on your own playstyle and the progression state of your guild.

Edited by Aslan

The shoulders, waist, and helm are fine if you don't have the upgrades for them yet. But you should never really be wearing any other pieces. The bracers are worse than t1, the pants, boots, and chest are all worse than the easily crafted bloodvine set, and the gloves are worse than pre-raid felcloth gloves. It's a very pretty, but overall poorly itemized set. It's a bit better for PvP, but even then it's not great. 

All warlock sets are garbage until t2.5, t2 is only decent for pvp if you don't happen to have access to r13, but complete garbage and useless for pve.