Sign in to follow this  
Justified

Any overall best specc?

Hey everyone,

I definately gonna play a dwarf paladin the second Elysium opens up. The thing i´d love to know is, if there is any hybrid specc thats good enough to still heal trough progress raids and dungeons, while not gimping your pvp/solo possibilites. Some sort of Ret/Holy or Prot/Holy specc? Biggest theoretical thought i had was a 20 31 0 specc? Viable at all or should i just go for the 32 19 specc or so as soon as i have endlevel?

Kind regards

if u wanna heal in serious progression raids i think u need to have atleast 5/5 holy power, but im not an expert on holy

Across the board, all classes need to respec. No guild will allow you in a sub par spec in progression raids and no serious guild will allow that in any raid. That being said, your go to holy spec will not be the most efficient one for pvp nor the best for farming. Thats just not how vanilla works, you need to set priorities and every time you change them you pay a ton of gold.

Of course you can come up with a spec that might be better for pvp than your raid spec, but still not as good as a pure pvp spec while you are in a casual guild that farms current content, but that includes a lot of 'if'... I mean... imagine your whole guild has that kind of a mix spec and your guild keeps slackwiping. The raidleader wont be pleased.

35/11/5, standard holy paladin spec is good enough for farming outside instances, just wear tier gear you collect from raids and some shield or good 2hander. You have Consecration, Holy Shock, Divine Favor, uninteruptable heals, better mana pull, decent +hit, Ilumination, spell crit bonuses which is all nice, and if you farm in Plaguelands you can use even more tricks from your arsenal against undead mobs, namely Exorcism and Turn Undead.