meddlingmage

Questions on Tailoring

I'm going to be rolling on the servers here soon, and will be the first to admit I'm at a complete loss of knowledge when it comes to professions. I am planning on utilizing the tailoring profession, along with first aid (these compete though don't they)? I will be an undead warlock.

So my first question, if FA and tailoring compete should I focus on one more so than the other? For instance, FA seems nice in terms of limiting my downtime for obvious reasons (I can make my own "health potions") but I also don't want to fall behind in terms of tailoring. 

Second question, does tailoring make any money? If so, how and when does it generate income? For instance when I think of tailoring (again, very limited knowledge on the topic) I automatically think of bags that sell on the AH. Is this realistic? When would I be able to start making viable bags? What about bags I can actually use for myself while leveling? 

Third question, along with tailoring would it be smart to get a gathering (skinning) profession? I don't see myself as an enchanter and honestly have no desire for it.

Fourth (sorry) question. Any go to guides people use?

Thank you so much in advance.

Level both. All raiders should have max first aid.

You will want 300 tailoring so you can get 2% spell crit bonus on bloodlive set.

You get a cool down to tailoring with which you can make a couple gold a day.

I'm going to be rolling on the servers here soon, and will be the first to admit I'm at a complete loss of knowledge when it comes to professions. I am planning on utilizing the tailoring profession, along with first aid (these compete though don't they)? I will be an undead warlock.

So my first question, if FA and tailoring compete (This is a non Issue. There are a lot of great ways to get cloth. Find good spots to grind for just a couple hours for the cloth type you need for both first aid and Tailoring. Another thing you can do here is to get yourself in a good friendly guild right away. Help people out with bags and such. Tell them you need cloth to level your professions and in return you'll craft them bags. This will really help you and your guildmates out.) should I focus on one more so than the other? (nope you should have no problem leveling both if you grind some good spots for cloth and ask in guild as I mentioned above) For instance, FA seems nice in terms of limiting my downtime for obvious reasons (I can make my own "health potions") but I also don't want to fall behind in terms of tailoring. 

Second question, does tailoring make any money? (bags are you best way to make money here.. people will need them straight away so get your guild to help with cloth and go bag crazy!!! HOWEVER.. Rolling the fresh server you would be better off. On the already established NoS servers you won't make as much on bags as you could on a new server. )

If so, how and when does it generate income? For instance when I think of tailoring (again, very limited knowledge on the topic) I automatically think of bags that sell on the AH. Is this realistic? When would I be able to start making viable bags? On the fresh server this will be much easier  What about bags I can actually use for myself while leveling? 

Third question, along with tailoring would it be smart to get a gathering (skinning) profession? Skinning is certainly easy. (Lots of beasties to skin while you level but I would think you'd make more money on Mining. Ore is useful in Engineering and Blacksmithing. So ore is a good resource to have.)

I don't see myself as an enchanter and honestly have no desire for it.

Fourth (sorry) question. Any go to guides people use? (There are so many. Google "Level tailoring 1-300 in vanilla". That will get you something useful.)

Thank you so much in advance.

good luck

~ Faith ~

I level First Aid first because it uses far less cloth, unless you need to make bags off the tailoring, in which you'd want to skill it up first. But focus one first either way, because once it gets up to the next tier, the other one can take all the cloth from the current tier. Since you're doubling up on cloth use, you'll have to farm a whole lot more, or buy it. Just farm mobs that drop cloth.

Fyi First Aid only needs 225 to use the highest bandage, which means only 1 of your characters needs to get to max skill. He can then make the top end bandages for anyone else, who can stop at 225. Skilling others past 225 is a waste.