Sign in to follow this  
ZaWarudo

Is Slice and Dice any useful for Leveling ?

I never used slice and dice while leveling , i found it to be a waste of combo point because we can kill the mob quicker with an eviscerate.

What do you think about this spell ? do you use it ? is it even worth buying if you don't raid ?

I usually do a one or two point snd at the start, and then eviscerate for the remaining points if the mob is close to dead. This is as combat (lvl 35). Would probably not use it if i was leveling bs/daggers.

Slice and Dice is far better DPS than Eviscerate, however, Slice and Dice is a buff, so, fortunately, you can simply use Slice and Dice and Eviscerate.

Is it worth using even if you don't raid? Yes. If you don't use Slice and Dice, you're a bad rogue. Keep it up 100% of the time. Only Eviscerate if you have 5 combo points and Slice and Dice up.

While leveling I personally don't recommend SnD unless you're like full HP (Meaning you won't have to eat/waste time healing by whatever means) and the combo points would go to waste. More often than not you just SS and Eviscerate to finish it off. 

Even if you don't raid is it worth it? Depends. For instances it's still going to be your bread and butter though you really don't use it in pvp. Most cases you'd SnD in PvP you'd be better off rupturing them as it bypasses armor.

+1 what Twilight said , snd is most useful with swords since they have a longer autoattack.Take in to account if u are fighting high armor melee mobs or casters/weak armor mobs.With higher armor mobs u could use 1-2 points snd but the weaker ones its better to just finish them with a evis.

ALWAYS KEEP SLICE AND DICE UP, PLEASE THANK YOU.

When I raided bwl, almost 60% of my damage came from white damage. The rest was like less then 15% each.. SS/Evis/Poisons.

I see no reason not to buff your white damage, which is by far your 'largest' source of damage. What are you going to do? Make eviscerate hit for a 'fraction' more? Or have 20%+ attack speed on your white damage while dual wielding?

Edited by Kelden

It's always good to have SnD up, just make sure you're actually hitting mobs for the full duration of the SnD. It becomes much easier to use when you have some points in the Improved Slice and Dice talent as it will last a lot longer. Build up points on one mob, right before it dies instead of doing evis pop SnD and use it to keep going on the next mob which you can then use evis on.

If you're having trouble tanking 2~ mobs on make sure you're actually using gear with stam on it and not just pure agi/str and make sure to use evasion.

Yes you keep SnD up. It's a 20/30% attack speed increase which is huge, and it's almost free. Add to that your poison dmg (if you use instant poison at all) + white dmg ofc, and on my lvl 42 rogue my SS does about 110 dmg and my white crits about 180 dmg. And then there's sword spec. 

I typically keep SnD up, but will just evis on mobs that are lower lvl than me if my weapons are up to date.  Unless I'm chaining quickly, then I'll just kill with SS and keep SnD up in between.

SnD is good on it's own, though poisons, Sword Spec, and DW spec make it even more worthwhile.  Not to mention pulling multiple things and popping Blade Flurry on top of SnD.

Yes it is very useful, build 1 CP at the beginning and use it, it wil usually last the time you take to kill the mob.