grishnakah

[Request] Gatherer With Full Database

Hey, I'm currently having issues finding a version of Gatherer with a fully recorded database compatible with Vanilla 1.12. It's also not included in the A-Z Addons megathread.
Is anyone able to help me with finding this addon?

Thank you for the link, BusinessOrc.  I don't mind building a database myself from normal usage, and having this for my often needed mining runs will be very helpful.

I dont beleive anyone has a (correct) DB for the Gatherer addon as there has been no database released with the Elysium realms. Sure there are already populated gatherer databases around but they wont be correct.

Kind of hijacking the thread, but might someone know how to manually edit the Gatherer's database.  I found the file, opened it, added an entry, and saved it, but when I launch the game the map entry never appears.

Background:  Just completed Felix's quest to get a few things he left behind, and while doing this question I noticed that Gatherer only recorded 2 of the 3 collections, and the O.C.D. part of my mind just doesn't like that so I'm trying to add it in.

["felix's box"] = {
				[1] = {
					["gtype"] = 0,
					["x"] = 20.91,
					["count"] = 1,
					["icon"] = 1,
					["y"] = 76.06,
				},
			},
			["felix's chest"] = {
				[1] = {
					["gtype"] = 0,
					["x"] = 22.78,
					["count"] = 1,
					["icon"] = 2,
					["y"] = 79.93000000000001,
				},
			},
			["felix's bucket of bolts"] = {
				[1] = {
					["gtype"] = 0,
					["x"] = 26.33,
					["count"] = 1,
					["icon"] = 5,
					["y"] = 79.27,
				},
			},

It is "felix's bucket of bolts" that I'm trying to add (with the water barrel icon).  Might someone know what I'm doing wrong?  I really wish Gatherer had a option to manually create entries while in-game....

Hi All,

I spent some time tonight converting the Shagudb database into gatherer (herbs and mines only).
So far is seems to have worked OK, and they all show up on Elysium 1.12.1, you can download the Gatherer.lua file below;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApSXOuizoWyThf8Kn6REPjfiDZCdTw

Backup (!IMPORTANT!) your Gatherer.lua from the folder ..\WTF\Account\#username#\SavedVariables, and the overwrite it withe the downloaded file. This version has nothing other that herbs and mines (ATM), so anything you found previously will be gone unless you back it up!

I have a few other things to do (like biasing the rare to common ore spawns), adding other world items (chests etc), but for now I would be interested to see if anyone who tries can see if what's there is accurate / worthwhile.

Please note P2P is turned off in this file as it's still experimental and if wrong would copy duff info to other guild members db's.

Feedback appreciated!

Bozzy 

3 часа назад, jbozward сказал:

Hi All,

I spent some time tonight converting the Shagudb database into gatherer (herbs and mines only).
So far is seems to have worked OK, and they all show up on Elysium 1.12.1, you can download the Gatherer.lua file below;

Backup (!IMPORTANT!) your Gatherer.lua from the folder ..\WTF\Account\#username#\SavedVariables, and the overwrite it withe the downloaded file. This version has nothing other that herbs and mines (ATM), so anything you found previously will be gone unless you back it up!

I have a few other things to do (like biasing the rare to common ore spawns), adding other world items (chests etc), but for now I would be interested to see if anyone who tries can see if what's there is accurate / worthwhile.

Please note P2P is turned off in this file as it's still experimental and if wrong would copy duff info to other guild members db's.

Feedback appreciated!

Bozzy 

thx man, will test it later tonight.

playing with this db right now, but cant fine any ore. need more testing, also need to compare with my own db...

17 часов назад, jbozward сказал:

Hi All,

Feedback appreciated!

Bozzy 

I would like to confirm, that the nodes are very accurate and do correspond to this Gatherer data.

Thank you!

On 21/05/2017 at 4:44 AM, jbozward said:

Hi All,

Feedback appreciated!

Bozzy 

Link is dead.

On 21.5.2017 at 4:44 AM, jbozward said:

Hi All,

Feedback appreciated!

Bozzy 

Sadly link is not working..

Hello all,

Genryrar and I have been working on this for a while now, tracking down various resources and methods to make the database better, however, there may be problems relating to that.

I started out by converting the ShaguDB, however this was good but had errors and duplication. Genryrar also stepped in and we were able to decompile a version of the entire vanilla world database (world_full_02032017.sql dump available on github). From that  we were able to convert all the spawn locations of herbs and mines with 100% accuracy. Genryrar then managed to polygon mask out any of the nodes that showed up as duplication (its a WoW thing where the maps overlap each other)

There have been quite a few requests for this, but until we can get the green light from the Elysium devs or GMs, we can't upload it.

Positive
 - ShaguDB had most of the data already (if not more) via a lot of duplication, but this filled in a remaining gaps and gave us the ability to trim dead node GPS points....its accuracy was out depending where the player was stood when they collected the node (from a GPS perspective rather than map coords) so you got multiple hits close to the same point.
 - Many other add-ons use data trimmed out of the SQL for other information (eg mob-info)
 - Can't see that it breaks any of the rules?

Negative
 - Could be considered not bliz-like
 - Could be considered an exploit
 - May force randonisation of nodes

.....so, until we get that green light, the accurate gatherer LUA can't be released......apologies, but it saves us being banned!

What greenlight ? Nodes coords aren't secret, I extracted mine from aowow DB's like vanillagaming, hellground, hellfire and have been doing that for ages > never got banned, even on retail you can fill your gatherer in a few seconds, check GatherMate2_Data on Curse^^

It's blizzlike to use this kind of stuff, but so far only a few people knew how to do it properly ;)

Ofcouse, but only real thing that metter - popularity of simple, ready-to-use solution for this. I'm afraid if all players start use this, it forcing admins to randomize spawn nodes... Also this can seriosly change prices in AH ;)

On 6.6.2017 at 3:22 AM, Genryrar said:

I'm afraid if all players start use this, it forcing admins to randomize spawn nodes...

I have not looked at the Elysium core closely, but in the cmangos core there are already spawn pools for resource notes. So if you farm a copper vein somewhere you might find a tin vein there next time. There is a PoolManger in the source, so a system like this might already be in effect on Elysium as well.

On the subject of duplicate notes, I have been working on an improved version of ShaguQuest for some time and the note positions are assigned to the correct zone in my DB. You can find the database file  here. The data source is cmangos/classic-db, but from what I have seen so far positions on Elysium are the same

2 hours ago, Muehe said:

in the cmangos core there are already spawn pools for resource notes

I think he meant randomly assigning the X and Y coordinates of each nodes, but it's way too much work and not blizzlike at all (having to use pathfinding checks for each nodes to be sure it doesn't end up on top of a tree or something).
If they want to fine tune the amount of minerals/herbs they want to allow players to get they must play with the respawn timer and nothing else :)