Toterman

WoD character models in 1.12

Hello forum! 

Today, I have discovered something that rekindled my passion for vanilla; WoD character quality for 1.12 vanilla client! It supposedly has some Legion druid forms too but I haven't been able to see a druid so far so I cannot tell what that's all about. Here's a quote from originating forum: 

"This includes all playable races and npcs. 
USE ONLY ONE OF THESE 2 PATCHES:

*LINKS DELETED DUE TO HD Texture patch BEING BANNABLE ON THIS SERVER. APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED* "

You basically download a file named "patch-5.mpq" which you  just have to drag over to your "Data" folder in World of Warcraft; and that's it! Simple as that! :D

Edited by Toterman

Why on earth would that be bannable? It's something only you can see and something that doesn't affect absolutely nothing and no one but your very own eyes. o_0

Oh look, this thread again..

Imagine you change models... of herbs and mining nodes. After changing models you can clearly see them from max distance, w/out any tracking needed.

Such unfair advantage is bannable. 

Do people search on forum before posting? like.. ever?

1 hour ago, EffToyz said:

Oh look, this thread again..

Imagine you change models... of herbs and mining nodes. After changing models you can clearly see them from max distance, w/out any tracking needed.

Do people search on forum before posting? like.. ever?

To be fair, I don't even know where the search function is since they changed the layout. I doubt any newcomers do.

Yes this is bannable most likely because your playing with the game engine... no different than what a hacker does to fly hack. Would NOT advise using these, while innocent it can be detected negatively.

Well that's just.... dissapointing. I just wanted to share this awesome feature with fellow vanilla WoWers via forums but since it's not allowed, I would like to ask mods to delete this thread to prevent future downloads. :/ Thank you!

"awesome feature"

you mean garbage.

Also, you can edit your first post and delete the links.

Edited by Nelythia

1 hour ago, Nelythia said:

"awesome feature"

you mean garbage.

What is it with you people and all that hate towards HD pack? Why would someone prefer 3-pixels-face over a HD, detailed face?

On 1/26/2017 at 3:29 AM, EffToyz said:

With that kind of logic, I guess Questie is also bannable since it gives an "unfair advantage" over players without that addon. 

Just came here to let you know that most people on this server absolutely hate the concept of you visualizing something different and better looking than them, so they deem it as "garbage". Don't even bother, there's a lot of retarded self entitled pricks around here.

Furthermore, the Elysium staff could white-list this patch, specifically, in the Warden. By doing this, they would allow the usage of this patch only, without any further tinkering of other textures that could cause the unfair advantages the retarded forum goers fear. Of course that the retarded will deny all this, otherwise they would admit to being wrong, which would be logical, which is to say, contradictory to their very nature. Their very retarded nature.

Make sure you don't use those addons that weren't done during vanilla, especially those backported ones. After all, they weren't in vanilla, were they? :)

Question:  I can understand wanting to clamp down on anything that might modify gameplay itself, hence why installing your own patch.MPQ's wouldn't be good (they can contain a lot more then just texture data).  Is there any issue with installing a texture pack, however?

As in dropping textures into a person's "World of Warcraft/Interface/Icons" or "World of Warcraft/Interface/ChatFrame" folders for whatever reason (wanting to use a different texture, maybe something of higher contrast to help those with vision issues, etc).  Doing it via this method ensures that it is texture data only, and in my mind at least, isn't any different that using an addon to the same effect.

Edit:  Please correct me if I am wrong.  By using this method a person could, if they really wanted to, use a higher resolution texture, but the frame that the texture was being hung on wouldn't be altered.  Since the newest retail textures are often designed for a different (higher polygon) frame, just updating the textures may not always work or look very weird.  A person would be recommended to stick with icon or UI changes.

Edited by Gorstavich

14 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

You can't compare addons with wod models.

Get out.

Oh no! Logic! Your worst enemy D:

Seriously though, it's an improvement of quality, like what many addons do. You just can't grasp the concept. 

2 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

Vanilla API for addons is limited.

Your WOD models are changing gamefiles.

Play retail if you want them so badly.

It changes very specific, and with zero gameplay impact, gamefiles. I won't bother to discuss this further with you though, I have already stated the facts. All you can do is tell me to go play retail. Quite sad, really. Good luck in life, you'll need it.

Edited by Tholren

Just now, Nelythia said:

Good luck on retail! (^u^)

Uuuh, what a smart and edgy reply. Yeah, you definitely won with that one :)

honestly some of my guildmates are using improved models since darrowshire came up and they have never been banned. maybe Gm already whitelisted the improved models (they are playing since darrowhshire release) and i believe if it was something bannable they would have already been banned.

Btw i keep using old models because i like the vanila style eheh =)

I love new models but they will be semi-bugged probably. I played already on some servers with them and some races missing voice or hairstyles etc.