Sign in to follow this  
gotmilk0112

Healing Stream scales with +heal

Why does nobody point this out? For the longest time I thought Healing Stream was fucking useless, but now I find out that it scales with +heal gear.

With +317 bonus heal, rank 5 Healing Stream Totem is ticking for 62 healing every 2 seconds. So for just 60 mana, I'm doing ~1800 healing on 5 people, over 60 seconds.

Is this a bug, or intended? I've never seen a Resto shaman guide mention +heal scaling on healing stream totem.

be sentry totem

get dropped at the tunnel/roof intersection while your master is trying to keep eyes on a resto bear druid

fulfill your once per month use quota

On 2017-02-03 at 3:00 PM, gotmilk0112 said:

Yeah, may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone is in full T2 like you apparently are

Full T2 is shit.

This totem should has penaltys from bonus heal like other dots (1 / n, where n = count of ticks) and like AOE-spell. Magma-totem should has similar penaltys from SPD.

Edited by Yxo

Healing Stream has a custom coefficient. It heals for 6% of +healing every tick (for 180% total over 60 seconds). If you're a full resto shaman, it should be 8.25% instead (+25% from 5/5 Restorative Totems and +10% from Purification). It's not the only totem like that. Searing Totem does 8% of a Shaman's spell damage on every hit. With 3/3 Call of Flame, it should be 9.2%. Both totems tick every two seconds.

I believe Magma Totem and Fire Nova totem should both have normal spell damage coefficients though.

Edited by Aethelwulf

On 1/31/2017 at 3:52 PM, gotmilk0112 said:

Sentry Totem also exists.

/shrug

I think I remember a short lived bug on live where Sentry totem could be dropped while you were falling or jumping off of a cliff to prevent fall damage. Is that the case here on Elysium?

On 27/04/2017 at 7:35 AM, mird99 said:

i guess it was not inteded after all.

It still scales, but now at 1-2%/tick

Hm, looking over it I'm not sure what the 1.12.1 scaling was exactly. It did scale since 1.11, and it was noted in wowwiki during the time of 2.0.1 that it scaled at 6%, but 2.0.1 already reworked spell damage and healing coefficients.

It seems that someone recalculated coefficients by hand here https://github.com/elysium-project/server/pull/447 which really doesn't answer the question if Healing Stream was a custom coefficient like Searing Totem or not.

EDIT: Someone here said it scaled at about 2.5% https://web.archive.org/web/20061116064046/http://thottbot.com/?sp=10463

Kronos has:

Healing Stream Totem - 65% - 2.16% per tick (30)

Not saying it's right or not, but it seems pretty fair for a passive drop and forget.