On 04/02/2017 at 5:30 PM, Heglamore said:

Likewise, there was at least one GMs who had contacted Chigga midway through the week and said: "There sure are a lot of reports going on about you. Is something wrong?" Not a one actually told him something was wrong when the process of what people were doing was explained to the game-master who contacted him.

PM me the name of the GM.

For the record, from anyone looking in:

Kalantal was not amongst those banned, because he did not participate in the practice and was not ranking at the time. His motivations for being involved cannot be confused for anything but having pure intentions and wanting to keep there from being future problems several generations from now.

10 hours ago, kalantal said:

Yes let's continue ignoring the root of the issue.

The rules & regulations are not "shifting under your feet" and I'm not ignoring anything. You have to be quite myopic in your rules lawyering if you think otherwise. I understand that on some other servers the staff didn't care if players were scouting and dodging, in essence destroying the PvP scene, but that does not make it right here. We've had that rule about organized farming for honour in our terms of use since Day 1. I do not understand how come you and Heglamore are so distraught over it and convinced that somehow we're now banning people just for fun or something.

Premades in WSG and AB are fine. Premading in itself will not get you in trouble. If you join a premade and the leader says to do something that you suspect is against our rules, then you have to drop out of the premade and preferably inform us. While I'm posting less on the forum now that the CM team is up & running, I do check my PMs daily. Breaking the rules for a day or two, then stopping does not absolve you of previous guilt. We ban gold buyers regardless of how long ago it was that they bought gold.

We are also looking at a more permanent solution to this problem.

Totally understand Pottu. I thank-you for your work in regards to this.

Not all of our opinions on the matter are (nor can they be in the circumstances) universal; it's the internet.

But that's also the essence of the discussion about the rules clauses referenced, and why we are trying to clarify, publicly, what is and isn't shady -- including the 100 gold herb that spawns in every AV we open up every 12 minutes like clockwork while in "premade". There are a large number of people who rush to it.. and /AFK out on AV week-end.

"Don't que unless you're willing to play the game." would apply here.. but the damage they do to us by doing that is enough to get them kicked out of groups, and minuscule enough that nobody (other than the autists who didn't get the herb before they did) bother reporting them over:

- Using Mindquickening Gem to Loot the herb.
- Using Hand of Edward the Odd to loot the herb. (I hear this is hilarious when in a 1 on 1 fight with a member of the enemy faction)
- Using BoP to keep people they don't like from looting the herb.
- Using Divine Intervention to keep someone from looting the herb while their friend grabs it. (Which prevents them from pushing into the frost-mage gauntlet.)

Stuff people (ab?)use, and people can't avoid having done to them when they're in the BG Raid. Not that I believe it's wrong ... for multiple reasons. One? NONE of these guys ... are participating in what the BG is actually about. Killing the horde and smashing the Frostwolf general. Nobody is entitled to an herb in a place where the loot is on FFA loot by necessity. I think some 55 grabbed an Edge Master's Handguard recently when a 60 killed a Winterblood Troll elite on the graveyard. lol.

But because it's there by design and instances are cleared every 15 minutes ... it's hard for people to tell the difference between fucking off in one battleground, and fucking off in another.

I am not a herbalist. (American edit: 'a herbalist' is correct.) But everyone knows about this stuff. The micro-wars. Who-hates-who over X-herb argument from last week; and these likewise sometimes dictate PvP politics. Everyone's seen the arguments, and discussed strategies publicly for getting 'the black lotus'.

"Why would the herb be in there if we weren't supposed to spend time to go get it?"

"If we weren't allowed to drop que, why wouldn't they just make it so we get deserter? They made it so we can't que for multiple BGs." -- The obvious solution in my eyes is making it so that once the que pops? Abandoning it causes deserter. That way people who accidentally que into AV on AB week-end when looking for "The Alliance Brigadier General" don't end up deserter when they end up in an AV que that will not pop until AB week is over.

Sure, punish the people who did it -- but if it's viewed as an exploit.. leaving the loop-hole unscripted feels like bad policy in my eyes and history -- as always -- repeats itself. By your post (@Pottu) ... This does not the first time someone has used this "strategy" and the staff seem well-versed in it. It also prevents people from even being able to say that 'enforcement is selective' as has been insinuated multiple times in this thread. (I don't agree that's the case - I am virtually sure there is a (perfectly legitimate) assumption of innocence any time there is a fog-of-war or language barrier that prevents evidence from being gathered... but I am less experienced in the history of this population than some of the people who regularly beat that drum, and whom have beat that drum before this issue occurred; so my opinion is not respected by those entrenched on that matter.)

Edited by Heglamore
Spelling, Formatting & Fact-checking

7 hours ago, kalantal said:

Thanks. I keep hearing people accuse me of it and it's adorable because I haven't gotten honor in the last 3 weeks. So much salt floating around.

People frightened for their investment in Anathama (The PvPers piloted their shit right into an ice-berg) and looking for witches man; what's why I feel this discussion is so important.

Edited by Heglamore

1) No, the change was because it was a bug.

2) Yes

Of course, new evidence one way or the other can change things.

6 hours ago, Pottu said:

1) No, the change was because it was a bug.

2) Yes

Of course, new evidence one way or the other can change things.

Just so I'm clear, because I might count on this. If I don't PvP this week then I won't be subject to decay? I didn't know about this until this thread so just want to be crystal clear on it before I sit out a week.

Edited by nooobieee

29 minutes ago, nooobieee said:

Just so I'm clear, because I might count on this. If I don't PvP this week then I won't be subject to decay? I didn't know about this until this thread so just want to be crystal clear on it before I sit out a week.

After the changes last week, your RP will decay regardless of whether you PvP or not.

49 minutes ago, Lorilay said:

After the changes last week, your RP will decay regardless of whether you PvP or not.

Ahh, I read it backwards. Good to know. Thank you.

It's going to be hard to prove unless someone is streaming it stupidly like last time. It sure felt like I faced an absurd percentage of premades when I was solo queueing this weekend. GMs need to either be actively monitoring every single top rank player........ or make it so you get deserter when you cancel a queue pop.

10 hours ago, FullRetard said:

It's going to be hard to prove unless someone is streaming it stupidly like last time. It sure felt like I faced an absurd percentage of premades when I was solo queueing this weekend. GMs need to either be actively monitoring every single top rank player........ or make it so you get deserter when you cancel a queue pop.

How many GMs do you think there are on this server?

On 2/13/2017 at 9:04 PM, FullRetard said:

I hope they do this honestly. I'd really like people to have to 'take what they get'. Maybe do drop-ship style ques.. whereas every minute, it grabs all the people currently in que and tries to organize them into the best possible match-making.

Then waits a full minute, and does another match.

And if you drop que? You get deserter. Period. You're locked in for the ride.

Edited by Heglamore