Dogslayer

Taming Mazzranache

I've been trying to tame this sob perhaps 10-11 times now, and every time my tame beast spell just fades after I'm finished casting. I'm level 11, Mazzranache is level 9, I thought that surely he couldn't be resisting it over and over, and nothing in the combat log would suggest that he is? Has anyone else had any problems here before or is rng my worst enemy right now?

I've had this issue when taming pets. I've seen some suggest closing the game and deleting your cache folder before going to tame something.

I had this problem last night as soon as my hunter turned 10, I ran outside of Darnassus to tame an Elder Nightsaber lvl 9 and it just kept fading and I died a couple of times because of it.

Maybe it has something to do with level 9 mobs OR the fact that if you don't relog since you learned the tame pet skill it won't work?

Edited by Maez

32 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Try aggroing the mob first, before casting Tame Pet.

That's what I always do, and I never had any problems taming.

I pulled by using concussive shot.

Going to try the /script PetAbandon() command when I get home.

Edited by Maez

I just helped a hunter outside Org with this. You can turn of autoshot by simply clicking the button or tapping the key bound to the ability, doing so won't interrupt your channel.

Is this still an issue?  Out in Night Elf start area and at least 5x, the timer is at almost done to tame and I get a resist.  Then it's try again or die.  Lvl 11 and has been happening the past two days.  I do pull with Concussive Shot, but still more than 60% of the time it fails.