Warsome

Twinking Shaman?

Hey shaman players! 

One of my friends has suggested that i should pick up a shaman for our 3-man twinking squad. 

I do admit that the utiity and surviveabily of the shaman do appeal alot to me. However i've never really played a shaman before, and recently i asked another player how he found the shaman playstyle to be, and he didn't like it.

So my question for you guys is, how would you rate the shaman as a twink-character? I've also considered the hunter for total-domination, but what's your guys opinion? 

- Warsome

Depends on what bracket.

If you made a 39 twink, you could probably melt people as Elemental, as it has all of the necessary talents to be not-shit, at that level. 29 and below I'm not too sure. Ele doesn't become good until 39, and Windfury is not acquired until 30, so you're not left with a whole lot.

Hunter would be great as well. You can tame Lupos at 23, and he just wrecks shit with his armor-ignoring shadow attacks.

On 16/2/2017 at 5:24 PM, Seiki said:

explain what level you even want to play said shaman at

My apologies, we are doing a 29 twink-squad. But as gotmilk already stated, shamans dont get windfury until 30, so shaman is probably a weak pick for that 20-29 bracket. 

your thoughts?

On 14/2/2017 at 7:24 PM, gotmilk0112 said:

Depends on what bracket.

If you made a 39 twink, you could probably melt people as Elemental, as it has all of the necessary talents to be not-shit, at that level. 29 and below I'm not too sure. Ele doesn't become good until 39, and Windfury is not acquired until 30, so you're not left with a whole lot.

Hunter would be great as well. You can tame Lupos at 23, and he just wrecks shit with his armor-ignoring shadow attacks.

Okay, thanks for the insight. My buddies are picking up rogue and hunter themselves, and i'd like to play something else to pimp up the flavor (if you follow). My main is already a warrior so that's out of the question, which leaves Priest, warlock, mage and shaman left (playing horde). 

Your thoughts?

-Oh, and we are playing the 20-29 bracket (Y) 

Something capable of healing would surely be a good idea for a team? Druid might be nice for flag carrying and heals? Priest is pretty good also

Druid is extremely strong at 29! In catform you move 30% faster, you are very tanky in bear, you can remove all snares and slows, catform does as much dmg as a rogue does at this lvl, and with some intellect gear equiped you can even heal decently. Plus you will win every WSG without a problem since you're a twink flag carrier.

On 2/14/2017 at 6:53 AM, Warsome said:

Hey shaman players! 

One of my friends has suggested that i should pick up a shaman for our 3-man twinking squad. 

I do admit that the utiity and surviveabily of the shaman do appeal alot to me. However i've never really played a shaman before, and recently i asked another player how he found the shaman playstyle to be, and he didn't like it.

So my question for you guys is, how would you rate the shaman as a twink-character? I've also considered the hunter for total-domination, but what's your guys opinion? 

- Warsome

Shaman isn't a good class until 30, you do bad damage and you go oom using totems.  49 enhance shaman is the most broken twink concept in vanilla, for enhance and ele.  39 is good too for enhance and ele, but ele leads with heavy burst with lightning bolt.  If you play enhance at 39 you need to comprehend that you dont have stormstrike and you need to watch swing timer with POD, get a addon.  It's a 4 second swing time without flurry and hard casting a spell resets the swing timer if i recall.  You will proc WF and global someone, or do mediocre damage with no procs.  Rockbiter weapon is actually very nice too at 39, but not fun obviously.  People don't notice that though.  

Disc Priest is the best at 29. Since you dont have cheetah yet as druid till 30 afaik.

Psychic scream+shields+hots+best mana regen+fade (works with pets)+ SFK and else twink clothes