Sign in to follow this  
cargalia

does troll racial(berserk) increase "aimed shot" charge(cast time)

I can hardly tell if you are trolling or not. Everyone is telling you it works this way, yet you still ignore the facts and test it yourself using stopwatch? :D
If you weren't such ignorant I would make screens for you, but I don't really care anymore

1 hour ago, Shaze said:

yet you still ignore the facts and test it yourself using stopwatch?

1. By "the facts," you mean "your word?" Yes, I ignore your word. Your word means nothing, Mr. 13 posts and heaps of evidence against you.

2. Testing it myself seems reasonable. Far better than just saying "you're wrong" back and forth to each other. At least I can say definitively one way or the other.

3. It wasn't a stopwatch, it was a recording using Fraps with a timecode placed over the clip starting from when the GCD was triggered (when the cast starts) and when its cooldown is triggered (when the cast completes). It's not totally accurate because of the FPS and latency issues, but it's better than simply watching it and saying "I think that's faster. /nod."

1 hour ago, Shaze said:

If you weren't such ignorant I would make screens for you, but I don't really care anymore

How would a screenshot help? Here's me casting Aimed Shot. Confirmed working! Yeah, no. You need video evidence to show its cast is reduced. 

3 hours ago, Shaze said:

Few screens for Mr. Jerk here, you aren't worth making a video.

22 hours ago, Fisher said:

How would a screenshot help? Here's me casting Aimed Shot. Confirmed working! Yeah, no. You need video evidence to show its cast is reduced.

You need to show that the actual cast time is reduced with video. If your mod says it's reduced, but it isn't actually reduced, how would a screenshot help?

That said, I already conceded that Quick Shots reduces the cast time. It follows that Rapid Fire would do the same. However, the one point I was still contesting (Berserking), you didn't even bother to screenshot.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:46 PM, Fisher said:

According to this totally scientific and 100% accurate test, it is confirmed that Aimed Shot's cast speed is:

1. Not affected by Berserking.
  2. Not affected by a quiver.
  3. Affected by Quick Shots.

I'm principled enough to admit when I am wrong. This is one of those times. However, it seems Shaze was also wrong about one thing: Berserking does not affect the cast time.

its rais auto shot timer addon  take it off and try zerking aimed shot it should work (sorry don't know the fix)
edit ~ zerking only runs 10% haste constantly and doesn't work off of your health totals as it should

Edited by maggot

FYI Rapid Fire, Quick Shots and Berserking all apply the same aura: #140 Haste - Ranged 

This aura affects Aimed Shot so all these skills should reduce its cast time.

Quivers apply aura #141: Haste - Ranged (Ammo Only). This should not affect Aimed Shot.

If you can prove that those skills are not reducing it or that quivers are reducing it on Elysium, then its a bug and you can report it.

On 3/7/2017 at 9:05 AM, Guybrush said:

If you can prove that those skills are not reducing it or that quivers are reducing it on Elysium, then its a bug and you can report it.

I recorded a couple of Aimed Shots with Berserking active. Using the timecode added on top of the footage, I didn't notice a difference in cast time. However, as my findings show, the cast speed wasn't entirely accurate due to FPS and latency issues. I haven't downloaded any addons to show the cast time of Aimed Shot, though I doubt the accuracy of such an addon, anyway.

I don't really consider this to be substantial enough evidence to suggest it is bugged, as others report it is working fine. Honestly, I don't care enough to really prove one way or the other at this point. It didn't reduce the cast time for me. If others would be willing to test it on their troll hunters, I'd love to see the results of such a test.

As for quivers, my findings showed they did not reduce cast time of Aimed Shot, which is both what I expected and what I believed to be accurate to the time period. However, considering quivers do not reduce the cast time, I was suspecting neither Rapid Fire or Quick Shots would either, since the equip text is the same (not the actual aura it applies, which is not visible in-game).

Also, admittedly, I did not play a hunter in vanilla, so it's entirely possible I wasn't aware that's how it worked "back in the day."

I mean, I'm literally going ingame, popping Rapid Fire and counting the time for Aimed Shot and it's definitely 3 seconds. Was this fixed/bugged since March?