Sign in to follow this  
Hellblazer

How to choose a caster class?

Hello,

I would like to roll a Horde caster character on Elysium PvP server. The main question is : Mage or Warlock ?

In my opinion, the two classes have equal pros/cons ratio. After checked guild announces, it seems there is no lack of these two classes. So what did you have hear about lock/mage population rate on this server?

Thank you.

My guild has been looking for 3 locks since weeks, not even tanks or healers have been so hard to find.

Edited by finkbrau

1 hour ago, finkbrau said:

My guild has been looking for 3 locks since weeks, not even tanks or healers have been so hard to find.

Finding a tank for raids has never been hard.

or you could just roll hunter and actually be a decent class.

hunter > all.

edit: it depends on what you want to do at 60 .. if you want to raid in a good guild then it looks like the lock/mage ratio favors lock atm.. if u want to farm and pvp, then its very subjective whats best, prob mage but thats debatable though im sure :P

Edited by Nosleep

2 hours ago, Nosleep said:

or you could just roll hunter and actually be a decent class.

hunter > all.

edit: it depends on what you want to do at 60 .. if you want to raid in a good guild then it looks like the lock/mage ratio favors lock atm.. if u want to farm and pvp, then its very subjective whats best, prob mage but thats debatable though im sure :P

Even if T2.5 hunters are like casters, thanks to insane arcane shoot crits, the topic is on caster classes.

However, you're right. Mage gameplay looks fun for pvp, provided good stuff but locks are nightmares for more classes and don't need so much stuff to assure survivability. In the PvE way, both cycles are boring (lock = SB, SB, SB, SB... , mage = FB, FB, FB,... eventually trinkets/pom/ap), but I really like high crits on BWL elemnt-weaked mobs.

Now, I am rolling orc lock ( +25% stun-Resist chance and +5% familiar dmg, regarding for Silithus-set (+5% added), it should be great for demono-pvp ). I saw guild announces on World Channel, it seems not casters are needed in PvE. Well, we'll see then...

Thank you all for answering me, and wish you all have a good time on this server. :)