Sign in to follow this  
Beetroot

Thrash Blade or Krol Blade

Hey, it might be a silly question but I'm not sure just how well Thrash Blade performs, so is it better to buy Krol Blade or use Thrash blade as combat rogue?

Yeah ok, the proc is dissapointing. 

2901 autoattack swings, 725 sinister strikes, 126 riposte and only 76 thrash blade procs.

Thrash proc.png

Edited by Beetroot

Beetroot, what addon are you using to track the information, do you have a link for its download? Thanks for the info!!

6 hours ago, Hearst said:

Beetroot, what addon are you using to track the information, do you have a link for its download? Thanks for the info!!

That would be dpsmate! 

On 4/5/2017 at 2:23 AM, Beetroot said:

Yeah ok, the proc is dissapointing. 

2901 autoattack swings, 725 sinister strikes, 126 riposte and only 76 thrash blade procs.

Can the proc rate really be this low? I remember it being much closer to 5% than 2%, which created some nice situations with Sword Specialization. This is crushingly disappointing indeed, and if correct then there is absolutely no question whatsoever that Krol Blade is better, and by far (not that there is much of a question anyway).

The best I could find was a 1.2 PPM, so the % should be: 5% (2.7*1.2/60=.05=5%) Thrash Blade

Source for Math

It is possible that the proc rate is off for the item. I have a thrash blade, I will have to do some testing to see what numbers I end up with

EDIT:

So I ran some tests, and it looks like the sword proc is off. I have 5/5 Sword spec which has a 5% or 1.2PPM mechanic and it is also showing 2% rather than 5% I am going to guess that this is a bug.

the 2.2% on sword spec is percent of total damage, not chance to proc...

to get proc % sum the amount of hits/misses/dodges etc and divide by total amount of hits that can proc it...

38 minutes ago, Knife said:

the 2.2% on sword spec is percent of total damage, not chance to proc...

to get proc % sum the amount of hits/misses/dodges etc and divide by total amount of hits that can proc it...

^This.