Sign in to follow this  
Barcs

What happened to the Nost character data?

I was away for a bit, and just came back and all of my nost toons are gone.  Did something go wrong with the server?  Anybody familiar with the history on what happened?

During relaunch and when Nost was working behind the scene with Elysium there as a Character Transfer process using a Token system.

Nost pulled out of the partnership towards the end of 2016, and soon after the Token system was no longer supported on their end.    Those whom did not transfer their toons during this time have their old account/characters forever stuck on the Nost database, to never be retrieved for the unforeseeable future.

There was approximately a 2.5-3 week window where transfers were possible.

25 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

During relaunch and when Nost was working behind the scene with Elysium there as a Character Transfer process using a Token system.

Nost pulled out of the partnership towards the end of 2016, and soon after the Token system was no longer supported on their end.    Those whom did not transfer their toons during this time have their old account/characters forever stuck on the Nost database, to never be retrieved for the unforeseeable future.

There was approximately a 2.5-3 week window where transfers were possible.

That's interesting.  I did transfer them originally, when the realm was first opened up.  I did the whole token and transfer back then. Was there a time when we had to do that again?

No there was not.  Perhaps you used a different account name.   Logon to the control panel with any other accounts you may have created during this process to view if any toons are on said account here:

https://elysium-project.org/control

PS: Once you get yourself situated, if your previous guild isn't still kicking, and you are a NA time, hit me up.

It gives me the following message under "Your characters:"

"Your Nostalrius transfer was successful!
However, it seems the account you just transferred has no characters on it!"

I did try using the token again but it didn't work. I know the toons were transferred before.  I logged on to them and played them a bit on Elysium.  I suppose I should post something in the help section.

Continue to check for any other account names.   Many people including myself have different account names now due to issues they may have experienced attempting a transfer with their first created account.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:14 PM, Barcs said:

It gives me the following message under "Your characters:"

"Your Nostalrius transfer was successful!
However, it seems the account you just transferred has no characters on it!"

I did try using the token again but it didn't work. I know the toons were transferred before.  I logged on to them and played them a bit on Elysium.  I suppose I should post something in the help section.

Yeah, I get that message on the control panel as well and it doesn't list any characters; try actually logging into the game with that account and check if the characters exist.

Silly question, but are you checking the "correct server"?. If you were on Nost-PvP you'll have to check Anathema, if you were on Nost-PvE you'll have to check Elysium.

On 2017-04-16 at 4:31 AM, Barcs said:

I was away for a bit, and just came back and all of my nost toons are gone.  Did something go wrong with the server?  Anybody familiar with the history on what happened?

Did you transfer them here?

I first thought they was gone to but when I logged into Anathema they are there even though it doesn't show on the log-in page. So if you did transfer them here at any point, they should be here. Nost PvP -> Anathema, Nost PvE -> Darrowshire, log in to the realm and look.