Lifealert

Ahn'Qiraj Hype Thread

Eleven years ago players from around the world got to experience a truly remarkable event that will be remembered forever in the history of MMOs. It was then that the Scepter of the Shifting Sands was forged anew by dedicated players who had no idea what awaited them inside the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

Tomorrow the scepter holders, accompanied by several thousand players, will bang the gong and open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj just as it was done eleven years ago.

Good luck with your raids tomorrow! Enjoy every second of a unique event that may never occur again with such magnitude. In this thread please share any screenshots, videos, or memories of the AQ launch.

(I know this is a trailer for Kronos, but it is a must for this thread)

WoWScrnShot_021206_185643.jpg

ahnqiraj.jpg

E76GLVC.jpg

Realistically I did not think it would take me ~5 years to see AQ40 when I first started playing emus. Hope it lives up to the memory.

I hope the event doesn't start as soon as server maintenance done. Are they going to start the event EU primetime ? 

We all been waiting a long time for this. 

7-8pm server time would be awesome ty 

Where do you get the information from that the opening event is happening then?

I would hope the event would start in the evening, so more people can witness it.
Most players would still be at work during the day.

1 hour ago, MelkMelk said:

Where do you get the information from that the opening event is happening then?

I would hope the event would start in the evening, so more people can witness it.
Most players would still be at work during the day.

This is the answer they gave about it after making poll where 300 ppl voted and after changing what they already had decided about it, in the middle/end of what's supposed to be a "race" :

"A final decision has been made.

In an effort to be as fair as possible to guilds in various time zones, the window for obtaining the mount will be extended from 10 hours to 16 and the cap on the number of mounts has been removed, meaning we'll likely see 2-3 more mounts than originally announced.

The event itself will not be delayed and the gates will open as soon as the first player to complete the chain rings the gong. We'd encourage any players wishing to experience the opening of the gates to try to be available during Wednesday afternoon, server time. We'll mention it again in tomorrow's announcement.

Thank you."

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/45197-community-poll-in-consideration-of-the-ahnqiraj-opening-event-redux/?page=2

Basically the start of the scepter chain was favored to one time zone. This same timezone is favored again in the end.

28 minutes ago, Slicy said:

This is the answer they gave about it after making poll where 300 ppl voted and after changing what they already had decided about it, in the middle/end of what's supposed to be a "race" :

"A final decision has been made.

In an effort to be as fair as possible to guilds in various time zones, the window for obtaining the mount will be extended from 10 hours to 16 and the cap on the number of mounts has been removed, meaning we'll likely see 2-3 more mounts than originally announced.

The event itself will not be delayed and the gates will open as soon as the first player to complete the chain rings the gong. We'd encourage any players wishing to experience the opening of the gates to try to be available during Wednesday afternoon, server time. We'll mention it again in tomorrow's announcement.

Thank you."

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/45197-community-poll-in-consideration-of-the-ahnqiraj-opening-event-redux/?page=2

Basically the start of the scepter chain was favored to one time zone. This same timezone is favored again in the end.

What a shame. really would have liked to see the event. Middle of the night would even have been good, but not during work hours. :/

The event start depends entirely on the players/guilds. It'll begin when the first player rings the gong. When exactly it happens, we don't know.

2 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

16 hour war is going to be nuts.

Time to slay some bugs baby

Just now, Ickus said:

Time to slay some bugs baby

Like we haven't been slaying bugs for the past 120 hours already!

What's crazy are the big black dogs and the HUGE bug bosses.

Truth. I can't wait for this even. Even on a dead ED it was fun and with a server larger than retail... can't wait

23.jpg

And yes, the boat really did go to Stonetalon:
23a.jpg
Also i would like to see it also if one of you kind warlock players would summon me there

17 hours ago, Pottu said:

The event start depends entirely on the players/guilds. It'll begin when the first player rings the gong. When exactly it happens, we don't know.

Not entirely, it depends on when the raids reset. You could delay it a bit until prime time or something, dunno. :P

But it's too late for that now, I understand. :)