Sign in to follow this  
athero

When does agility become better than strength ?

It seems that even if each 1% of crit only increases total dps for about 0.5-0.7%, agility starts outweighting str at about 400-500 dps. And that is easily reachable even when not world buffed with BWL - AQ40 gear. If ur crit capped, yellow will be ~70%, so 0.6-0.7% dps increase from 1% crit seems likely, no? And at 600-800 dps 15 agi on offhand would become better than crusader.

Am i right to assume that at AQ40 gear levels it makes sense to replace 8str leg/head enchant with 8agi, and put 15agi on offhand? Why isnt anyone doing that?

In BWL/AQ40 gear combined with Consumables, Raidbuffs and Worldbuffs you will be critcapped which means agi will be useless.

30 minutes ago, Storfan said:

In BWL/AQ40 gear combined with Consumables, Raidbuffs and Worldbuffs you will be critcapped which means agi will be useless.

When you are critcapped only ~30% of dps is white (but % might differ horde vs alliance though), meaning 70% of dps is still affected by crit, meaning its still good and could be better than str, point by point at 400-500dps

DPS gain from Agi = X*(((Agi*0.05)/100)*0.6)

Where X = Your DPS and 0.6 = How much of crit translates to total DPS (not critcapped, its closer to 1, critcapped its closer to 0.6)

DPS gain from Str = (Str*2)/14 

So dps gain from Agi > Dps gain from Str is at 480 dps according to above

On 2017-5-8 at 5:43 AM, Storfan said:

Mind giving me a quick run down on this. In my head critt would be valuable tell 100%. And with world buffs and bwl gear you would only be around 50%. So why would the next 50% be worth less?

A certain amount of hits will always be dodges for all attacks.

A certain amount of white hits will always be glancing blows, dodges, misses.

If crit no longer helps your white hits but only yellows, only a portion of your damage is benefiting from it.  Compared to STR/AP where both your white hits and yellow hits would continue to increase.

1 hour ago, dirtnasti said:

Mind giving me a quick run down on this. In my head critt would be valuable tell 100%. And with world buffs and bwl gear you would only be around 50%. So why would the next 50% be worth less?

It's not worthless, but it gets less valuable once you reach the soft crit cap. The soft crit cap means that all your white swings that hit and are not glancing blows will be critical hits and thus your white hits don't benefit anymore from higher crit chance. It still affects your yellow attacks though.

3 hours ago, dirtnasti said:

Because certain outcomes of the hit-table cannot be pushed off the hit-table with other outcomes. Getting 100% crit would be impossible because boss still have a set chance to dodge your attacks regardless of your 100% crit and you cant go past 100% of all possible outcomes. Worth noting is also that Glancing will always count for 40% of your white hits, although the glancing penalty can be reduced to 0% with weapon skill, it still cant be pushed off the table and a glancing can never crit but simply becomes a "regular" white hit without the penalty.

I dont have the hit-table fresh in my head but you can probably find it by googling "Hiddehs fury guide" as he goes into great detail about this.

Your offhand will always glance, windfury will glance, ironfoe and hoj procs will glance and you won't necessarily have 100% HS uptime either. Which means that crit capping is an issue due to the attack table priority of glancing blows, dodges, parries, misses.

In naxx gear with world buffs, 20 agi is only equivalent to roughly 15 str assuming that the extra crit wont put you over the cap.