oriono

Fury PvE Endgame Rotation

hi all,

i'm a horde fury warrior in full raid pre-bis (including edgemaster's), and while doing some bosses in MC in a raid yesterday, I noticed that for some fights I pulled 50-100dps less than the other furies, even though I had full consumables. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong in this case, and i would like if someone could give me some pointers to have a proper rotation (that maybe i'm not taking into account). my rotation is as follows:

1. always use WW and Bloodthrist on CD 

2. use heroic strike at 70+ rage to dump it

3. switch to overpower when I have 35 rage or less for a crit to proc flurry

4. use recklesness/death wish close to the execute phase

i'm not sure on what i could do to improve this rotation, I heard from a friend that you could use hamstring in order to proc WF/Flurry, is this viable? (and when should I particularly use it). as well, i've been having some problems with threat when doing some bosses, what would be a good way to avoid this? (i use whirlwind and bloodthirst at the beginning of boss fights and i have to watch my threat for the rest of the encounter since i pulled too much aggro)

thanks for the help!

edit: a last question, is it ok to use gear that gives me 8% hit while using edgemaster's? (with swords) or should i still hit the 9% hit cap even with edgemaster's. kinda iffy on my knowledge of weapon skills. 

How are the other warriors gear? What weapons do they use? What weapons do you use? Do you use the EXACT same consumables as the others? grenades, JuJu flurry? Battle chicken? Greater rage potion? Do you have a realmplayers or legacylog to post?

We would need a lot more information to determine what the difference is between you and your warrior comrades.

Some fights ? You know theres fuck ton of RNG involved, especially on short fights. Sometimes you get double crusader at start and everthing crits, sometimes you dont get crusader and boss dodges 2 executes. Short boss thats HUGE dps difference, and there is nothing you can do.

If you are low on average with equal gear then you should ask your guildies what are they doing and try to do the same.

To avoid doing too much threat do less damage. Pretty simple.

You should have much more hit than 8% ideally. Unless you are 2H. But then why would you use edgemasters ?

I'd use Overpower even with way more rage when BT/WW are on cooldown.

On average, OP does more dmg for me than WW (according to legacy logs), which means I should be okay with "paying" at least as much rage for it than WW, even when ignoring flurry procs. I'd say whenever you have <60 rage (possibly even more), go for OP when BT/WW are on cd.

19 hours ago, Aderlass said:

I'd use Overpower even with way more rage when BT/WW are on cooldown.

On average, OP does more dmg for me than WW (according to legacy logs), which means I should be okay with "paying" at least as much rage for it than WW, even when ignoring flurry procs. I'd say whenever you have <60 rage (possibly even more), go for OP when BT/WW are on cd.

Nice way to completely obliterate your heroic strike uptime and as a consequence gain way more glancings than you otherwise would.

27 minutes ago, Adeline said:

Nice way to completely obliterate your heroic strike uptime and as a consequence gain way more glancings than you otherwise would.

Horde cant spam HS as much though due to being threatcapped in some fights. This depends on the tank though I guess, his skill and weapons of choice.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎29 at 8:33 AM, Storfan said:

Horde cant spam HS as much though due to being threatcapped in some fights. This depends on the tank though I guess, his skill and weapons of choice.

Cleave is a lower threat albeit worse option, but I would assume almost anything is better than OP even for horde. Myself and all of the other good ranked furys I know on ally (on Anathema) don't even spec into imp. overpower and I  rarely use it in raids, usually mostly if I've lost world buffs.

Besides, in AQ you are rarely limited by threat and in BWL horde are also clear to nuke fully on at least the black drakes regardless of how bad your tanks are. Promoting heavy use of overpower is because of that reason promoting bad gameplay and I doubt that all of the people reading this will make the differentation.

Despite threat being a non-issue on Ebonroc/Flamegor, horde melees are still slacking behind allys in rankings with their windfury. Maybe they're all stance dancing away their rage? ;)

On 5/29/2017 at 10:05 AM, Adeline said:

Cleave is a lower threat albeit worse option, but I would assume almost anything is better than OP even for horde. Myself and all of the other good ranked furys I know on ally (on Anathema) don't even spec into imp. overpower and I very rarely use it in raids, usually only if I've lost world buffs.

Besides, in AQ you are rarely limited by threat and in BWL horde are also clear to nuke fully on at least the black drakes regardless of how bad your tanks are. Promoting heavy use of overpower is because of that reason promoting bad gameplay and I doubt that all of the people reading this will make the differentation.

Despite threat being a non-issue on Ebonroc/Flamegor, horde melees are still slacking behind allys in rankings with their windfury. Maybe they're all stance dancing away their rage? ;)

Threat.

BT>OP>WW>HS (don't use HS/Cleave on threat-based boss encounters!)

On 29.5.2017 at 8:06 AM, Adeline said:

Meh, it's a trade. Yes, you will have less rage to heroic strike. But OP damage is great and you are almost guaranteed to keep your flurry up. I don't think it's as black/white as you make it out to be. Although I admit that I rarely use OP myself when I am >40 rage tbh.

I used OP 8 times last BWL raid on bosses, I don't think that's excessive...

15 hours ago, Aderlass said:

Meh, it's a trade. Yes, you will have less rage to heroic strike. But OP damage is great and you are almost guaranteed to keep your flurry up. I don't think it's as black/white as you make it out to be. Although I admit that I rarely use OP myself when I am >40 rage tbh.

I used OP 8 times last BWL raid on bosses, I don't think that's excessive...

I agree, it is a trade, and it is situational. Fully worldbuffed and with consumables a BWL/AQ geared fury warrior till be around 42-45% crit (well above cap actually) and surely enough to sustain flurry even witohut OP. If you die, or the buffs run out you'll lose 10-15% crit and you may be forced to start using OP on every proc again to ensure flurry uptime.

Simple.

If you're BWL/AQ Geared with proper Consums + Worldbuffs you won't use OP or you'll lose DPS.

At this Point you don't specc into imp. OP anymore.

Flurry uptime isnt a Problem at this Point anymore since you get so much rage that you basically fill every GCD where BT/WW is down with Hamstrings.

you guys are dont on the way to help that guy. hes doing Mc with pre raid bis not fully worldbuffed full bis aq40. and if hes a zethkur /elysium player he has not even worldbuffs becuase the only buffs available are: blasted lands/songflower/diremaul tribute.

and his last question was if he should get 8% hit without edgemasters, means first, he  isnt yellow-hitcapped.

or do i  missunderstood him?

if he has only 3% hit. he misses 5% yellow, if he misses 2 execute , its easy to go 100dps lower then other furys in his raid ;) 

В 06.06.2017 в 17:18, Alrik сказал:

Simple.

If you're BWL/AQ Geared with proper Consums + Worldbuffs you won't use OP or you'll lose DPS.

At this Point you don't specc into imp. OP anymore.

Flurry uptime isnt a Problem at this Point anymore since you get so much rage that you basically fill every GCD where BT/WW is down with Hamstrings.

You're wrong. OP still overpowered XD And more buffs/gear you have - the better it is.

idk even what a retard started this "no OP" meta, it bet that was someone too lazy to stance stance and rage management.

OP>HS in any cases, and rage loosing, glancings wont fix it.

Please fix your English a bit. While its not my first Language either, reading your "Sentences" is painful.

I guess Players on this Server suck then, since while apparently i'm "wrong" my faulty way to play Fury was still enough to be Top 10 DPS Contender.

2 hours ago, Sulf said:

You're wrong. OP still overpowered XD And more buffs/gear you have - the better it is.

idk even what a retard started this "no OP" meta, it bet that was someone too lazy to stance stance and rage management.

OP>HS in any cases, and rage loosing, glancings wont fix it.

On a somewhat related note. Do you use OP on Vael? I see you pushing 2k DPS there. I'm running 2h fury with Ashkhandi and I'm getting around 1.6k DPS there without OP. I know 2h fury is sub-par compared to DW in most cases but I'm still curious. OP scales very well with 2h.

4 часа назад, Alrik сказал:

Please fix your English a bit. While its not my first Language either, reading your "Sentences" is painful.

I guess Players on this Server suck then, since while apparently i'm "wrong" my faulty way to play Fury was still enough to be Top 10 DPS Contender.

Well one day I'll get English speaking environment it will be fixed for sure, dont worry ;-)

Top 10? That mean only you're using consumables/world buffs and you got good guild.

If you have good guild you got full worldbuffs saved for whole instance, you have no problems with aggro, and main thing: you have high Raid DPS = you're killing bosses fast = you have higher Death Wish uptime = higher average dps.

eg Chromaggus: Coalition fastest is ~90sec =~33% DW uptime. While most guilds best kill times are 150-180secs=20-15% uptime. Same goes for things like reck/rage pot/diamond flask/earthstrike etc.

Also in top guilds there's correct debuffs and no threat issues. 

5 часов назад, Storfan сказал:

On a somewhat related note. Do you use OP on Vael? I see you pushing 2k DPS there. I'm running 2h fury with Ashkhandi and I'm getting around 1.6k DPS there without OP. I know 2h fury is sub-par compared to DW in most cases but I'm still curious. OP scales very well with 2h.

Yep! I'm always using Overpower, except times I'm sure I will skip BT cause of it.

Funny how in reality it's better to sit in battle and skip WW than sit in zerker and skip OP. Even more so with world buffs since OP scales better, and you have a effectively higher crit cap in battle stance know that i mention it

On 6/10/2017 at 2:01 AM, vido said:

Funny how in reality it's better to sit in battle and skip WW than sit in zerker and skip OP. Even more so with world buffs since OP scales better, and you have a effectively higher crit cap in battle stance know that i mention it

haha, hope no one actually does this