cbarchuk

Making money while leveling

What is the most efficient and cost effective way to make money with skinning and leatherworking while leveling? Leveling skinning has been easy and LW not too bad as well. My issue has been trying to make some money. Any recommendations?

Skinning + LW combo isn't very profitable for leveling, but it eases off your expenses on gear for sure (+ there's something undeniably satisfying in the roleplay value of going out there and making your own stuff to wear from the beasts you slay).

If you want to make actual money then Herbalism + Alchemy always treated me nicely.

1) Respec herb.

2) Pick plants.

3) Sell plants.

This potion junkie server LOVES plants.

If we're talking while leveling, wouldn't herbalism be a bad idea? I see everyone saying how hard it is to level up and find herbs you need on this server, I feel like herbalism might be wiser to grab at least once you have a mount?

This is my first char on here (or on a vanilla private server), trying to decide what professions to take as a rogue. I grabbed skinning/LW, but figured I'd drop LW for herb/mining or something to make more money as my first char.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:16 PM, brookzilla39 said:

If we're talking while leveling, wouldn't herbalism be a bad idea? I see everyone saying how hard it is to level up and find herbs you need on this server, I feel like herbalism might be wiser to grab at least once you have a mount?

This is my first char on here (or on a vanilla private server), trying to decide what professions to take as a rogue. I grabbed skinning/LW, but figured I'd drop LW for herb/mining or something to make more money as my first char.

I've got a level 12 rogue that I'm doing skinning/LW with as well... I don't have a Scrooge McDuck money bin to swim in, but it helps take the edge off equipment costs when you factor in the rest of the mob drops you get.

Also grab any secondary skills you can... every little bit helps.