Luwoo

Scared to join Elysium

On ‎14‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 10:31 AM, Storfan said:

World and trade chats is where 90% of the group-finding happens in vanilla, unless you play exclusively with your guild.

Easier and less personal. LFG-tools and other quality-of-life changes is what made retail wow into the cancer that it currently is. Completely devoid of social interaction.

LFG is global aswell. Please dont misuse world and trade chat

On 6/14/2017 at 4:31 AM, Storfan said:

World and trade chats is where 90% of the group-finding happens in vanilla, unless you play exclusively with your guild.

Easier and less personal. LFG-tools and other quality-of-life changes is what made retail wow into the cancer that it currently is. Completely devoid of social interaction.

/agree thats it in a nutshell

On 14. 6. 2017 at 9:29 AM, Luwoo said:

However, I am afraid. I am afraid that I will spend most of the time alone on this server.

Plays Legion. HAHAHA 

You will quickly find that there is an actual community here.  Unlike retail where everything is cross server and instant que/travel/etc...

The things you're worried about are the reasons to abandon retail.  Your concerns (OP) are the reason people play here. 

2 minutes ago, MacFierce said:

You will quickly find that there is an actual community here.  Unlike retail where everything is cross server and instant que/travel/etc...

The things you're worried about are the reasons to abandon retail.  Your concerns (OP) are the reason people play here. 

So far what you say has proven to be true! I am much more into the game than when I was in retail :)

On 6/14/2017 at 3:29 AM, Luwoo said:

Hi everyone,

I  decided to quit Legion due to many reasons - I can't spend more than a few months w/o getting bored and quitting. I want to go back to old school WoW and hopefully that will be more fun than what retail is atm.

However, I am afraid. I am afraid that I will spend most of the time alone on this server. See, a big part of WoW for me is group activities - dungeons, PvP, questing etc. My fear is that in this server, due to the amount of players and absence of some LFG tool, I will end up lvling alone 95% of the time. Apart from some random people I meet while questing + maybe several dungeons where I find 4 like-minded people. But I do not see how these can be achieved in a sustained manner, meaning regular dungeons atleast once a day or something.

My question to the more experienced players in Elysium - is my fear reasonable? Is it really the case that you spend most of the time doing solo until end-game?

I would really love some inputs from you guys, I have high hopes for this server! Thanks.

Get in a good leveling guild and you won't even need the endless spam that is /world chat. (If you thought Barrens was bad....heh)

2 minutes ago, Cronin said:

Get in a good leveling guild

Yeah I assume you know how difficult that is, for someone who is not 40/50/60+. Anyways, I already made some friends while questing and am very impressed with the overall community of Elysium.

1 minute ago, Luwoo said:

Yeah I assume you know how difficult that is, for someone who is not 40/50/60+. Anyways, I already made some friends while questing and am very impressed with the overall community of Elysium.

Are you in a guild? If not, I'll try and get you in mine. We are a brotherhood and look out for our own ;-) Let me know.

Just now, Cronin said:

Are you in a guild? If not, I'll try and get you in mine. We are a brotherhood and look out for our own ;-) Let me know.

I would very much like that, thanks! However, I am ally and I have a feeling you're horde :x

Just now, Luwoo said:

I would very much like that, thanks! However, I am ally and I have a feeling you're horde :x

...I HATE the horde. More than I hate hate itself. Message me your charecter name. What lvl are you?

Just now, Cronin said:

...I HATE the horde. More than I hate hate itself. Message me your charecter name. What lvl are you?

Sweet! Same name as in forum, I'm currently 17 but I'm taking it slow cause I wanna lvl professions at the same time :)

Just now, Cronin said:

I just gotta get an officer to invite you, not sure if any are on. 1 sec

Mate unfortunately I won't be on until ~9-10PM server time, if at all today. Let me know your guild name or your nick so I can get in touch once I'm online!

1 minute ago, Cronin said:

I just gotta get an officer to invite you, not sure if any are on. 1 sec

Yeah, no officers on right now, I think most of them are from NA. But I got a note in to a couple of them to invite you.

1 minute ago, Cronin said:

Yeah, no officers on right now, I think most of them are from NA. But I got a note in to a couple of them to invite you.

Yeah I didn't mention I'm EU. Anyways, much appreciated and looking forward to seeing you in-game!

3 minutes ago, Luwoo said:

Mate unfortunately I won't be on until ~9-10PM server time, if at all today. Let me know your guild name or your nick so I can get in touch once I'm online!

You got mail ;-)

I don't get the hate here lol. I play here and retail. Can one of you please explain to me where it says you can't group with friends and quest/travel/dungeon crawl exactly like you can here? That's right you can't. Don't blame a qol tool that people CHOOSE to use in your little crusade.

Spamming "Looking for____" in a chat channel is not "being social" or a "community" you're simply using a tool given to you. Being forced to do something doesn't mean it makes the "social experience" any much better than retail. You just have no other options. In fact I've done multiple crawls where nothing was said after "ready?" A rich social experience isn't specific to vanilla. And this is coming from someone that loves vanilla and this server. Take the glasses off.

7 hours ago, Ticklish Bunny said:

I don't get the hate here lol. I play here and retail. Can one of you please explain to me where it says you can't group with friends and quest/travel/dungeon crawl exactly like you can here? That's right you can't. Don't blame a qol tool that people CHOOSE to use in your little crusade.

Spamming "Looking for____" in a chat channel is not "being social" or a "community" you're simply using a tool given to you. Being forced to do something doesn't mean it makes the "social experience" any much better than retail. You just have no other options. In fact I've done multiple crawls where nothing was said after "ready?" A rich social experience isn't specific to vanilla. And this is coming from someone that loves vanilla and this server. Take the glasses off.

Retail isn't 100% trash just like Elysium isn't 100% awesome, I think everyone agrees on this.

Regarding groups, it's not the tools we have to blame per se. The problem is that everything is easy. In retail, you find a group and get to a dungeon by clicking twice. In vanilla, you spend time spamming LFG, getting a group together. Which takes effort for everyone, hence people are more inclined to be nice and helpful and overall cooperative. This doesn't ensure a smooth experience due to the occasional twat, however, generally the grouping experience tends to be better. At least from my own experience.

If I take my glasses off I will fall.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, Jester94 said:

Most people are assholes or chinese. Find irl friends or lvl 60 autists will camp your lvl 20 char and make it unplayable

The only zones that have more than the occasional asshat ganker are Stranglethorn Vale (aka Vietnam), Searing Gorge, and Burning Steeps.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:29 AM, Luwoo said:

However, I am afraid. I am afraid that I will spend most of the time alone on this server. See, a big part of WoW for me is group activities - dungeons, PvP, questing etc. My fear is that in this server, due to the amount of players and absence of some LFG tool, I will end up lvling alone 95% of the time. Apart from some random people I meet while questing + maybe several dungeons where I find 4 like-minded people. But I do not see how these can be achieved in a sustained manner, meaning regular dungeons atleast once a day or something.

My question to the more experienced players in Elysium - is my fear reasonable? Is it really the case that you spend most of the time doing solo until end-game?

It's optimal for faster leveling to mostly quest and grind mobs on the way while doing the dungeon quests (keep in mind that these are scattered around the world and not at the beginning of the instance), but you can find a dungeon group for most leveling dungeons on the Elysium server in about 20 to 30 minutes (depending how long it takes to get a tank and healer). You will also have to walk to the instance which takes up to 15 minutes for everyone to get there, and the instances are typically between 45 minutes to 2 hours long depending on how good your group is and what you are running.

4 minutes ago, Garun said:

Stranglethorn Vale (aka Vietnam)

LOL

Thanks! As soon as I started on the server I saw that there's pretty much a group going for each available instance, the least popular ones being at lvl 25-40 ish. But this is way better than I expected!

17 minutes ago, Luwoo said:

LOL

Thanks! As soon as I started on the server I saw that there's pretty much a group going for each available instance, the least popular ones being at lvl 25-40 ish. But this is way better than I expected!

Yea, if you want to run a dungeon when leveling, you can if you can wait a little while to form a group and walk to the instance. At cap, there are some instances that you will have trouble getting certain roles for due to it not dropping anything good for said role (good luck getting a tank for LBRS without having to reserve gems for him/her), but a decent guild will help you with that.

Edit: I'm not kidding about the Vietnam part as I literally have to park my 60 nearby when I'm leveling my mage in STV when the Alliance decides to be assholes (which happens a lot).