Sign in to follow this  
Ransurias

Quel'serrar as a DPS weapon?

I know this is ridiculous, but I recently got my hands on Quel'serrar after an extremely lucky drop in Dire Maul the other day. The DPS weapon I was using beforehand was Axe of the Deep Woods, which has a fairly dismal DPS of 41.5 -- but a rather nice weapon speed of 2.70, as well as a proc that causes an average of over 100 damage with a ~6% proc chance.

On impulse, I sold my axe, assuming Quel would be better. However, I've been OCD ever since about whether that was the right choice. Quel'serrar has 11 more raw DPS (52.5), which is an absolutely massive advantage -- but its weapon speed is only 2.0, and its top-end damage is lower, leading to less damage with Whirlwind / Overpower.

Which is the better DPS weapon, out of curiosity? 

If orc: Axe possibly better.

If (any other race): Quel probably better.

Kind of silly seeing a fury warrior DPS:ing with a Quel though. Hillarious stuff m8.

From a pure dps point of view I'm pretty sure almost anything is better than qs. But keep hold of it until you find something better and then just keep it for tanking/epeen reasons

Most of your damage comes from white hits, so Quel is much better than Axe of the Deep Woods, UNLESS you're an orc in which case it may be a closer call. I'd still use Quel even in that case. In any case, it's certainly not worth sperging over.

the only dmg which relys on your weaponspeed is ww and overpower. id use quel over the axe.