Sign in to follow this  
Onesoul

Seriously people learn to play AV or dont join again

These damn 5-10 hour avs are seriously abysmal.People cant act properly when in a big group it seems.Each av has at least 10 afk people doing nothing and the rest start fighting with no end forcing us to /afk and get a 15 min debuff.

If you are horde learn to freaking backdoor and win the game and in any case never pvp in big endless group fights.

Start with the basics. Slow horde down by ruining their day with frost traps at IWB where they bottle neck, and also have mages at DB backdoor to AOE Imp blizz to make sure they cant backdoor and win. If that doesn't help you win ... report the AFK alliance by:
Physical Harassment -> Notate their class, and name -> their current location -> why you think they're afk / not participating

GM's are being VERY responsive to these reports and making sure to follow through ASAP.

Not everyone joins just for a quick win or loss. Some people join to grind the mobs inside. Some join just to have fun killing other players. Some join to farm rep or items via turn ins. Some join to complete specific quests they have in their logs. The point is not everyone in the AV joins just to rush and kill Vann/Drek. AV isn't WSG where there's literally a single objective, nor was it designed to be. 

On 07/16/2017 at 5:01 AM, Myllz said:

Not everyone joins just for a quick win or loss. Some people join to grind the mobs inside. Some join just to have fun killing other players. Some join to farm rep or items via turn ins. Some join to complete specific quests they have in their logs. The point is not everyone in the AV joins just to rush and kill Vann/Drek. AV isn't WSG where there's literally a single objective, nor was it designed to be. 

True. And if you need people to focus on one objective you should join a premade

Ironically, the reason games go on for 5-10 hours is because of.

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Multiple failed back door attempts and toxic players who have absolutely no idea how to PVP or play AV, nor any desire to play AV, raging at players in battleground chat and turning what is supposed to be a fun game into a cesspool of negativity.   

For example, a brand new game starts.  Some idiot dumb ass suggests "BALINDA HILL" as a strategy without even bothering to look at the comp of the group, which happens to have zero tanks and zero healers and a bunch of sub-level 60 characters.   99% of the BG groups up at Balinda Hill, most players of which are relying on that person to actually know what they were talking about.  Once everyone is at Balinda Hill, the self proclaimed leader who obviously paid for their toon says "GO NOW".  Most of the team actually makes it to the back door and the level 55 aggros all of the surrounding NPC's and there aren't any tanks or healers.  Can't really blame the lvl 55, nobody told them that would happen.  They wipe instantly and then the person leading the group actually then blames the 2 or 3 people that stayed on defense, spewing raging toxicity in chat at them.  A bunch of the people that followed that person then AFK out of the game, some of which actually believed him that it was the 2-3 people defending that caused the back door attempt to fail, some of which simply prefer not to stay in a game with a leader who is trolling the entire player base in chat.

Then the next group of rocket scientists comes in, again without any tanks or healers or some combination of the two, curses everyone who is still in the BG in battleground chat, calling them autistic and downs syndrome, raging about Chinese people and how it's their fault the game has taken this long, and then proceeds to do the exact same thing the previous group did.  TO THE T.

All this while, we sometimes lose our captains and towers because of these morons and this vicious cycle continues until the majority of the people left in the game are the ones who actually want to win the game no matter what it takes and not lose the game on purpose, because they are here to play the game and have fun and WIN, not to grind points. Those people then defend until a proper tank and healer combo come in, and proceed to win the game either pushing objectives or going back door.  More importantly, they are waiting for a leader who knows how to win AV, knows how to PVP, and knows how to treat them with RESPECT, and who will actually EXPLAIN HOW TO get their quests done, and summon the various bosses, and to be instructed where to turn in their items for bonus rep.

BLAME YOURSELF FOR 10 HOUR GAMES FOR BEING IDIOTS AND NOT KNOWING HOW TO PVP OR PLAY AV, and being TOXIC players, not the "Chinese" or the people who actually know how to play the game and want to win it!!! 

To win AV you need a tank, and you're not going to convince 40 players to lose a game on purpose because no tanks queued. They would rather wait for your sorry loser ass to AFK out so that maybe a tank and/or a REAL LEADER will come in your place so they can start having fun and winning the game.

To all you back door whiners : GO FUCK YOURSELVES AND YOUR POINTS. I hope you get ZERO honor this week!

I am plenty relaxed, just pissed off.  You know I'm right though.  Many of us leveled toons on Elysium specifically for the vanilla AV experience and we're tired of you back door cry babies constantly trying to blame us for your own inadequacies. 

Vanilla AV experience? I went into one AV that had lasted for 8 hours and we were down to around 15 per side. Many were AFKing out once they figured out what they signed up for. I think the server crashed shortly after I bailed out. I don't think too many people are interested in summoning NPCs and are more interested in zerging the backdoor.

Hey piastoax - you're not the only one who is sick and tired of backdoor rush games - if you want to join Hyrda premades on Elysium Horde, a Group which isn't only in for 6 minute games:)

On 9/17/2017 at 10:58 AM, jozef1703 said:

hey guys i have  a question, how is the pathfinding on this server? can people shoot through walls etc?

Most walls and buildings no but trees do nothing. It's the one thing I loved about one of the older servers; modded so trees blocked los. Not Blizz-like? Who cares! It just makes damn sense!